Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Wow Just Wow!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curtis25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:05 am
I understand that by posting this I am leaving myself open to massive amounts of ridicule but I don't care. I'm used to it. I've been made fun of all my life for alot of things. Being fat , being a nerd , not having the 2 things that I want most in life (those are a wife and at least one child). But I have to share this with you guys. I am a huge Star Trek fan. One of the only good things that ever came out of my failed relationship with my father. I can still remember watching reruns of TOS when I was little. I remember going to the movies to see ST3 when it came out. I remember watching the premier episode of ST:TNG. I have been excited about the new movie since I heard about it. I was that much more excited when I found out it had been moved to come out on my birthday. Here lately things in my life haven't been going very well. About once a week I go to the movie website and watch the trailer. Today while waiting for my mom to get out of surgery I watched it again and I started crying. I have no idea why except for the fact that I am really happy and really looking foward to it. So go ahead laugh all you want. I don't care. Star Trek and the upcoming release of the new movie is one of the very few bright spots in my life at the moment and for some crazy reason I felt like sharing that with you my fellow Star Trek fans. Have a good day.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Hi Curtis,

Well, I'm not going to laugh at you. I too, have been made fun of for a lot of things, being fat, ugly,etc.. I'm happy to see you have one thing that still keeps you sane. The one thing that kept me sane in my childhood was watching episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but if I was going to talk about them I would have joined a Guild/Topic/w.e. as of right now my life isn't going too well either. There are some moments of my life that make me feel lonely, and insecure about myself. So I hope you enjoy the new movie coming up in May.

-Super

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 am
For me, Star Trek is a bit of an escape. The federation is a bit like a utopia. I have been bullied most of my life for weight, looks, intellect, etc. I won't go into what's going on in my life at the moment.
I've entered half a dozen competitions to win tickets to the UK premiere of the new film, I really hope I win...
Enjoy your birthday, if I don't go to the premiere then I'll be seeing it for my birthday too.

:'D
ilovecomments

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:32 am
"Dude. Dont worry about it. I look it up mostly all day. Its great"

Commander Garrus Vakarian

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 pm
It took me 20 years before the scene of Spock's death in Star Trek II made me cry.

Vulnerability is a strength, not a weakness. It's good when certain things trigger the back of your mind that remind you of the better happenings in life.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:11 pm
Happy Birthday Curtis25!!! I hope you have a good one!!  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:29 pm
It was amazing!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:05 am
i feel you man and i agree completely. when i saw the previews i wanted to cry out of joy. i was like "yes something that can hopefully get this crappy generation i am apart of into star trek and maybe they will learn some important values that ST teaches us all"  

ranch_and_potatos

larxene 12

4,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:25 pm
Hey, I can totally connect. I've been rejected at my school for being an anime freak, and now that I've been introducted to Star Trek, I have even more to be happy about despite other's disapproval. I can only say that the movie was amazing, and that it will open up a whole new generation of trekkies, so we can all be in one boat and be happy.

Live long and Prosper  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:31 pm
"Everyone here is willing to accept you, so you don't need to be sorry or feel like you're going to be laughed at. Hell just yesterday I went to see the new Star Trek movie for the fourth time redface "  

Miss Mangie

Shirtless Fatcat

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 pm
Sometimes remembering how much seventh grade sucked for me... The out of shape Trekkie loser..... God, that sucked... It hurts thinking about it... I've gotten better... Physically, I mean, I'm an even bigger loser than before. But in case you were wondering, anyone can get into better physical shape if that's actually a problem. I believe it because I've done it.

My history with Star Trek is very personal as well..... I mentioned several times my earliest memories of Star Trek being me watching with my Dad... Well, when I was younger, my mother would steal things... Our bikes, my Dad's money, and go out binging on drugs for long periods of time....

We had no idea what was going on... Our lives were pretty ******** up.... But my Dad had two things that really impacted me... The first was, he would tell us stories and we would have to tell him stories. The other, well, he would watch Star Trek with us while we waited for our mother... He made us watch it and discuss it.

When Star Trek XI came out, my friends wanted to go with me, being the trek nerd. I refused. I had to see it with my Dad.

I'm my father's son.... My mother's cleaned up her act, but she's got all this resentment towards him these days. Thank God I'm at that age where it doesn't effect me....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:10 pm
Matt Pniewski
Sometimes remembering how much seventh grade sucked for me... The out of shape Trekkie loser..... God, that sucked... It hurts thinking about it... I've gotten better... Physically, I mean, I'm an even bigger loser than before. But in case you were wondering, anyone can get into better physical shape if that's actually a problem. I believe it because I've done it.

My history with Star Trek is very personal as well..... I mentioned several times my earliest memories of Star Trek being me watching with my Dad... Well, when I was younger, my mother would steal things... Our bikes, my Dad's money, and go out binging on drugs for long periods of time....

We had no idea what was going on... Our lives were pretty ******** up.... But my Dad had two things that really impacted me... The first was, he would tell us stories and we would have to tell him stories. The other, well, he would watch Star Trek with us while we waited for our mother... He made us watch it and discuss it.

When Star Trek XI came out, my friends wanted to go with me, being the trek nerd. I refused. I had to see it with my Dad.

I'm my father's son.... My mother's cleaned up her act, but she's got all this resentment towards him these days. Thank God I'm at that age where it doesn't effect me....

thank god indeed  

Miss Mangie

Shirtless Fatcat

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 am
it's nothing to be ashamed of to cry, especially if it's tears of joy.
i dunno how much it matters, but if you want a wife and a kid there are plenty of single mothers out there on the internet. just trying to help.
personally i don't want kids so i might not be taking into consideration how much it matters that the kid has your DNA.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 am
I know I've cried about a few things in Star Trek, so it's nothing to sweat over. Even if my friends don't approve, I will always love it. As a child I didn't have a lot (or any for that matter) friends for the longest time, so the thing that kept me going were the old reruns of TOS on TV after school sometimes. And even now I still feel like an outsider among my group, and Star Trek is still there to keep me going. I saw the new movie five times. XD  

Rainbow-potato
Crew

Hygienic Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers