Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Does your job interfere with your weightloss?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is your job a tease?
  yes, it sucks
  no, thank God
  We make and prepare food, but it doesn't bother me
View Results

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 am
I work in a bakery in the morning time, so i get to smell all that bread when it comes out and pack every single piece there is. Do you realize how good bread smells when it comes out of the oven, especially cinnamen rolls. Oh my god, it is so hard to not eat any of that stuff. Is there anybody else that has this problem?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:01 pm
There are times when I bless the fact that most things have eggs dairy and meat in them so that I will not eat them if not to save the size of my butt, then at least to keep in line with my ethics.

An overgrowth of yeast in your system can make you fatigued and it can make you crave carbs and sugar, but cinnamon apparently kills yeast in your system so you might put cinnamon in your coffee and see if that effects it.  

Lady Schist

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 am
did you know that women have more sensitive noses than men? rofl
luckily I don't work at a bakery or anything.. I bet I'd be tempted too.
or if I lived next to a pizza place.. o_o

even in the grocery stores I have to try and not to breathe when I walk
past the candy section... xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 am
I think my job might actually help me with weight loss... Or it has until now. I work 5-10 hrs a day. After 5 and a half hrs I get a half hour break. Usually though, I start right after lunch. Because it takes me time to actually get there, I usually have a small snack before I go because I'm not hungry yet. Then I'm working and don't really have time to notice i'm hungry. Now until recently, all we had around our store was Subway and they offer us a discount. SO I'd go there for lunch or supper pretty regularly. I usually get home right after supper, so everyone has already eaten. I'm not about to cook myself the same size meal, so I'll make myself a lil something and munch it while I'm on the computer. I've been eating a lot less lately simple because I don't have time to make myself larger meals.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 am
I think my job helps me because i can't snack at work like I can at home  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:49 am
My school definitely interferes with my eating habits. I only have classes Tuesdays and Thursdays (deliberately), 4 of them in a row from 10 until 4. I don't really have time to eat well at school, so I'm ravenous by the time I get home.

Then on days I don't have school, I eat throughout the day and end up eating more than I should. :[

It's endless. x_____________x

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:51 pm
Stars in my Pocket
My school definitely interferes with my eating habits. I only have classes Tuesdays and Thursdays (deliberately), 4 of them in a row from 10 until 4. I don't really have time to eat well at school, so I'm ravenous by the time I get home.

Then on days I don't have school, I eat throughout the day and end up eating more than I should. :[

It's endless. x_____________x

School is THE WORST. Okay, college and University more specifically. Vending machines in EVERY hall, and pizza and fries and buggers for cheap with maybe 1 or two health choices that will seriously harm a students wallet.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm
tell me about it! Why is a cup of hot water and a tea bag more expensive then COFFEE? Or Soda??  

Soi Tsuba

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:30 am
That, and I try to be really frugal with my money and savesavesave because I always end up going and spending money on calories which is just counter productive. -_-
And the only food on campus they give away is pizza. x___x
NOT good.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:30 pm
My office always has food. It's annoying. To-day someone brought me a pizza and I was already full and all "Noooo" and stuff. I felt so bad after eating some of it. >=[ Stupid office and our massive food supply.  

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:10 am
When you work, you may google the calories and nutrition for the least harmful food at your work. Then maybe you can eat the healthiest thing during lunch break, and drinks LOTS of water during work so your stomach will be full and you will not be as tempted.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm
I'm a Customer Rep, so all I do all day is sit and take calls. I can't really say it hinders my weightloss, but it doesn't really help. ^^  

Goddess of Lightning

Kasumi Kama

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:33 pm
Mine hinders mine, but at the same time, helps me be active.

I work at Culvers, and it's like, an upscale fast food place... Kinda like Steak n Shake. Famous for custard! Lol. I take home free custard every night, and on break I eat butter burgers... ;-; So uh, yea. it doesn't help at ALL in that manner.

but at the same time, I have to always be active, going out and checking lobby, running orders... I usually walk about 6 miles on average when I work there, so I dunno.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:53 pm
I'm entirely unemployed right now. Most of the places that I can get a job at I can't eat the food there anyway. So it's not much of a problem for me.  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games