Mac's workshop Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 am
So yeah, might as well lump everything into one thread now. It's for the best, lest I enrage the mods with spam. Main catalyst for this thread is that my belated birthday presents arrived two days ago:

User Image
Two Valkyries, a Sentinel, a Cadian and Catachan command squad, a Primaris Psyker, a blister of Ratlings and the new codex.

Much to my surprise yesterday a second box came in from GW itself, inside it was another Valkyrie. crying

Here's the first Valkyrie, unnamed as of yet for my Elysian V-Company. This is a standard rocket pod and multi-laser version, no door bolters and everything at the back is glued shut. At the base are the standard bearer of the penal squad and sergeant McGraw, the angriest sergeant I've ever seen.
User Image

Here's number one along with number two, which I will convert to have a medical bay in the back. I already have a medic for the back I just need some good stuff for stretchers and medical equipment. Standing at their bases is my armoured Sentinel with plasma cannon.

Pardon the crappy quality.
User Image

This is the interior of number two, very spartan sadly as the model comes with little to no real interior decoration other than two panels, the heavy bolters and their gunners.
User Image

I've also been working on some infantry at the same time, this is the Overseer of my future Psyker Battle squad, made from a Valkyrie gunner, pilot head and spare command squad parts.
User Image

I drilled a hole into the back of the helmet and armour for the cable to connect to. Not sure what it's supposed to do but I wanted that on the model.
User Image

Finally, here is Sgt McGraw, who is very angry for some reason:
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 am
Sgt McGraw = whee heart

We do like angry~

So what kind of spare bits does one get from the Valkyrie?  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:21 am
Not a whole lot really. Depending on how you build it the kit will leave you with a spare lascannon / multi-laser, one spare pilot head, two sensor panels and an aquila. cry  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 am
That's a bummer... D:

Gw's being cheap on us!

What about the other sets? any nice additions/spare stuff that comes along? I have only seen completed showcase models from GW so far, so I'm not that updated with the new guard boxes. sweatdrop  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:38 am
The Valkyrie is like the Rhino and Tau vehicle sets really, only the bare essentials are there. The Sentinel and command sets on the other hand are crammed full of good stuff:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 am
What? Cadians gets no fist? Why that's a shame, but it still seals the deal, I so wanna start with my old cityfighting guards as a side project again...

= w =;;;  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:18 am
Cadians have a power fist, it's next to the plasma gun.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:56 am
Hah, guess I was drooling over everything else not to notice it... sweatdrop  

Shinobi_8745

Sento Fernner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm
Great stuff.

Your backgrounds pretty entertaining as well.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 pm
The posing on your infantry is a little... Well, over-standard. If you want it to stand out, try using greenstuff under the arms to change the angles. You can make your new command squad look so much more dynamic that way, a feeling of movement that -should- accompany blood being thrown everywhere by sharp-toothed chain weapons.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:40 pm
I rather like the out of the box look  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:38 am
Question about the new base and stand: is it really that robust and steady as they say it is?

They do give the models a real sense of flight. I'm tempted to get one now. whee  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:12 am
I can assure you that the flying stand is solid and well-designed, no wobbly-model syndrome here. Though I did glue mine to the base with super glue and used pacer over that for a super strong bond.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:41 pm
Names. Your valkyries need names! Number three shall be dubbed "P3" or something like that. Nah that's too obvious. Instead give it campy sharkteeth and eyes like everybody else does.

IN FREEHAND. twisted

edit.

Name it MAKO  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:52 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Names. Your valkyries need names! Number three shall be dubbed "P3" or something like that. Nah that's too obvious. Instead give it campy sharkteeth and eyes like everybody else does.

IN FREEHAND. twisted

edit.

Name it MAKO
Such a harsh mistress thou art. crying  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items