Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
Random Musings pt. I: First Blood Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Headhunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 pm
Talk about anything and everything random here.

This is by no means a way to discourage general topic threads, just a place to put random thoughts or occurances as they come. Or to hold your general discussions if don't feel like making a new thread. So have at it!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 pm
The Maiden Musing:

-I really hate job hunting. One day this week, I have to put some thought into writing a cover letter that doesn't sound contrived or pretentious. Then the actual searching starts. Fun, fun, fun. xp  

Headhunter

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm
Headhunter
The Maiden Musing:

-I really hate job hunting. One day this week, I have to put some thought into writing a cover letter that doesn't sound contrived or pretentious. Then the actual searching starts. Fun, fun, fun. xp

Are you thinking about getting a new job? I know you've been unhappy for sometime.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:49 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
Headhunter
The Maiden Musing:

Are you thinking about getting a new job? I know you've been unhappy for sometime.

I am. Admittedly it has more to do with the fact that I'm going to need something do to stave off boredom over the summer, but at the same time I imagine it'd be nice to actually have some money for once in my life.  

Headhunter

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:02 am
mon- E? What is this Mon- EY you speak of?

On a light hearted note I stumbled on a funny little sitcom on ABC- it's called "Better off Ted". About once a show it has fake commercials for the company the show revolves around, it's a hoot.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:15 am
So, randomly, I'm kinda sad that we didn't get any EarthDay schwag. They could have given us a little tree, or something, maybe even a recycle sign. I mean, if you're gonna make a quiz and other stuff to acknowledge the day, then you might as well go that little extra step. Oh, I really liked the flower that appeared in the aquariums though. It was very pretty.  

Evil Eirlys

RD_the

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:45 am
Headhunter
The Maiden Musing:

I hear you. I have to do some job hunting as well. In fact, I have to hunt for two jobs. One for a summer pay-off-student-loans type job, and the other as a what I'm going to be doing with my life type job.

blech.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:54 pm
In case anyone wants to look at some wonderful art done by yours truly, I posted my deviantArt link in The Gallery today. 3nodding

I'm surprised I'm typing really well considering the fact I have 4 fingers that should be in bandages thanks to my stupid habit of bitting and picking at my finger nails. whee Any suggestions on how to quit?! All I know is that as soon as they heal again I'm going to paint them as soon as I can because it seems whenever I have them painted I don't pick on them (literally).

Okay, so I have ONE finger in a bandage and the other three are just plain sore. whee

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 pm
Bakura Amane
In case anyone wants to look at some wonderful art done by yours truly, I posted my deviantArt link in The Gallery today. 3nodding

I'm surprised I'm typing really well considering the fact I have 4 fingers that should be in bandages thanks to my stupid habit of bitting and picking at my finger nails. whee Any suggestions on how to quit?! All I know is that as soon as they heal again I'm going to paint them as soon as I can because it seems whenever I have them painted I don't pick on them (literally).

Okay, so I have ONE finger in a bandage and the other three are just plain sore. whee

Hmm, well is it a nervous habit? I'm a nervous eater or snack-er, gum and hard candies are how I cope. If you had both hands occupied and a mouth full of sugar-free gum would it help?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 pm
Bakura Amane

chewing gum or sunflower seeds worked for me, or if you hate spicy stuff then you could dip your fingers in hot sauce or vinegar.  

CodeNameCinderella

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm
I'd say I do it more out of boredom than anything else. 3nodding

Owie! gonk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:31 pm
Finally, warm weather has come!

See you in hell, winter!  

Headhunter

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 pm
We now have more like summer weather here. whee I can't win and my alergies are in full swing now. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:57 pm
Just for the record? I hate my life some days.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Evil Eirlys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:01 am
Punk Fox TH
Just for the record? I hate my life some days.

I think we can all say that. Especially with the current economy...  
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff