Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ritual Garb Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:47 pm
So- do you have a specified set of clothing for ritual?

Is it unique in any special way?

How about certain jewelry? A way you wear your hair?

Maybe makeup you only use in a religious context?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:06 am
yup. i have a loose, long, sleeveless/racerback purple shirt and a floor-length brown skirt. i go barefoot and don't wear any undies.

i have a wooden and metal necklace, bracelet, and ring that i wear.

the ring is a symbol of my promise to remain chaste. the shirt and skirt, worn with a belt, makes me feel nature-y and hippie-ish and i like that. my spirituality is nature-based and i feel like my dress helps that. i know that some pagans worship naked, and i totally respect that, but i like the feel of walking around in a long skirt.

i've worn my hair in braids and down, not a whole lot of significance there except i don't wear any product in my hair or fix it in a way that requires more than just my hands and string. now that i think about it, i'd like to get some ribbon to wear for ritual.

i personally don't wear makeup ever [except prom], but if i felt the call or need to wear makeup in a religious context, no problem.

anyway, i only wear my shirt and skirt in ritual. it makes them more special to me, and helps me 'get in the zone,' if you will.

if i had sewing skillz i would certainly make my own ritual clothing. but for now, i thrift and occasionally buy new.

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:11 am
My current clothing project is making some new sandals. I don't mind going barefoot, but it isn't always the safe thing to do.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:19 pm
No, but I wish I had ritual clothes emo . I don't even care if they're traditional-style Nordic clothes.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
No, but I wish I had ritual clothes emo . I don't even care if they're traditional-style Nordic clothes.
What kind of clothing would you want?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
What kind of clothing would you want?

Not sure yet.
I don't think I've come across anything yet that jumps out to me as ritual garb redface .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

Not sure yet.
I don't think I've come across anything yet that jumps out to me as ritual garb redface .
Do you want to dress modernly or anachronistically?
What colors do you like?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 pm
Does metal jewelry used as focus points of psychodrama count as ritual garb?  

Recursive Paradox

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:37 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

Not sure yet.
Do you want to dress modernly or anachronistically?
What colors do you like?

I would say modernly.
Something that, if the roommate woke up and walked in on me mid-ritual, it wouldn't raise questions or stares (if this makes sense).
For colors...violet or darker blue.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:57 am
Recursive Paradox

I'd say so.

For my part, it depends what I'm doing.
Secular rituals often have their own outfit and accoutrements that are mostly unique to the rituals in question. All of which are strictly non-sharable.
There are certain symbols/colours/things that certain Amesha like, I try to keep that in mind when dressing to call to them.
Same holds true for dealing with the local Geni, but it's really more a matter of chatting them up than performing a ritual. I suppose I could find out if they favour any specific garments. If so, I would try to wear them when hanging out.  

Fiddlers Green

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:24 am
TeaDidikai
So- do you have a specified set of clothing for ritual?

Yes and no. I have specified things I am/am not allowed to wear during certain rituals ninja

Quote:
Is it unique in any special way?

Some yes, some no.

Quote:
How about certain jewelry? A way you wear your hair?

Ahh, now this is a little more specific. Yes, certain rituals call for specific ritual jewelry and even to an extent how one is to appear generally.

In short, some rituals I could do without showering wearing nothing but my undies, other rituals I'd need to get a little more dressed up for. It depends exactly what/Who the ritual is for, why it's being done, when it's being done, and a few other factors. However most of it comes down to "do nots" as opposed to "dos" 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm
Recursive Paradox
I'd count it.

Violet Song jat Shariff

I would say modernly.
Something that, if the roommate woke up and walked in on me mid-ritual, it wouldn't raise questions or stares (if this makes sense).
What material?

I am thinking some of those loose stylized Yoga outfits that come in solid colors. Enough room for you to move, fashionable, but if they found you in a candle lit room with trinkets scattered about, someone may well assume you're meditating and leave you to it.  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

I would say modernly.
What material?

I am thinking some of those loose stylized Yoga outfits that come in solid colors. Enough room for you to move, fashionable, but if they found you in a candle lit room with trinkets scattered about, someone may well assume you're meditating and leave you to it.

I'd prefer a natural fiber 3nodding .
I'm not familiar with this style of outfit you're talking about sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:48 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

I would say modernly.
What material?

I'm running into a stumbling block. I know where to buy it locally, but I don't know it's official name, so I'm having a hard time finding it online.  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

I would say modernly.
What material?

I'm running into a stumbling block. I know where to buy it locally, but I don't know it's official name, so I'm having a hard time finding it online.

Ah I'm sorry sad  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces