Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:06 pm
So, I guess that some of you may have heard about the Black Consuls, in the Space Marine codex, well I've just gotten the random urge to write a history about them.
I'll go down a timeline, starting at M35, some bits I may leave as a note, some I will go into more detail, and pick out bits, go into detail, and take the place of a Marine.
So, yea, here it goes.

452.M35
The Black Consuls are founded from the Ultramarines gene-stock. Captain Scark Jisith is appointed Chapter Master.

469.M35
The Black Consuls first company scale engagement on the planet of Thraxis XII, led by Captain Ehsar of the 4th Company.
Low orbit around Thraxis XII
"Admiral, open up the scanners, we need to see what has happened down there." Ehsar Vranic demanded sharply to the Admiral of the Strike Cruiser Virtues Of Life. "Online, now. We have full scans of the planets surface, captain." Raerus replied smartly. The admiral still wore his shining blue Ultramarines armour, with the sparkling Admiral badges still anointing it. Raerus was older than any others in the chapter, save for Chapter Master himself. When Scark Jisith had ordered Ehsar to go with Raerus and reclaim the planet, he had been delighted beyond imagining, this was the first full company engagement, a chance to show others that the Black Consuls are a true Space Marine chapter, and worthy in front of the Emperor, on the battle field.

"Captain, all squads are ready for deployment, your Thunderhawk is awaiting." Veteran Sergeant Dycuis reported from the hanger bay, in his slightly bland, yet deep tone. "Thank you, sergeant, I am heading down as we speak." Ehsar replied quickly, then closing the link. "I shall be leaving, good luck Admiral, and keep me appraised of any new developments." The Captain said to the centuries old Admiral, before starting to walk out. "And to you, may the God-Emperor guide your hand." The venerable Marine replied, bowing deeply, then returning to look over the cathedral like bridge.

On the planet
"Captain, we have found Sergeant Thries's scout squad, you should come and have a look at this." The unemotional voice of the Veteran sergeant reported through the comm link, voices in the background making it sound muffled. Thraxis XII was a usual Deathword planet, the actual surface was a landscape covered in massive and arching forests, poisonous plants, and murderous predators. It seemed the very planet was rebelling against the Space Marines.

Dycuis rose from the broken tree to greet his Captain. "Sir, you need to see this." The veteran quickly said, leading Ehsar over to a opening in the shrieking trees, where a massive scorch mark, about the length of a Rhino on all sides, and it had made a deep impact mark in the dark brown earth. Arranged inside the 'dent' lay the crumpled forms of the six man scout squad, including Sergeant Thries, who was missing half of his body. But one body stood out amongst the rest, it was seemingly injured, apart from a pool of blood around it, but had not lost a limb like the others. "Who is it?" The Captain asked, jumping down into the creater and kneeling beside the body, which another Marine Sergeant was examining.

"It appears to be Brother Nersh, and cause of death, for the whole squad I presume was that a lightning bolt must have stricken something explosive, and caught the whole squad, killing them like this." Sergeant Vren explained, indicating the bits of body from each. "Call for Thunderhawk, and send them all up to the Virtue so the Apothecary can check them." Ehsar ordered grimly, looking once back at the young and unblooded scouts, now they were blooded, in death.

Several long and aching minutes later, a black Thunderhawk streaked down from the clouds, hovering just above the ground, and with haste, the scouts were slotted into the space craft solemnly. Captain Ehsar and the two Tactical squads stood with their heads lowered, weapons across their chest in salute of the first deaths in their part of the Long War. No one seemed to notice that the body of Brother Nersh, had no injuries what so ever, and that the combat dagger that Nersh had was covered in slick blood, and that a sinister and evil smirk was upon his face as the Thunderhawks rear hatch closed. No, no one noticed Brother Nersh.

In the next month, the planet was scoured of the unknown Traitor population, which the Black Consuls purged quickly, as well as the two dozen Alpha Legionnaires members they found on Thraxis XII. To this day, the Deathworld remains under guard by a star fortress in the control of the Ordo Malleus.

So, what do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 pm
Work on your formatting, as of right now it is a right pain in the rear end to read such a large slab of text. Paragraph it, rework the clunky sentences here and there then things should be just fine.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:47 pm
Right, I've split them up, and I'll have a look at the sentences when I get back from work.  
Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games