Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Visual Art's Key/Tactics Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: AirTV, Kanon, Clannad, AngelBeats 

Reply Anime: Clannad
How many times did YOU cry?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You HAVE to have cried! It's impossible NOT to!
I did...
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
Nope!
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Kitty_Cat_Rat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:01 pm
This is the anime that has definately given me the most emotions out of the rest.

Okay... so I've cried AT LEAST five times.

In the last episode of the ~After Story... I cried twice with a less-than-5-minutes interval XD.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 pm
Air got me, Kanon got me, and Clannad got me. Haven't watched after story. I sort of stopped on Clannad myself when I noticed they were trying to be more comedy oriented with the series and little to no plot after Kotomi's arc. I still like the characters, but Kyoto Animation took it in a wrong way, in my honest opinion. I like the stories over comedy. :S  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Kitty_Cat_Rat

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:05 am
Minak0
Air got me, Kanon got me, and Clannad got me. Haven't watched after story. I sort of stopped on Clannad myself when I noticed they were trying to be more comedy oriented with the series and little to no plot after Kotomi's arc. I still like the characters, but Kyoto Animation took it in a wrong way, in my honest opinion. I like the stories over comedy. :S

Actually... in my opinion... the story is more deep for Clannad than the other 2. The After Story shows that it's definitely has tragedy and fantasy... You just didn't give it enough of a chance...

It definately has a story... a BIG one... more of a story than the others...  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:53 pm
Kitty_Cat_Rat
Minak0

Actually... in my opinion... the story is more deep for Clannad than the other 2. The After Story shows that it's definitely has tragedy and fantasy... You just didn't give it enough of a chance...

Not saying After Story doesn't, or didn't. I am speaking for the first Clannad series. The first Clannad one, KyoAni took off into the filler so bad, that is why I believe Afterstory was made.....because they focused on comedy too much, and not enough story, that the fans probably didn't take kindly to it. I am sure After Story is better, I am not saying it isn't, but the first one was..... just not too great in my honest opinion. =S  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Macrophiliac

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:01 am
[WARNING SPOILER]

I didn't cry on Kanon or Air nor Clannad, but the after story... It was sooo sad D; like when Nagisa died... or when Ushio lost her robot... and other things... D: Tomoya's life sucks, except the ending where everything went back to when Nagisa was give birth to Ushio biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:53 pm
XxsamurixX
[WARNING SPOILER]

I didn't cry on Kanon or Air nor Clannad, but the after story... It was sooo sad D; like when Nagisa died... or when Ushio lost her robot... and other things... D: Tomoya's life sucks, except the ending where everything went back to when Nagisa was give birth to Ushio biggrin

Same.  

xxangel-senpaixx

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Melock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:07 pm
I actually cried at the happy parts of Clannad and not the sad parts that you were supposed to cry at. Like when Tomoya and Ushio went on that trip together and they were looking for robot and they got into that whole deep talk and finally connected and Ushio said something like, "The places you can cry are in the bathroom and in the arms of your father," and then she ran into Tomoya's arms and they were all happy. I cried like baby. I didn't cry when Nagisa died though. I did cry at the very end of the after story when they were showing all the characters in their current positions being all happy and making it in life, that part got me. I don't know why the happy parts make me cry so much more then the sad ones. But i looovvvee Clannad. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 am
Minak0
Kitty_Cat_Rat
Minak0

Not saying After Story doesn't, or didn't. I am speaking for the first Clannad series. The first Clannad one, KyoAni took off into the filler so bad, that is why I believe Afterstory was made.....because they focused on comedy too much, and not enough story, that the fans probably didn't take kindly to it. I am sure After Story is better, I am not saying it isn't, but the first one was..... just not too great in my honest opinion. =S
In my opinion i agree strongly with Kitty_cat_rat. I understand your opinion but i must stress that unless you watch after story you really don't see the depth of the original Clannad series. also i would like to point out that the first part of the anime was all the story arcs in the game kinda meshed into one story, and considering that they did a brilliant job. now don't read on if you haven't watched afterstory.

As for how many times i cried. well it all started with the Clannad, i got to know and love the characters, laughed with them and shared touching moments etc. Then after story.... played with my love for the characters, made little tugs at my heart strings before finally ripping it out XD.... after it was out i haveto say nothing has made me cry harder..... ever.... i know it sounds weird and it's unlike me actually. just something about the build up, the humanity of it, working to survive in an extrememly realistic environment and i related that to my current sad life, and so everything that happened to the characters happened to me. i cried for at least 15 mins before going on >.> that was just a dam that broke but after that i got teary eyed at many different parts, like the cheap shot "the two places i can cry are in the bathroom, and in daddies arms" OMG!!!!! I would haveto say i cried at least 5 times starting with that huge damn break.....  

KetsuruiArtist

Scyra Testarossa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:54 pm
i cried when Fuuko left and I cried when Nagisa died and I cried at the ending! WHY CAN'T TOMOYA DIE INSTEAD OF USHIO??  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:17 pm
I did not cry but that does not say much. Since I never cry. lol But, there is parts of Clannad that just stick even after you have seen/played it.  

GoodPoint

MelchurTejada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:31 pm
I cried in Clannad: Afterstory when Nagisa died, also when Ushio died. Just so sad.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:35 pm
MelchurTejada
I cried in Clannad: Afterstory when Nagisa died, also when Ushio died. Just so sad.

Dude... this thread was created 2 years ago... how'd you find it XD?  

Kitty_Cat_Rat

XxFlutterHeartxX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:02 pm
Kitty_Cat_Rat
MelchurTejada

Dude... this thread was created 2 years ago... how'd you find it XD?

Lol, this guild happens to be one of the only TWO guilds on Gaia that show up when typing "Visual Novels" in the search bar that have anything what-so-ever to do with visual novels. Not to mention the other guild only has two members.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:11 am
Probably easier to count the times I didn't cry. crying
It's more than a week since I finished After Story and I'm still snuffling.  

Erogenous Jones

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Anime: Clannad

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items