Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I love helping animals!
  Absolutely!
View Results

Atomic Pixie7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:14 pm
Edit: Just wanted to let everyone know that Stripy's medical bills have been met and he has found a forever home! A very happy ending to a very sad beginning. Thank you to those who helped and cared! smile

At the end of March of this year a feral cat named Stripy was shot by an unknown person with a .22 caliber rifle. It hit him under his chin and went out the side of his mouth. It took his caretakers three days to catch him and get him to the vets. He had to have part of his tongue removed and a couple of his teeth were shattered, but he survived. He is now home with his caretakers continuing his recovery. As I said, he is a feral cat and now has to become an inside cat due to his permanant disability. His caretakers can't keep him due to the feral colony they take care of and the other pets they have, but they will keep him until he gets a forever home. In the meantime, the medical bills reached $1,000.00, but due to many generous people the bill as of late is now about $575.00. Here is a link that you can take to go to Stripy's website and donate through Paypal or mail a donation to help in paying for his medical bills. You can also read Stripy's story and see the update on him, as well as learn a bit about feral cats. Thank you in advance for all of you who are able to help in this matter. I know his caretakers thank you too.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res73ch8/stripy/index.html

If clicking the above link doesn't work, please copy and paste it in your browser and it should take you there. If not you can PM me and I will give you an address ( the actual vets office) where you could send a donation if you like.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:07 pm
Poor cat! D:
I'm surprised I didn't hear about this sooner since I live close to New Port Richey.
Anyway, I'd really like to donate to help Stripy, but I'm afraid I don't have any money. sad  

Rei Uchikino

Atomic Pixie7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 pm
That's o.k., but maybe you could send the info out in an email to friends and family and maybe they could help. Thanks for caring. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:35 pm
I think I'll do that! biggrin
I'll send it to all the people I know and ask if they can help. And if they can't I'll ask them to pass on the e-mail to everyone they know. That should make a big difference.  

Rei Uchikino

Atomic Pixie7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:24 am
That will make a difference, thank you so much, you are very sweet. I know Stripy and his caretakers would thank you too. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:04 pm
I've collected ten dollars! biggrin
I'm going to see what I can do about donating.  

Rei Uchikino

Atomic Pixie7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:21 pm
Rei Uchikino

You are awesome! Thank you so much! biggrin Remember, if you can't donate online, you can mail the donation to the vet's office directly. Just click on Stripy's link and it will take you to his page and then click on Donations at the top and scroll down to find the vet's address. Just remember not to send cash in the mail. Thank you again for your efforts!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:51 pm
Atomic Pixie7
Rei Uchikino

You are awesome! Thank you so much! biggrin Remember, if you can't donate online, you can mail the donation to the vet's office directly. Just click on Stripy's link and it will take you to his page and then click on Donations at the top and scroll down to find the vet's address. Just remember not to send cash in the mail. Thank you again for your efforts!

Not a problem at all. smile
Being an animal lover I couldn't help but at least try to make a difference for Stripy's cause.  

Rei Uchikino

Atomic Pixie7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 pm
Bump! Please help Stripy!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:42 pm
Bump!  

Atomic Pixie7

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:10 am
I know this is oldish and stuff, but I just have to say this. Please don't beat me up?

I hate it when people do things like this.

They try to raise money for one animal who had it really tough. There's a lot more then just one! At the shelter I volunteer at, there's a cat who was thrown in a fire pit, and two with walking disabilities. But there's been much worse cases. The shelter is always asking for help from volunteers, which we try to give, but we can do so much.

I probably sound so immature.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 pm
Azusanga
I know this is oldish and stuff, but I just have to say this. Please don't beat me up?

I hate it when people do things like this.

They try to raise money for one animal who had it really tough. There's a lot more then just one! At the shelter I volunteer at, there's a cat who was thrown in a fire pit, and two with walking disabilities. But there's been much worse cases. The shelter is always asking for help from volunteers, which we try to give, but we can do so much.

I probably sound so immature.

NO you dont  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash