Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
Avatar- the Thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:17 pm
Seen this before and felt it's always good to have an avatar thread.

Currently I've had a rocky couple of last few days. My depression is flaring up again, I had faxed my appeal for unemployment, and one of my classmates took a roleplay WAY too far and it really reminded me of an abusive ex boyfriend eek

So my ava is sort of broody right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:54 pm
I really like it though. It's kinda glamgothy.  

Evil Eirlys

Da Flea

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:00 pm
It looks good. It's just a shame it had to be inspired by a few day's of bad stuff. o_o;

My current avatar actually happened because of the businessman's tie. XD I was going through new items and saw it and thought "hellz yeah!" So I bought one and threw together a quick outfit. I love that my tie has stripes and the shirt is checkered. Way to clash, Flea. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm
No real clue as to what inspired this recent avatar...usually I have some sort of symbolism, theme, anything, but this time nothin'.

The only things that usually stay on regardless of my avatar change (unless it's fantasy-based, a holiday, or a contest entry) are my glasses, silver bracelet, and my hair and eye color. I try to generally stay about the same since I have made my avatar look a lot like I do in real life. 3nodding (That also goes with fashion usually.)

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Headhunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:32 pm
Quite simply: Snake Eyes from GI Joe  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm
My outfits tend to all follow a basic theme of certain items that I don't take off. Nitemare headband and devil horns and demonic pendant and romani glasses. 90% of the time I'm wearing the OMG as well. (Why have a hyperexpensive item and then not wear it?). I'll occasionally switch it up for costume purposes, but I usually have either laptop or pitchfork (or chainsaw. or cluebat) in one hand and coffee or a briefcase in the other.

I find there's a lamentable lack of items that stand to the avatar's right (a** side) and this makes for great difficulty in achieving a visually balanced avatar.  

Moniquill

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 pm
This one was me changing up my avatar for a bit. My typical get up is what spawned my username.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 am
I wanted to try something a little more cheerful, not sure what it is, but I discovered a use for Moira's wig.

I'll probably be away between Sat 2pmish Central Standard time until Late Sunday. Which means behave until I return- if you're going to have a beach party I want in! This is a relatively recurring thing, though most Saturdays I will be here till about 8pm.  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:58 pm
It's me -- yeah, in real life right now I'm sorta casually dressed as I just finished changing oil in my car in hopes to quiet the vibrations down and possibly help the mechanic figure out what's wrong with my car. We shall see if this works; I don't really think changing the oil was necessary, but we'll see.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 pm
Bakura Amane
It's me -- yeah, in real life right now I'm sorta casually dressed as I just finished changing oil in my car in hopes to quiet the vibrations down and possibly help the mechanic figure out what's wrong with my car. We shall see if this works; I don't really think changing the oil was necessary, but we'll see.

Car problems? That's not good.  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:52 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
Bakura Amane

Car problems? That's not good.
Yesh, it's been ongoing for about 2 or 3 weeks now. There's some sort of vibration (very loud I might add) under the hood and I cannot make heads or tails of it; the sound is so -- what's the word? whee I can't think -- intermitent? uh, inconsistent? -- crap, the word escapes me now -- it doesn't always make the sound -- that's the only way I know to put it right now. So it's hard to say what causes the sound and what it could be.

I must say changing the oil -- at least as of right now -- seems to have quieted it down a bit. The sound is still present, but not as loud. sweatdrop I dunno what to do! gonk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:45 pm
Wish I knew something about cars. I don't own one and barely drive...

as for my av:

I don't really think there's a theme except that I decided to obsess over the color purple (which isn't my absolute favourite by-the-way, but it is a good color. Besides, a yellow av would make me think of jaundice which is exactly why I don't watch the Simpsons. Anyway....)

The other thing is that I wanted to express my gothiness somehow since I'm a good little church musician in real life and very rarely get to express that side of my personality. I wear a lot of black, but that's about it.  

Harmony Note

Harmony Note

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:46 pm
harmonynote

I don't really think there's a theme except that I decided to obsess over the color purple

Speaking of that... does anyone have any purple ink they're willing to let me trade for? Apparently it takes 500 for a body dye. I'm at 116.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm
Ah. . . this avatar takes me back.

Once upon a time I was considering a 'noob hunter' in the Writers' Forum.

Got in all sorts of trouble. Learned all sorts of trolling tricks. Perfected a couple of old tricks. The gun is new. Everything else is old.

Ah, yes. Nostalgia.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Evil Eirlys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 am
My avi is all about my favorite color. I guess this is kinda what the inner me would look like, maybe. It's the me that hates the fact that I am expected to conform to the norms of society if I insist on continuing to play grown up.  
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff