Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Thinking of You (Full) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 pm
Thinking of You

Comparisons are easily done
Once you've had a taste of perfection
Like an apple hanging from a tree
I picked the ripest one
I still got a seed

You said move on
Where do I go
I guess second best
Is all I will know

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do if
You were the one
Who was spending the night
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into your eyes.

You're like an Indian summer
In the middle of a winter
Like a hard candy
With a surprise center
How do I get better
Once I've had the best
You said there's
Tons of fish in the water
So the water's I will test

He kissed my lips
I taste your mouth
He pulled me in
I was disgusted with myself

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What do I do would do if
You were the one
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into.

You're the best
And yes I do regret
How I could let myself
Let you go
Now the lesson's learned
I touched it I was burned
Oh I think you should know

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do if
You were the one
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into your eyes
Looking into your eyes
Looking into your eyes
Oh won't you walk through
And bust in the door
And take me away
Oh no more mistakes
Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:16 pm
User Image

They were meant to be. Everyone knew it. From the day they were born up till their graduation. They were meant be with one another and nothing could ever come between their love. That is until the war came. He was immediately enlisted and there was nothing she could do. His father forced his son into the war to fight for his country……and her. They married before he left and spent their first and last night together. Just the two of them.

Months passed by. Not a letter. Not an email. Not anything. No sign that he was still out there. That he was still alive. But she never gave up on the one she loved. Knowing that he would come back and see their child they had made together.

One simple knock on the door changed everything. He was never coming back. His body was never found and he was assumed to be dead. Her heart shattered into a million pieces.

User Image

A child on the way and no one to help her out, she was about to give up. But on their last night together, she had a made a promise. To marry his best friend so that she would have someone. Regretfully, she did just that but it wasn't the same. She couldn't love this other man the way she loved him. Her heart couldn't take it but the child needed a father.

Years passed and she still felt broken. Never the same again. Her son was the only one who kept her going. Her son looked just like the man she loved all her life. The best friend tried as best he could to love her but she could never return the favor. But no matter what, she continued with her life trying to take care of her son but her heart ached for the man that she loved.

As the days passed on, she had slowly forgotten little details. His smell, his look, his touch. Everything. Little did she know, the winds of change would blow her way when a stranger came to town. He had heard of her story. Or at least, part of it. To him, she had re-married, and had a child thinking the child was not his. Part of him hated her but the other part still loved her the way he always had. Like he had never stopped. And little did he know the child was really his.

What will happen when these two lovers are reunited? Will she recognize him? Will he try and bring back her memory or fake a name just to get close to her?

User Image

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm
[imgright]Real picture here please[/imgright]
[align=center]My Puppet Master [b][Gaia Name][/b]
[size=20][b]--I am called--[/b][/size] [Name of character]

[size=15][u]--I know I look young but I'm really... --[/u][/size][age: 23-29]

[b]What I do for a living--[/b][job] [/align]

[size=20]My life has always been different when compared to some:[/size] [bio]
[size=18]--But the war has really changed me:--[/size][/align][/size] [what the war did to your character and what happened after it was over]

[align=left][size=20]Other:[/size] [Anything else you think should be known]
[/align]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 am
User Image
My Puppet Master elphy_and_fiyero
--I am called-- Rachel Summers

--I know I look young but I'm really... --24

What I do for a living--Fashion Designer

My life has always been different when compared to some: Every since I was little, I knew who I was going to be with. My best friend. He and I were meant for each other and everyone told us which told me I really found the one I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. Of course we dated other people but couldn't take it. With other people it wasn't the same than it was with me. My heart was always with him. To this day it will always be his.
--But the war has really changed me:-- When the love of my life was called to war, he felt that we should get married. He felt that, if we didn't do it now, we might not ever get the chance. Our last day together was the best day of my life. He did everything he could to make it all special. And it was. I still remember every detail about that day. But he made me keep a promise incase anything was to happen to him. Marry his best friend. I agreed but didn't like it because no one could ever take his place in my heart. When soldiers from our town were coming home, I was excited to see the love of my life again and show him that I was pregnant. At this time, I was really showing that we were going to raise a child. But he never came home. I never gave up hope until I got a letter saying he had gone missing and that they had given up the search, expecting the worse. So I did what I had promised and married his best friend 6 months later and only three months after I had given birth.
Other:This my son who is exactly like his father
User Image

User Image
My Puppet Master Nero_Wolf
--I am called-- Eric Francis

--I know I look young but I'm really... -- 25

What I do for a living--Soldier turned Police officer

My life has always been different when compared to some: Born and raised in a simple town surrounded by his friends and family. Growing up wasn't reallt hard, he didnt have to push to make grades in school, however he wasn't the best student. Raised by an army father, Eric had always felt a sense of patriotism and a desire to serve his country, and his family. He had also met the girl he wanted to fight for and make his family, although they seemed to dance around each other, he knew it would work out eventually.
--But the war has really changed me:-- Spending the majority of his life in the USA he felt out of his element in the desert. However, his training taught him well. The begging was the easiest to cope with until his first night infiltration. They had been double crossed and had lost several men and had had several captured as well, Eric was one of them. Years being held and interrogated didn't do his mind well but he was strong, he know he would return to her as long as he kept up his personal fight. In a trade of captives with teh US and the enemy, Eric found himself home... but not to a home, with those expecting a dead man. Working for a bout a year in a close by city as a cop tided him, but being so close to the one he loves made him sad. He had to seek help for several issues picked up in the dessert but he couldn't be prepared for the hardship he felt when he relocated to him home town to find shes was with someone else... He still wore there ring.  

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 am
Rules: I know everyone hates them.

1. Please be literate.
2. NO ONE LINERS!!!!! If you do one liners then I do one liners and I hate that.
3. If you don't fill out the profile I have set up and send me a simpler profile then I don't want to roleplay with you. This tells me that you aren't a literate roleplayer.
4. For the love of all that is good PLEASE no emo depressing guys who cry a lot. This guy is supposed to be a soldier. Brave, he was captured probably but he is NOT a woos. I hate those.
5. Ignore rule 8 and put "I'm still standing for you" in the pm subject so I know that you have read all of this.
6. No text speaking please. I don't mind a little grammar mistakes. In fact, I make them sometimes too since I tend to type fast. But I don't want to see a misspelled word on every other word, especially if they're real simple words like "the, and, but" that sort of thing.
7. My limits don't go very far. Kissing is really all I do and then a time skip to the next morning. I just like to concentrate on the story more than the action.
8. PM me with "Thinking of You" so I know that you've read this.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:13 pm
~bump~  

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:21 am
"Nathaniel!" Rachel called as she walked all over the house. Her little boy ran down the stairs as if he was playing a game. Although Rachel didn't mind playing games with her son, she needed to head to work. "Nathan, come here!" She called once more. Nathaniel hid behind one of the chairs and tried to stay quiet but his mother was too good for that.

"Morning Rachel!" Stephanie, her best friend, greeted as Rachel walked in. To Rachel, it was like any other day. "I see you have a new little rodent this morning." She said as she looked at Nathanial hanging from his mother's arm. "Morning Nathan."

"Hi Stephanie." Nathanial laughed as he was still hanging sideways. Rachel placed her son down and told him to stay close as usual. This gave Stephanie time to discuss something more serious.

"How's he doing?" Stephanie asked as she followed Rachel to her office. This morning Rachel was feeling even more inspired for her designs then ever before. It was starting out to be a great morning. Stephanie looked back at Nathanial who was showing the other workers his new toy, answering her own question. "How are you doing?" Rachel stopped at her desk and slowly turned to her best friend. She always told Stephanie everything. There was nothing Stephanie didn't know about Rachel. She was even the first one be there when Rachel found out she was pregnant and at the same time when she was told the army assumed the death of Eric.

"He beat him, you know." Rachel told Stephanie. Stephanie closed the door, feeling there was more to her story. "Jason hit Nathan only once. Of course that was all I needed to throw him out of the house. The next day, Jason handed me divorce papers and I signed them right away. Nathanial and I have been doing great." Rachel took in a deep breath as she smiled. "I finally feel free."

Stephanie and Rachel talked awhile before Rachel drew her ideas and started on her designs. Hours later Rachel and Nathanial headed to the store to pick out what Rachel was going to cook for their dinner. And for the first time since Nathaniel was born, Rachel was beginning to feel like her old self. Only one person was missing from her life and there was no way he would ever come back.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:00 pm
New house, new home, Eric had found himself surrounded by boxes again as his alarm clock buzzed in the early morning sunlight leaking through the blinds.
"Why must i get up now..." Eric groaned as he rolled over on the futon cover he was using as a bed until his big shipment came in from the housing department. The real truth, Eric new, was he didn't need to get up. He had been off work for the last week, but he was quickly becoming bored of this lack of activity. His transfer wouldn't start until the following Wednesday. However, he felt obligated to at least go to the station and greet his new co workers and fellow officers.
"Fine, fine, i'm getting up." And so he did. With a smooth and slow standing motion, Eric threw away the covers onto another part of the floor in this bed room of the four room flat he now occupied. In doing so, he however covered up the alarm clock. Bothered by this, Eric proceeded with his morning routine.

Eric's bike was acting up this morning. Annoyed, he simply kicked it and went on his way.
The pavement of the main street though the city where well maintained, not that Eric really noted these things, it was just apparent in how smooth the bike rode. Eric found his way to the police head quarters only to be quickly passed in the opposite direction by several squad cars, flashing there red and blues.

Eric new better then to follow them, he could get into a lot of trouble. But if he did, he would simply explain his intentions and he should surely be understood and simply turned back on his way. This however was not to come to pass as he recognized the location they where racing to.  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm
Rachel picked up Nathaniel and placed him over her shoulders. The boy laughed as she waved to everyone goodbye, acting as if Nathanial was just another luggage. "Mom!" Nathanial said between laughs. Rachel turned around to look behind her but nothing was there.

Hmm, that's strange. I thought I heard a little boy's voice. But that couldn't be. No one is here except me and my heavy load on my shoulders." She said simply and turned back toward the elevator. Nathanial laughed even harder when she began to tickle him. "Oh my, what's this? My heavy load is breathing." Nathanial's laughs echoed through the hallways of the building, even as she walked out of them. Finally, after many more laughs, Rachel put down her son and patted his head. "Alright you, let's go shopping for dinner."

Suddenly, a line of cop cars were heading down her street as they were about to cross it. Rachel told Nathaniel to wait, to let the police vehicles pass by. The lights flashed red and blue. Only Nathaniel thought it was a show. Rachel became worried as to where they were going to stop. Nathaniel jumped up and down waving as they came closer. He loved the police and hoped to be one someday but Rachel didn't think it was actually set in stone for him.

"Come on, sweetie. Let's walk this way." She pointed to walk up the street to the other grocery store where they would start their shopping. Nathanial whined and complained but in the end she one. She held his hand just in case, but he kept his eyes on the police cars. Even after they drove by.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:07 pm
Memories flooded his mind. Eric had come this way before, many times. He couldn't place the location though. The Cops continued on, this was taking him on a trip of nostalgia. Within an instant he knew where he was when he passed some one he thought he once knew. A child was over excited to see the cars pass, but the girl leading him, could she be? He'd have to find out later as they where gone within an instant as fast as he came up on them.

Eric wasn't really surprised where they came to a quick and abrupt stop several blocks later. This was a small convenience store, a man with a gun had some one on the floor, Eric could see that from here, and had some one held to him. He knew better then to stand around for a gun fight, or a hostage situation without having been sent there.

It wasn't to long before the had passed again where he saw the beautiful girl he thought he knew, but no one stood there when he was coming the other way. He didn't see them on his way back at all. Oh well, coincidences don't happen without a reason, Eric thought to himself as he was struck by another painful memory from before he left.

The girl he loved was in tears as he kissed her one last time before heading off to his fate. His father was there as well, but his mother couldn't stand to see him leave. She cried, he knew she would cry in bed that night as well. He hated leaving her, but his country, and his idealism called and pulled him away from her.

In a moment of self pity, he told himself her promise to him. This only brought him to sadness. He continued to ride, this time with no real destination on his mind, but a memory trip of his old home town.  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm
As the cars passed by, Rachel and Nathaniel finally crossed the street to where they needed it be. It wasn't long before They were heading home with bags and bags of groceries. They lived so close to everything that there really was no need for a car. Rachel even decided that walking would be better than getting a taxi. The whole while Nathaniel excitedly chewed his beef jerky that is mother had promised him.

The two walked through the door and Rachel turned on the news in time to see that there was a robbery going on just a few blocks away. Several police cars surrounded the building and she could see a figure holding a gun inside. Rachel opened her window to see if she could get a better look. So far, not much was happening. The cops, of course, were trying to negotiate with the robber who was holding people hostage. The phone startled her as she rang loudly through the apartment.

"Hello?" Rachel said into the receiver.

"Rachel, it's Jason. Look, I just want to-"

"I know what you just want to. I signed the papers, what more do you want because there is nothing else that we need from you." She could feel her anger rising but tried to calm herself as she watched her little boy stare at the TV in amazement. The flashing lights were always his favorite part.

"Can I just talk to you? Please?" Jason begged but Rachel shook her head, even if he couldn't see her.

"I don't want to talk to you Jason. There's nothing else to discuss." Rachel slammed the phone back on the receiver and closed the window before sitting next to Nathaniel where they could both watch what was going to happen before she started dinner.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:57 pm
That's exactly what he found himself doing. Eric drove, and drove for most of the day around his old home, re equating himself with the location and what had changed. Not much, but enough, he wasn't missing all that long, but it was long enough.

After stopping for dinner and to gas up, Eric simple headed home, to his apartment, he told himself he would go to the police station in the morning, but Eric wasn't sure if he actually would, maybe he would simply visit some of the places they used to go to.

Eric wasn't expecting any messages on his phone, no one had his number yet, and that's exactly what he found. Stepping to the kitchen of his apartment Eric pored some water in the electric kettle, simple dinner, mac and hot dogs. Staple diet until he started work again.

Eric was so new to this location that his tv was here, but his satellite wasn't hooked up yet, nor was an internet connection for his laptop, but he wasn't really looking for those this evening. He pulled out an old box that simply had letters from before he left as well as several photos. Eric would spend the rest of the evening trying to remember all he could about her.  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:28 pm
Rachel and Nathanial had watched the police take the robber in their car where they could take him downtown. She had fixed dinner and gotten her son ready for bed. As usual, she had read him a story until he had fallen asleep and even then she couldn't help but watch him. His looked so peaceful and he looked so much like Eric.

An hour passed before she left the room and even then she found herself digging out the box of everything she had left of Eric. Letters, photos, little trinkets he had given her and things they had collected together. In the corner of the box rested a small jar of sea shells. Rachel recalled the day, or the night, that they had collected them.

A slight knocking tapped on the window of Rachel's room. It was the summer after their junior year and Rachel had to work in the morning. Eric had to work as well but that didn't stop him from making this the best night ever. Rachel stirred but didn't get up. "Rachel." Eric whispered through the window. Rachel's eyes burst open and she turned to the window. Eric smiled widely their eyes had met.

"What are you doing here?" She laughed as she let him in but Eric didn't move from his spot. He had a plan and he was sticking to it. "Get in here before you freeze to death. Or I do." Eric shook his head.

"Get dressed and don't forget a jacket." Rachel looked at him curiously. "Do you trust me?" The question caught her off guard. What was there not to trust? She loved him and along with that love there was trust. She had always trusted him.

"Of course I do but I still don't see why you're asking me to get dressed. Where are we going?"

"It's after midnight. We're going to get your birthday present. If anyone is going to give you your present first it's going to be me. Now get dressed." Rachel sat on the windowsill and bit her lip.

"Sorry to break it to you honey but my uncle gave me two concert tickets to see Blink 182. Speaking of which I know you're going to go with me so don't make any plans for next weekend. But I'll still love you and gladly accept my present. What?" She laughed as he shook his head.

"Today is your birthday. Your uncle gave you those tickets yesterday when it was not your birthday. So technically, he didn't give them to you on your birthday. It wasn't official. Now get dressed I'm freezing out here." Rachel couldn't contain her excitement as she jumped up and ran into the bathroom to change.

The whole way there Rachel begged for him to tell her where they were going and why it was taking so long to get her present. But every response was always 'you'll see when we get there' or something along the lines of 'don't make me turn this car around.' It was killing her not knowing what he was up to. "And what are the towels for? Are we breaking into a pool or something. A little midnight swim?" Eric rolled his eyes and smiled.

"You're never going to figure it out. I'm just that sneaky." He winked at her and finally parked the car near the beach. "Now I will tell you. We're going shell hunting. Angel wing shells to be exact. We have to dig for them and they can only be found at night but it's time where it's just us. No one to disturb us."

That night the two of them dug for hours. Both of them nearly fell asleep at work but they didn't care. They had spent the most wonderful time with each other and that was all that really mattered. That day Rachel had gotten the best present in the world. Nothing could ever beat it. She smiled at the one pink shell that was rarely ever found. Eric had dug deeper than deep just to find it.

The small jar in her hand held several angel wing shells. Only one was still pink. Instead of placing the jar back in the box, she placed it on a high shelf where Nathaniel couldn't play or break them. A memorabilia of the man she still loved.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:09 am
An hour or two had passed when He finally realized what the time was and that he ought to get to bed, no matter what he was going to do tomorrow. So he did, after giving a kiss to the old photo of Rachel sitting by herself on her porch, a happy smile on her face.

After having done the evening business, brushing, flossing, changing into sleep ware, Eric did exactly that. He headed to bed, content with his surroundings again. He missed the people he once knew, and hoped to know them again. Who knew, maybe most of them where still around. After having visiting the police department Eric thought he would spend a bit more time simply looking around again.

In sleep came un welcome dreams. Her tears haunted him as he slept. Eric hopes she understands why he did what he did. She cried, that's all there was for the majority of the night. Before the moment of waking however, a spark of hope was flashed before him. Did he see ehr today? was that her on the corner? could have been, but how would he reach her again if it was her?  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:07 am
The next morning, Rachel called her favorite coffee shop and ordered a drink for herself and an apple juice for Nathanial. After her dream last night, she needed some good coffee that wasn't store bought and made in her house. The two of them walked out of the apartment and Rachel sent Nathanial in the store with money to fetch their drinks. She was on the road to feeling better until Stephanie saw the coffee and apple juice. "Uh oh. What happened?" She asked as Nathanial went to go play.

"Nothing. Just because I bought coffee and apple juice for Nathan doesn't mean a-" Stephanie folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. It was obvious there was something going on. Rachel dragged Stephanie to her office and closed the door. "Alright. I had a dream about Eric again. I haven't had a dream about him in years."

"Do you need a break or something?" Stephanie asked. "I'm sure the boss lady won't mind." They smiled but Rachel shook her head.

"No, I'll be fine. I'm feeling better. I think the clothes will distract me." Though the truth was she wasn't fine. Something was telling her that there was more to the dream than she thought. An hour working in her office didn't do her any good. She had been sitting on her desk with a blank pad of paper and it was still empty. She couldn't fill it with anything. All she could think of was Eric and that dream. Finally, she slammed her hands on the desk and grabbed the pad and paper. She had to get out of the office. At least for a bit. On her own. She explained to Stephanie that she was going for a walk and to watch Nathan while she was gone.

The city streets were busy as usual and everyone were busy trying to sell their products to anyone who would buy them. But the yelling and screaming was not helping her concentration. Finally, she settled in the park by the lake. The cool water was relaxing but no inspiration for any clothing. For now, she was just relax and try and not think of Eric. There was no way he was ever coming back, though she hoped he would.

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff