Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spectral Sanctuary

Back to Guilds

A place for discussion of anything relating to religion, spirituality and the paranormal. 

Tags: religion, spirituality, supernatural, paranormal, discussion 

Reply The Paranormal
Psychic Vampires

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tougenkyou

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 am
Cos unknowartist asked.

Okay, imagine people as buckets. They're full of water, representing energy. Sometimes people are born with holes. Thus, they are unable to maintain a constant level of water.

In order to get some of the lost energy back, they take it from their surroundings (I believe it's called ambient energy), or from other people. Often people can go through life never knowing they're doing this; other people are fully in control and, since taking energy from unsuspecting people is rather frowned upon, they are able to gather surrounding energy, filter it to keep from absorbing negativity, and use that. Other people just ask. Some can take it from animals, even the sun.

Before anyone starts, psychic vampires are just regular people. They don't burn in the sun more easily than others, they need to eat, and they need to sleep. However, because of their advanced skills in energy manipulation, they can be more adept at say, the meditative arts (as they focus their energy through themselves in meditation), psionics (using energy, basically), and so on.

After that it can get into witchcraft and religion (not always tied together) and morality and so on, so I'll leave that there for you guys.

For more information, there are many useful websites, though I'd advise you not to look at the symptoms lest you decide you fit all the signs- it's usually misleading. Many websites cast psychic vampires (also known as auric or energy vampires) as "energy predators"; this is NOT true. I am very good friends with several and they don't take kindly to that.

http://psychicvampire.org/index.htm This page has a lot of good info, but I've heard that the community linked to this page is a little dark in nature and tends to give off negativity, so I'd stay away from the forums.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:38 am
I have once tried (Yes, I am very into visualizing xD) to "tap" energy from people.
Just curious if it would actually work. I just couldn't really focus on anyone that good.
:B

pompoennetje

Tougenkyou

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:39 am
It's really not as hard as people would say; you don't have to be a vamp to drink blood, as the saying goes. ^_~  
The Paranormal

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games