who in the guild does lyrics AND music? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:37 pm
just wondering how many musicians are here. i really dont like talking to kids that string some cliche` lines together and think they're awesome. its ok, if you're turning it into actaul music, otherwise every other 14 year old is doing the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:19 pm
I do but only on rare occasion. Usually I make instrumentals since I don't have a vocalist I can use to sing to the song.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:47 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I do but only on rare occasion. Usually I make instrumentals since I don't have a vocalist I can use to sing to the song.

sing ti urself its easy  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 pm
i play music and am currently trying to piece lyrics together.
but i feel kind of bad now because i AM a 14 year old trying to put lyrics together.

sabaitide

Lord Beckon

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:08 pm
Yup I do that. Both lyrics and music, jack-of-all-trades-but-master-of-none...  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:16 pm
I do both and I love it. Even have a gig tomorrow.  

Airborne_scout

Angel_Of_Witness_Patrol88

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:28 pm
I DO BOTH AND IT IS AWESOME! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:11 am
I do both. I write the lyrics first then look at random guitar riffs I've put together and see what fits. Either that or I just start playing on piano to see what sounds good with the song.  

Tragedies_at_Hand

Ai_Miracle_12347

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm
I love doing both! I'll play around with my guitar and them start randomly singing... somehow a good song comes out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:34 pm
I do both, but I do piano-only a lot as well. I'm considering getting together with one or two of my friends. One is a beginner piano player (she's decently good for never having had piano lessons, I plan to help her this summer since I can just walk to her house) and the other could sing (I don't see her as much, though, and I'm not sure how she'd get along with the first friend I mentioned...) I usually write piano/flute and piano/voice, or just plain piano. mrgreen I'm 14 and I attempt to piece lyrics together. I personally don't like it much, but then again, I don't like much of anything I do even when other people say it's anywhere between good and amazing. Except I like some of my poetry. Just recently I've found a few styles of poetry I excell in, helped by my reader's vocabulary. I read a lot. I figure that if I write rhythmic poetry there's a chance it'll be good enough lyrics if I match a tune. If not, I just don't use it or improve upon it. So far that's held true, but I leave lyrics to one of my other friends, usually.  

kourui-yume

lil miss darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 pm
I do both, and one of the songs I've written and sang has been featured in a magazine 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:29 am
I've been writing a black/doom (and such) metal type of song, with lyrics for the past few weeks..

I'm actually just doing it when I get hit by inspiration, and have played it (as far as I've written it) to a friend of mine who thought it was awesome :p  

Ferrum Sanctus

Hippeh Panda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 pm
I write lyrics mostly, though I do dabble in the music part of things too.

Also what about simply being a good lyricist and not being able to write music is it exactly that makes you either fourteen or unskilled?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:20 pm
As far as I'm concerned, writing good music is something you just can't learn that simply..

I kind of put my aggression down on the music I play, and that really helps me cool off when I'm mad, and I write my music accordingly.

I say that being a good lyricist and not being able to write music has nothing to do with either age nor skill, but it's something that just is as it is.

(Also, try to write your lyrics and music when you're inspired, not as if it was something you must do.)  

Ferrum Sanctus

I_ISH_BRITISH_WIN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:31 pm
i have been writing songs since i was like 5! i play guitar (badly) along with it... but im beter at piano!  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff