Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Anime/Manga] Kuroshitsuji - One Hell of a Butler Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:10 pm
User Image

User Image
Ciel Phantomhive is the Queen of England's "Dog". If there is trouble to be taken care of in the kingdom, he is the go to guy. He is also only twelve. Orphaned in a tragic fire, Ciel has come back from the brink of hell, quite literally. Together with his butler, Sebastian, he sweeps up the dirt for the queen. But there is more to Ciel and his Butler than meets the eyes. Sebastian is really a demon that Ciel contracted in exchange for his soul. Their contract is etched into his right eye, which he keeps covered with an eye patch.

The show walks a line between supernatural drama with some macabre leanings, to comedy at the hands of the rest of the Phantomhive staff. The show is visually appealing with the Victorian inspired clothing. The best thing about the show is really the relationship between Sebastian and Ciel. It is, at times, very suggestive and complicated. There is a very amusing scene that is quite sexually suggestive, but it turns out Sebastian is only stuffing Ciel into a corset for some cross dressing undercover. XD It's PG-13, I promise. It's just a very humorous call out to the fangirls.

And if you're going to talk about yaoi in Kuroshitsuji, you have to mention Grell! Grell is a rogue shinigami that has taken quite a liking to Sebastian and is constantly fawning over him. He also likes to his on his fellow Shinigami William T. Spears and retired Shinigami, Undertaker.

User Image

The opening and ending songs are beautiful and I LOVE the chibi ending! Look at these adorable chibis!

User Image heart User Image heart User Image

If you haven't watched this show or read the manga, shame on you! You need too! Now, let's squee talk about it. How do you like the show? What's your favorite/least favorite things about it? How do you feel about the relationship between Sebastian and Ciel?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:13 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
Hahawhat, there wasn't already a thread for this? 8D
Um, yeah.
I have to say that Grell is my favorite character...he's so stylish and batshit insane, and I like that :3 He's my wallpaper.
I got the DS game, but I'm totally stuck D: I hope it gets released in English, but I doubt that.It seems the western game industry hasn't realized that there is money to be made of rabid fangirls.

Oh, and then there's the illustrations you get in Newtype and such! a lot of those are very suggestive, like the one with them sleeping next to each other xD
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:03 am
Nope, there's a lot of newer shows with no topics! Trust me, I know, I just updated the entire Master Topic List x_x

I have the title picture as my wallpaper, without the title of course. It's so pretty.

If I had to pick a favorite character, I think I'd go with Sebastian. Even though he's a demon with a contract, he still seems to care for Ciel. Being a demon, he could really be an a*****e about the whole thing, but instead, he takes care of Ciel and seems to genuinely worry about him. Especially at the end there. I thought it was really sweet.

I like Grell too. It's crazy what a team of fangirls he seems to have amassed. I wonder if he'll really take up with the Undertaker or continue to bug the hell out of William xd

Kuroshitsuji, for a non-BL title, you sure throw the BL at us! It's ok, I love it. heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:14 pm
that looks really kool i love it.......x3 heart  

76ReaperSoul

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

good-jack04

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:32 am
I love Kuroshitsuji! *u* Grell has to be one of my favorite characters and I really hope he returns in the manga! I miss him. crying

I wished the anime didn't ended. D8

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am
I'm watching Kuroshitsuji at the moment. Ciel and Sebastian are my favourites, they're so cool. ^^ Grell is mysteriously hilarious. biggrin I love his hair - and teeth!  

Choer

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 pm
omg!!! That anime looks SO interesting!!!!!
And I've been in the mood for something new and refreshing~♫
Indeed I have! (Is still out of a job crying Need something to keep me busy)

Thanks! ♫

Mod Edit: Your post has been edited. You may not share or solicit links or sites with unauthorized filesharing (downloading)/streaming of licensed materials.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:59 am
They're going to do a second season of the anime! I'm not sure how they'll do it though since they deviated from the manga plot and brought the anime to a very neat ending. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I hope they do another cute chibi ending!  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:38 am

I'm very excited about this new season. Just wondering how they'll pull it off, maybe redo it like with FMA? They did put a pretty...well, let's just say it's a bit hard to believe that there'd be anything happening after an ending like that. Or maybe, Sebastian took something else...

*giggle*

I like the chibi ending. And I like the opening and closing songs, they're very cool.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:27 pm
When is the new season coming out? I pretty much fell over, hearing that there would be another one. I'm so excited!  

After Midnight Blue

Dapper Informer

Lady Tsukiko Kuonji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:01 pm
definitely love it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm
I LOVE KUROSHITSUJI! It is like the best.
The point in the manga is soooo nerve wracking, but most of all I want to see Sebastions demon form and The Grave guy (forgot name) eyes. XD

Infinite Pandora

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Sebastian's true form has some damn sexy shoes for srs. I am one of those crazy shoe fetishist and those heels are killer!

Anyway, I've heard some stuff about the new series.
Apparently, Ciel and Sebastian aren't in it... they're being replaced by two other characters ; _ ; I hope they're kidding. From the reports I've read from the Valentines seiyuu event, they showed a trailer with a blond kid and another butler... ultra depressing amirite?

I'm not sure what to think. I'll probably just assume that they're rivals of Ciel and Sebastian. So they're not mains. Or something. I don't even know... I mean, they can't have Black Butler without the Black Butler! D<
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm
Yes the whole leather heel boots. . .=w=

And oh my gosh, NO! They can't go and just replace the 2 mains! That's so not right! surprised They better not, or else. >[

But that's why we have the glorious manga, not having to worry about new characters leaving Sebastian and Ciel in the dust.

Infinite Pandora

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games