Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happyhrdcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 pm
which one is better

KoЯn(old) or KoRn(new)

oh yer was L.A.P.D anygood ?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:14 pm
I can't really answer that, as no two albums sound the same and it's unfair to compare their 'old' and 'new' sounds... as it's all relative and a vital element of their evolution as a band.

But in terms of which albums I got more emotionally attached with... I'd say all albums up til Untouchables (especially Issues). Jonathan's lyrics are moving to a different place now, as he's purged most of his personal demons and he's delving onto more philosphical territory.  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 am
+[Unholy_Rage]+
I can't really answer that, as no two albums sound the same and it's unfair to compare their 'old' and 'new' sounds... as it's all relative and a vital element of their evolution as a band.

But in terms of which albums I got more emotionally attached with... I'd say all albums up til Untouchables (especially Issues). Jonathan's lyrics are moving to a different place now, as he's purged most of his personal demons and he's delving onto more philosphical territory.

Took the words right out of my mouth! wink

As for L.A.P.D., I haven't heard much of them to really judge. I hear they're somewhat okay but off-tempo.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 am
ZeeCrazayHobo
+[Unholy_Rage]+

As for L.A.P.D., I haven't heard much of them to really judge. I hear they're somewhat okay but off-tempo.

LOL we do that to each other quite a lot... because were INDIGO SISTERS :O.

Anyways, I've heard a few of their songs when Korn Simpol was still alive and had a media player. They sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers with a bit of Faith No More - you can tell the musicians had something special but their vocalists was a bit... not quite there. They are nothing compared to Korn!  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:49 pm
+[Unholy_Rage]+
ZeeCrazayHobo
+[Unholy_Rage]+

LOL we do that to each other quite a lot... because were INDIGO SISTERS :O.

Anyways, I've heard a few of their songs when Korn Simpol was still alive and had a media player. They sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers with a bit of Faith No More - you can tell the musicians had something special but their vocalists was a bit... not quite there. They are nothing compared to Korn!

Fieldy talks about that in his book. He mentioned that the Red Hot Chili Peppers where one of their main inspirations. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 am
I personally like Korn albums less and less the further you go back for the most part. It's mainly just because of production quality, though, and the fact that JD sounds different in the first album compared to everything from Life is Peachy onwards. SYOTOS is still my alltime favorite, prolly 'cuz it's got the most variety and 20 songs.  

DioRte

ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:36 pm
I couldn't decide which vocal stage I like Jonathan at best.

KoRn is pure, raw emotion and he has more of the growling introduced. Life Is Peachy isn't much different, it seems to have just a bit less of the growls. Follow the Leader is the point where Jonathan really starts getting experimental with his voice and begins singing more. Issues, probably my favorite point, was when Jonathan starts to sing more and gets a lot lighter in his vocals, and has the 'schizophrenic' sounding voices accompanying him to give a really creepy feel. I think this also marks the time where you can no longer hear Jonathan breathing between lyrics (which is something that made KoRn and Life Is Peachy so raw next to no huge effects) unless he's screaming repeatedly. Untouchables wasn't much different - just a little heavier.

Now, I think sometime after that album Jonathan had the issue with his voice so it changed on Take A Look In The Mirror, not only because they tried to go back to the old roots but because of this new style. Jon sounds a lot older and...croaky or raspy is really bad word for it, but you guys know what I mean when you listen to it. By the time SYOTOS came around Jonathan got smoother...closest I think I can relate it to is like a cross between Follow the Leader and Untouchables. I dunno. As for the most recent, Untitled, Jonathan is singing a lot more. Sort of like a softer, matured Issues.

Personally, I love all of them...well, who doesn't? But if I had to choose I think my favorite vocal stage for Jonathan is the Issues/Untouchables era.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:32 pm
ZeeCrazayHobo
I couldn't decide which vocal stage I like Jonathan at best.

KoRn is pure, raw emotion and he has more of the growling introduced. Life Is Peachy isn't much different, it seems to have just a bit less of the growls. Follow the Leader is the point where Jonathan really starts getting experimental with his voice and begins singing more. Issues, probably my favorite point, was when Jonathan starts to sing more and gets a lot lighter in his vocals, and has the 'schizophrenic' sounding voices accompanying him to give a really creepy feel. I think this also marks the time where you can no longer hear Jonathan breathing between lyrics (which is something that made KoRn and Life Is Peachy so raw next to no huge effects) unless he's screaming repeatedly. Untouchables wasn't much different - just a little heavier.

Now, I think sometime after that album Jonathan had the issue with his voice so it changed on Take A Look In The Mirror, not only because they tried to go back to the old roots but because of this new style. Jon sounds a lot older and...croaky or raspy is really bad word for it, but you guys know what I mean when you listen to it. By the time SYOTOS came around Jonathan got smoother...closest I think I can relate it to is like a cross between Follow the Leader and Untouchables. I dunno. As for the most recent, Untitled, Jonathan is singing a lot more. Sort of like a softer, matured Issues.

Personally, I love all of them...well, who doesn't? But if I had to choose I think my favorite vocal stage for Jonathan is the Issues/Untouchables era.

3nodding

Nothing more needs to be added, as I concur.

That and I didn't really dig the gross overproduction of SYOTOS and Untitled, it kinda detracted from their impact as a band (soundwise).  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

--KoRn-Iz-Jashin--

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 pm
I personally am an Old KoRn fan, but I LOVE ALL Their albums, the only reason i like old Korn is cuz they're first self-titled album is my favorite album of theirs. It's raw, and deep, and every song made me feel exactly how he did when he wrote it, weather it be angry, nosalgic, sarcastic, sick and tired, or tortured and miserable. (Daddy is my ALL TIME FAVORITE KoRn song, it's so ******** emotional, and it's real) the other albums are just as good, I love everything they make, it's so origanal, and it's theirs. no one can take that away from them! I LOVE KORN!!!

(lmao ADHD moment i know xD)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:05 am
See, this is the reason why I joined Chilldren of the KoRn. I love KoRn as much as the next person, but due to money restraints, and the fact that I have about 10 other bands I'm always keeping tabs on, I only have SYOTOS.

But I have had that album since middle school, it was one of my first true metal cds (the other one was City of Evil, by A7X). I love the twists in the cd, the abstractness of it, and of course, the deep, gutteral riffs. No matter what KoRn cd I get, See You On The OtheR Side will probably always be my favorite.  

Eklypse_Peregrin

ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 am
Eklypse_Peregrin
See, this is the reason why I joined Chilldren of the KoRn. I love KoRn as much as the next person, but due to money restraints, and the fact that I have about 10 other bands I'm always keeping tabs on, I only have SYOTOS.

But I have had that album since middle school, it was one of my first true metal cds (the other one was City of Evil, by A7X). I love the twists in the cd, the abstractness of it, and of course, the deep, gutteral riffs. No matter what KoRn cd I get, See You On The OtheR Side will probably always be my favorite.

Yes, it's a very very unique KoRn. I really enjoyed it the first time I got it, too...because it was, in a way, MY first KoRn CD as well. See, I got Greatest Hits first, then backtracked all the back to KoRn. (Without even meaning too. lol) So I had SYOTOS to look forward to as their NEW stuff, the wait, hearing samples, seeing the cover art for the first time...it was like, "FINALLY! I AM CAUGHT UP WITH THE REST OF THE FAN BASE WHO ARE LIKE...10 YEARS OLDER THAN ME! LOL!" SYOTOS was just such a relaxing album, I listened to it a lot at night before bed and it would just take me to a different world. Not quite my favorite favorite in comparison to Issues, but SYOTOS will always have a special place in my heart too. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:53 pm
Yeah. . .I have 30 dollars in iTunes money, and I have no idea what to get. There's Halestorm's new cd, Ace Frehley's 1978 solo album (which doubles as a present for my best friend), and KoRn. Those are the 3 things I MUST get.

But I have no idea which KoRn cd I should get!!!!

And there's still so much more that I want. crying  

Eklypse_Peregrin

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:29 am
Eklypse_Peregrin
Yeah. . .I have 30 dollars in iTunes money, and I have no idea what to get. There's Halestorm's new cd, Ace Frehley's 1978 solo album (which doubles as a present for my best friend), and KoRn. Those are the 3 things I MUST get.

But I have no idea which KoRn cd I should get!!!!

And there's still so much more that I want. crying

Issues. Most definitely.

I recommend it because it's a good thing to have in your arsenal, to fight the demons that pop up now and then in your life. Singlehandedly saved my life, literally. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:38 pm
Ooo, you are making this really[i hard on me, Ragey! I narrowed the choices to the self-titled album, or Follow the Leader. . .But now you're bringing up Issues again, and it looks good too. . . Damn. xp  

Eklypse_Peregrin

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:57 am
LOL Aw I didn't mean to xD. But I'll try to make it simpler...

If you want something accessible, and at times playful - an album filled with heavy riffs that are at the same time danceable then go with Follow the Leader.

If you want dark, brooding, memorable lyrics - highly atmospheric and striking and just engulfs your entire being; then go with Issues. This album is also best suited for people who've experienced some really tough s**t in their lives (long story short).

If you want something musically raw, heavy - filled with breathtaking anger, brimming with energy from a soul seething with contempt and disenchantment, then the self-titled album is your choice.

Hope that made the selection process marginally easier for you xD. I hope to god that I didn't end up complicating your choice even more sweatdrop  
.:+:.Children of the KoRn.:+:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff