Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Thoughtform Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adalyna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm
Ok silly question time! Maybe not so silly. I've heard the word thoughtform floating around, and I'd like to know what it is... What exactly is a thoughtform, and what if anything constitutes the difference between a thoughtform and a figment of someone's imagination? Sorry if this has been addressed already.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:31 pm
TeaDidikai in another thread

Thoughtforms are creatures generated by the design of mortals, individually or as a group.

sorry for not seeing this first : that answers half my question but still leaves me confused about the imagination vs thoughtform question. Thanks in advance to whoever feels like answering this! sweatdrop  

Adalyna

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Thoughtforms are Figments. But then you have to ask, what is a Figment. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:45 pm
how are thoughtforms generated?  

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:22 pm
Toasty Marshmallow
Depends on the thoughtform.

Some are spontaneously formed through unconscious human desire. Most of the God-Shaped Thoughtforms are examples of this.

Others are deliberate constructs birthed through ritual.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:45 pm
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow

Some are spontaneously formed through unconscious human desire. Most of the God-Shaped Thoughtforms are examples of this.

what are god-shaped thoughtforms? can you give me an example?  

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:00 pm
Toasty Marshmallow
Thoughtforms designed to resemble the individual's ideal of what a specific god should be like.

Pretend you got a wild hair up your a** and decided you wanted to worship a god of the Gael who is oathbound to the Gael.

They aren't going to answer, but you want Goddess So-n-So to answer so much that instead of actually talking to her, you end up talking to yourself. But you reject it as yourself and call it Goddess So-n-So.

She appears as the deity did in her mythology. Her temperament is similar to that presented in the myths. But it isn't her. It's a figment designed to look like her.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Thoughtforms designed to resemble the individual's ideal of what a specific god should be like.

Pretend you got a wild hair up your a** and decided you wanted to worship a god of the Gael who is oathbound to the Gael.

They aren't going to answer, but you want Goddess So-n-So to answer so much that instead of actually talking to her, you end up talking to yourself. But you reject it as yourself and call it Goddess So-n-So.

She appears as the deity did in her mythology. Her temperament is similar to that presented in the myths. But it isn't her. It's a figment designed to look like her.

ah. so do thoughtforms exist as a separate entity capable of its own thought or action once designed, or are they more like an imaginary friend where the generator controls it, be it consciously or not?  

aoijea23487

Adalyna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow

*nodnod* but sometimes people use thoughtforms intentionally for things right? how does this work?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 pm
Asahi Sara
*nodnod* but sometimes people use thoughtforms intentionally for things right? how does this work?

I knew someone who didn't want to accept the risks of worshiping an existing deity, but still wanted to worship, who worshiped a known and acknowledged thoughtform.

I've also heard of some traditions where they can be guardians, or guides, or helpers. You might argue that, from some angles,the fylgia animal-guide-figures in Asatru are a type of thoughtform, since they are assumed to be part of our souls.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Adalyna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 pm
I see!! thank you!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:35 am
Asahi Sara

Chaos Magic. Particularly Servitors.

....Except while I've done quite a bit of work with some of these servitors, I don't think I've "programmed" destruction rituals for when they should stop. Great. I just had to miss that part. sweatdrop  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:10 am
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow

I still need to figure out if the Aspects are thoughtforms or externals. I have some UPG suggesting the latter but I really would prefer more evidence before I claim anything concrete.

Then again, it almost doesn't matter which they are. They would achieve my aims either way as I'm still using specific types of energy through affinity adjustment. So whether it just comes from the general Ether or from a specific well of certain energy pooled in an Spiritual Reflection of a primary force, the energy is still external and I'm still messing with my internal affinities to draw it in.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:07 pm
How can you tell the difference between a thoughtform and the actual deity?  

RubyLight

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 pm
RubyLight
How can you tell the difference between a thoughtform and the actual deity?
By testing it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces