Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] Stereotypes and Prejudice-what can we do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bruce of House Banner

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 am
Recently, When I was in my college writing 122 class, I had an experience with a straight classmate that got me thinking about the way gay, bi, transgender, and lesbian people are being looked at these days.
I'm a bi girl, but I'm pretty quiet about it, so most people around me don't know. Anyway, my class was analyzing paragraphs about four different people, in little groups. Each group had to choose which of the people they would hire for the job of History teacher at a Highschool. One of the choices was a Lesbian named Mary. Happily, the majority of the class chose her, but it happened while everyone was debating about who would be the best and safest teacher, that a woman in another group across from mine started arguing about how Mary, a lesbian who was willing to keep her sexuality "out of the classroom", would definitely be a ***** and molest the girls in the highschool class and so should not be hired, because apparently this woman had only heard bad things about gay people. This really offended me and it got me to thinking about stereotypes and prejudice. So, has anything like that happened around you before and what do you think we can do about it as a whole?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm
well, I guess the only thing intelligent people can do is stand up to people with those opinions and hope that you enlighten them a little. not in a rude abrasive way they do. try explaining things and maybe said person getting to know a lesbian would do em good.
I was at a Halloween party and my friends sister and her friends were making a bunch of that's so gay comments to stuff like that and thinking it's fine and it doesn't hurt anyone even if they are implying that gay is stupid. some of em are bi and gay themselves so they think its okay to say it which makes her straight 'friends' and ignorant people think it's okay to say it. basically my friend and I told her sister to please stop saying it. and instead say stupid, lame, pathetic, etc. her sister stopped saying it but the a girl was being stupid and saying 'WELL THAT'S GAY' a few extra times and later ditched her sis because they were barely 'friends'. crazy party/sleep over right? I had a good time with the two sisters and her family tho. a few of her friends who were true good anime fan friends stayed and didn't say 'that's so gay' once educated. btw I'm Pan-sexual and quiet about it unless someone asks. my friends and my mom know. good enough so your not alone at all with this issue.
.............................................................................................
ps- I have more stories that are definitely more on subject but this is what I recall at the moment.  

light shinomi

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ellen Watermellen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:45 am
Okami no Tsubasa
a lesbian who was willing to keep her sexuality "out of the classroom", would definitely be a ***** and molest the girls

sounds like fun wink  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff