Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Beware of Password Phishers. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:40 pm
I just received this pm from one of those scum password fishers. I want all members to realize if you don't already. That these types of pms are in fact fake. At no time will a real moderator ever ask you for your password. Also, the fact that the picture is in the pm instead of on there avatar. Is also another tell which is a dead giveaway. So as the thread title says. Make sure to throw rocks at these people whenever you see them. By rocks, I mean report every one of the suckers you see.
Quote:
[ADMIN, LEAD]

Attention User,
We are sorry to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Administrator, we don’t normally ask for this information but to clear your report we must. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested.If you were offline when you received this message, you have been given 15 minutes to reply to this message as of the time you logged in or this report will not be able to pass the maintenance.
IF YOU IGNORE THIS MESSAGE YOU WILL BE BANNED !!!

Email:

Emails Password:

Verify Password:

Date Of Birth: / /

*REMEMBER* TYPE YOUR PASSWORD WITH A SPACE IN BETWEEN EACH LETTER !

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please DO NOT submit this form multiple times, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information. Thank you for your cooperation. Sorry for this disturbance and please also take all of your items off the market for it will make it faster and easier for our staff. Your password will be set to GAIA123 and instantly change it again when you log back in.

©REPORT 423.738.435.889.349

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm
wow they are getting pretty hi tech with there hack attempts  

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:34 pm
pms are not high tek. one time, i clicked on someone's profile and a pop-up asked for a usename and a password. don't know if its a hack attempt for the computer or the browser, but i just clicked "x" and nothing happened.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 am
In the future, whenever something like that happens. Be sure to hit control + Alt + Delete. Then manually end the pop-up. Don't click anywhere on those. Some of them are set up. So when you click the X. It triggers whatever they were trying to get you with.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm
LanceCalvis
In the future, whenever something like that happens. Be sure to hit control + Alt + Delete. Then manually end the pop-up. Don't click anywhere on those. Some of them are set up. So when you click the X. It triggers whatever they were trying to get you with.

well, by that time, you'll know something it happening. if worse comes to the worst and forces you to download stuff, just pull the computer plug before it finishes. that's what i do. haha. or get good security like Norton Antivirus 2009. the new version stops all of those malicious downloads and automatically transfers you to their home page if you do go to a scam page. it will then indicate that the link/site was a scam and the reason why.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:51 am
Norton Anti-Virus is a joke. I remember a hacker that my brother knew. He actually had a short comedy bit about how weak it was. McCafree is the single best out of the box security you can buy. Though, custom security can actually be more secure. And yes, I'm well aware that every program has its own weakness. So I will just say talk to the hand preemptively to that copout. It still doesn't change the fact. That it is still one of the most secure out of the box anti-virus.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 am
Personally, I don't trust either McAfee or Norton, and I haven't for years. Lavasoft makes a pretty good product, as does AVG, and MS has actually gotten to the point where their own security implementations are actually pretty solid and DESIGNED to be used as an integral part of your OS.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I just haven't had much to say.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:01 pm
i used to be the same until i tried out the new norton 360. unlike the old programs, where they simply kept upgrading from the previous core software, Norton created a new security from scratch that actually works. it's on head to head competition with kaspersky now. NOD32 still owns though.  

Ronzalpha201

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:04 pm
Hey any of you know about antivirus for mac, in know the question is strange because is for mac but every time i put my usb in windows computer the usb is inffected with a lot of virus (all the times in my university -_-). So i was hopping to clean my usb and my mac, so i dont inffect more cumpters that use windows.
.n_n.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:36 am
me got hack "may 1st"
i was on the town and suddenly i was automatically logOut"
and some indecents they are automatically teleported in a house
hackers are always in the town!
so be careful guys!!  

iiM3Lii

iiM3Lii

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:39 am
Zhadgon
Hey any of you know about antivirus for mac, in know the question is strange because is for mac but every time i put my usb in windows computer the usb is inffected with a lot of virus (all the times in my university -_-). So i was hopping to clean my usb and my mac, so i dont inffect more cumpters that use windows.
.n_n.

try AVG antivirus  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:24 am
I know hackers are in the towns. Which I why I regularly go through to random areas. Reporting all that are using those speed scripts. As well as people sitting on that fountain.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

l-VK-l

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:51 pm
For you firefox users, this, is a very nice little tool. If you happen to have several scam attempts that lead to other pages, (Like a fake gaia home page), you can have the site blocked perm. In other words. Safely keeping you away from a costly mistake without having to do much of anything.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:54 pm
xoxo_1CUTE0_xoxo
Zhadgon
.n_n.

try AVG antivirus

word of advice, DON"T USE AVG!
its completely horrible now and i believe they took down the free version, meaning you now have to pay for their service. also, it prevents installation of other security programs such as Norton and Kaspersky, even if you uninstall AVG.
right now, the best one is AVIRA
it's a program is created in Europe and contains the best detection rate among the frees.  

Ronzalpha201

3_G a z a_3

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm
right now i am dealing with password phishers  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items