"The RP forum has become....derelict."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 pm
How so?  

ranch_and_potatos

Commander Garrus Vakarian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 pm
"Little to no posts"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 am
ah i see. i thought you meant.... well... oh... nah... thats not important.  

ranch_and_potatos

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 pm
It's a shame, I could use a good RP.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 pm
You could always start a new rp thread and hope some one responds  

Sydony

Dapper Hunter

3,190 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:00 am
Sydony

Trying to come up with a good one now.... Usually, though, whoever runs the RP generally becomes a commanding Officer, and I usually only play Medical.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:38 pm
I'd be afraid to start one, especially dealing in OC's. It's been a long while since I did any serious rping, and the last Trek rp I was in was based in TOS with only those characters, plus I've only ever led one myself and it died after only a short while because my second-in-command decided he wanted out, and it seemed to give everyone else an excuse to bail out as well. =( Hate it when that happens. Not a huge surprise though, I'm a born follower, leading just isn't in me most of the time.  

Elle Lyn

Sydony

Dapper Hunter

3,190 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:54 pm
Matt Pniewski
Sydony

Trying to come up with a good one now.... Usually, though, whoever runs the RP generally becomes a commanding Officer, and I usually only play Medical.

Thats because the commanding officer is a popular choice. A lot of people want to be captain. But iff you start one be whoever you want to be there is no reason a medical officer can't be the main character or one of the main characters. Bones was one of the main characters in original star trek and i always thought the doctor in voyager was interesting and could have had more storylines. Esp if you decide to do a roleplay based primarily in medical.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:40 pm
Elle Lyn
I'd be afraid to start one, especially dealing in OC's. It's been a long while since I did any serious rping, and the last Trek rp I was in was based in TOS with only those characters, plus I've only ever led one myself and it died after only a short while because my second-in-command decided he wanted out, and it seemed to give everyone else an excuse to bail out as well. =( Hate it when that happens. Not a huge surprise though, I'm a born follower, leading just isn't in me most of the time.

That happens ALOT. I run classic Marvel at my place, and we had so many people going in and out that we couldn't finish it. A D&D game my friend ran ended the same way.

Online RPing dies a lot easier..... After all, we still had a good D&D run it's course and my friend's Star Wars one is still going... I've had two online ones actually run.

Quote:
Bones was one of the main characters in original star trek and i always thought the doctor in voyager was interesting and could have had more storylines. Esp if you decide to do a roleplay based primarily in medical.

Problem is a medical story proves boring for everyone else, usual. So I'd generally to to at least make it factor in. I have a great character I used for another trek one, a Doctor whose Mannerisms are based off of Doug Jones....  

Matt Pniewski

Elle Lyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 pm
I see what you mean, completely. The two longest-lived rps I have been in were both aided by at least some of the people knowing each other irl. So it was online still, but people wouldn't back out as easily. Actually one of those didn't really get to die, it was cut off when the site we were on closed. Some of us found each other through emails, but we never could find everyone so we just parted ways, more or less. Really disappointing, actually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Elle Lyn
I see what you mean, completely. The two longest-lived rps I have been in were both aided by at least some of the people knowing each other irl. So it was online still, but people wouldn't back out as easily. Actually one of those didn't really get to die, it was cut off when the site we were on closed. Some of us found each other through emails, but we never could find everyone so we just parted ways, more or less. Really disappointing, actually.

Ah. I like it if it at least lasts through one major mission, I call it a success.

I RP with my friends. They don't do Star Trek, just Dungeons and Dragons.  

Matt Pniewski

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff