Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Door to Door Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I were an evil overlord....
  If my mad scientist tells me that my superweapon is almost finished, but requires more testing, I will wait for him to complete the testing. No one ever conquered the world by using a beta-version
  My stronghold will have ventilation ducts that are too small to crawl through.
  The interior decor of my fortress will not feature pointy objects I could be impaled upon if I'm knocked off balance and stumble backwards during a fight.
  I will not hold lavish feasts in the middle of a famine. The good PR garnered from the guests does not make up for the bad PR garnered from the masses.
  I will exploit my subjects, but not to the point of destitution, decrepitude, or desperation. I am evil, not stupid.
  I will never design and build a sentient computer that is smarter than I am.
  I would make cookies! =D
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Ever had to deal with those people going door to door selling things? Cookies, refrigerators, insurance plans, religion, tuperware, ect....

A couple days ago these people drove to our street and parked their car. They were carrying something in a bundle, I couldn't tell what it was. They went door to door, knocking on it and leaving when no one answered. I watched them move around a bit. There was a man, a woman, and an older woman. The man was carrying something sqaure and black, but I couldn't tell what it was. They came to my door, and I didn't open it. They left. Nobody on the street opened the door, and they got in their car and left.

Having not much to do that day other than absorb all the knowledge possible on WWII until it reached an unhealthy level, I thought about this for a bit. The more I thought, the more I thought that maybe they weren't trying to sell something. Maybe they needed help, maybe they were carrying a baby in that bundle, maybe they were forgein and in need of directions, maybe I could have helped them.

Ever had second thoughts about opening up the door? Ever opened up the door and the person wasn't there for what you expected them to be there for?

-----
Poll questions and answer options inspired by this list. Check it out, it's great.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:46 am
People keep coming to my door. It is getting annoying.

What makes people think the keys were left in the door by accident?  

zz1000zz
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:12 am
The only sales people I get around here are people trying to sell religion. No one else seems to think an apartment building it worth the effort. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:00 pm
People don't come to my house, I don't live in a neighborhood, I live in the middle of the woods.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:33 pm
i used to do that when i was in girl guides you cant deny it thouse are good cookies  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm
Jehova's Witnesses kept coming to my door a while back, but one day they came on the wrong day. I was pissed off and blasting Grendel. They knock on the door, so I do the best thing I can come up with.

I run to the kitchen, grab a bottle of red food coloring and spill it all over the floor and my shirt, then opened the door. Remember, this is all improvised in a matter of five seconds, so I just came up with the stupidest dialogue I can think off. Before they can utter a word I say "Oh! You guys must be the ones with the bloodstain remover! Hurry up, the cops are on their way." Looking confused and scared at the same time they simply turn away and walk.

Haven't seen them since.  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:00 pm
Digital Malevolence
People don't come to my house, I don't live in a neighborhood, I live in the middle of the woods.

Wow, that must be nice 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:15 pm
Infection XIII
Jehova's Witnesses kept coming to my door a while back, but one day they came on the wrong day. I was pissed off and blasting Grendel. They knock on the door, so I do the best thing I can come up with.

I run to the kitchen, grab a bottle of red food coloring and spill it all over the floor and my shirt, then opened the door. Remember, this is all improvised in a matter of five seconds, so I just came up with the stupidest dialogue I can think off. Before they can utter a word I say "Oh! You guys must be the ones with the bloodstain remover! Hurry up, the cops are on their way." Looking confused and scared at the same time they simply turn away and walk.

Haven't seen them since.

I never understood harassing people like this. They have done nothing to provoke it. I especially do not understand people harassing them like this, then complaining when they get harassed for their "culture."

But hey, do enjoy your laughs.  

zz1000zz
Crew

nippIe goblin

Noob

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:44 pm
I. HATE. JAHOVA. WITNESS. GAH! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:34 pm
Shadowed Intent
Digital Malevolence

Wow, that must be nice 3nodding
It is, If I forget my pants, no worries, no ones around to see. cool  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm
zz1000zz
Infection XIII

Haven't seen them since.

I never understood harassing people like this. They have done nothing to provoke it. I especially do not understand people harassing them like this, then complaining when they get harassed for their "culture."

But hey, do enjoy your laughs.

How exactly is that harassing? I'm not the persistent one who, week after week, has to tell them(it's always the same people) over and over that I'm not interested in their religion, and that I don't want to be saved. I'd say that's provocation enough.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm
This wasn't door to door, but once when I was at my friend's dad's place a telemarketer called during supper and tried to convince her dad to switch to a different phone company. He told the telemarketer that he didn't have a phone, and the telemarketer quickly apologized for interrupting the evening and hung up.

This made us laugh for hours.

I usually don't open the door (unless it's girl guides or something) and whenever I do open the door and the people get annoying I find a way to get them to leave quickly

nikia kitty

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:13 am
nikia kitty
This wasn't door to door, but once when I was at my friend's dad's place a telemarketer called during supper and tried to convince her dad to switch to a different phone company. He told the telemarketer that he didn't have a phone, and the telemarketer quickly apologized for interrupting the evening and hung up.

This made us laugh for hours.

I usually don't open the door (unless it's girl guides or something) and whenever I do open the door and the people get annoying I find a way to get them to leave quickly

That is one weird story biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:15 pm
it does get annoying so i just leave them out there  

genji_90

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items