Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Help on a ritual? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 pm
I'm planning a ritual to attune a ring to Drake, one of my thoughtforms, to use during spiritwork, future rites, and as a personal ward.

I have this ritual worksheet from www.aPath.org, and it's quite exhaustive, and I'd like some help, mayhaps more suited over MSN or YIM messenger.

Any comments, questions, other statements are welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:00 pm
Questions first.
What things (scents, sights, textures, tastes and sounds) make you feel:
Clean?
"Grounded", focused or present?
Cause you to think of Drake?

What things does Drake like?

Do you use altered states of awareness?

What things relax you?

Where do you plan to do it?

Since Drake is your usual "protection", is there another means for you to use for this task?

What things remind you of permanency?

What is the ring made of?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Questions first.
What things (scents, sights, textures, tastes and sounds) make you feel:
Clean?
Water, soap, but also cold, and mint. Or is that hygenic clean? gonk
Quote:

"Grounded", focused or present?
coffee taste/smell, mayhaps a little pain.
Quote:

Cause you to think of Drake?
The color black, excessive blood, obsidian, danger.
Quote:

What things does Drake like?
Shadow, occult, scaring away those who wish to interfere, being frightening, but also being around those who aren't afraid of him.
Quote:

Do you use altered states of awareness?
Sometimes, depending upon how you define it.
Quote:

What things relax you?
Drumming, darkness, lying down closing my eyes, letting the world float beneath me.
Quote:

Where do you plan to do it?
I don't know. Mayhaps outdoors or in an appropriate room with someone watching.
Quote:

Since Drake is your usual "protection", is there another means for you to use for this task?
Ask the Mother and Father to watch over the ritual.
Quote:

What things remind you of permanency?
Rings, tattoos, home, certain songs.
Quote:

What is the ring made of?
I asked, and she said it's stainless steel titanium. It's sort of dark metal, shiny, and pretty heavy. Honestly, it feels like a perfect ring for Drake.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 pm
Gho the Girl
This is perfect.
Quote:
What ways are you comfortable with to inflict pain?
Quote:
Do you have any obsidian?
How do you feel about blood and drawing it from yourself?
How do you feel about makeup?
Quote:
Shadow, occult, scaring away those who wish to interfere, being frightening, but also being around those who aren't afraid of him.
Any scents? Foods?

Hmmm... Shadow? So... darkness?
Quote:
Your show. How do you define it?

Quote:
Drumming, darkness, lying down closing my eyes, letting the world float beneath me.
~nods~ Good.

Quote:
Do you have someone you trust to work with you?

Quote:
Such ethical within your tradition?
Quote:
Songs?

Quote:
I asked, and she said it's stainless steel titanium. It's sort of dark metal, shiny, and pretty heavy. Honestly, it feels like a perfect ring for Drake.
Hmmm... how interesting. Okay.  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
This is perfect.
Quote:
What ways are you comfortable with to inflict pain?
A pin p***k, maybe using clothespins on parts of my body.
Quote:

Quote:
Do you have any obsidian?
I could definitely get some. Really though, I'd want it to be rough obsidian, like an unpolished rock. I have no idea where to get that.
Quote:

How do you feel about blood and drawing it from yourself?
I think I can do it, as long as I had someone there if something went wrong. I've been cut really badly before, accidentally.
Quote:

How do you feel about makeup?
Love makeup.
Quote:

Quote:
Any scents? Foods?
Blood or burnt ashes for scents. Something like a heart of an animal, although I don't know if one could get one's hands on that, mayhaps some sort of insect.
Quote:

Hmmm... Shadow? So... darkness?
Yes, sorry. More Darkness than shadow.
Quote:

Quote:
Your show. How do you define it?
I would say a deep state of meditation, maybe having a little alcohol just to ease the tranisition, shush that little voice that says "OMG THIS IS SO SILLY" that pops up now and then >.<
Quote:

Quote:
~nods~ Good.

Quote:
Do you have someone you trust to work with you?
Yes, but I haven't asked them. I guess I should do that huh sweatdrop
Quote:

Quote:
Such ethical within your tradition?
Mother and Father are ok with stepping in when necessary, as in I don't really have an alternative, although a proper offering would be necessary. There is a tree that I've come to see as a manifestation of the union of Mother and Father, and I walked barefoot in the snow around it several times. Although it's spring time now, so I'd have to figure out what Mother would appreciate as an offering.
Quote:

Quote:
Songs?
Yes, some songs make me think of home, or committment. I think of love when I think of permanence. Solid rock also makes me think of permanence.
Quote:

Quote:
Hmmm... how interesting. Okay.
Something up?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 pm
Gho the Girl
Hmmm... shame I can't send you some of my home made pegs.

Quote:
I could definitely get some. Really though, I'd want it to be rough obsidian, like an unpolished rock. I have no idea where to get that.
eBay?

Quote:
I think I can do it, as long as I had someone there if something went wrong. I've been cut really badly before, accidentally.
Could you do a pin p***k to get a little? Or would that not count?
Quote:
Love makeup.
Cool.

Quote:
Blood or burnt ashes for scents. Something like a heart of an animal, although I don't know if one could get one's hands on that, mayhaps some sort of insect.
Often times whole chickens will have the heart in the cavity.
Quote:
Cool.

Quote:
I would say a deep state of meditation, maybe having a little alcohol just to ease the tranisition, shush that little voice that says "OMG THIS IS SO SILLY" that pops up now and then >.<
More than reasonable.

Quote:
Figure out the ritual details first- we'll build two. One with their help and one without.

Quote:
Mother and Father are ok with stepping in when necessary, as in I don't really have an alternative, although a proper offering would be necessary. There is a tree that I've come to see as a manifestation of the union of Mother and Father, and I walked barefoot in the snow around it several times. Although it's spring time now, so I'd have to figure out what Mother would appreciate as an offering.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Yes, some songs make me think of home, or committment. I think of love when I think of permanence. Solid rock also makes me think of permanence.
Good.

Quote:
Something up?
Just... titanium is characteristically light. I think I know the kind of ring you are talking about though.  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Hmmm... shame I can't send you some of my home made pegs.

Quote:
eBay?

Quote:
Could you do a pin p***k to get a little? Or would that not count?
I think a few pin pricks would count.
Quote:

Quote:
Love makeup.
Cool.

Quote:
Often times whole chickens will have the heart in the cavity.
Oooooo true. I'll just have to check that out then.
Quote:

Quote:
Cool.

Quote:
More than reasonable.

Quote:
Figure out the ritual details first- we'll build two. One with their help and one without.
Coolio. Thanks muchly!
Quote:

Quote:
Fair enough.

Quote:
Good.

Quote:
Something up?
Just... titanium is characteristically light. I think I know the kind of ring you are talking about though.
It is usually, so I don't know why it's so dark. Some effect of smelting or something?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:21 pm
Gho the Girl
I think a few pin pricks would count.
Now- the trick is to figure out how you want to do this.

What ends do you want to have the ring used for?

Quote:
Oooooo true. I'll just have to check that out then.
Are you able to have small fires where you are?

Quote:
It is usually, so I don't know why it's so dark. Some effect of smelting or something?
Maybe a patina or perhaps it simply isn't buffed to a mirror finish?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:24 pm
I want the ring to be a ward and an implement. When I put on the ring it'd protect me from bad influences, say I was in a place I didn't feel spiritually secure. Also, when doing rituals, I'd wear it as I summon Drake to keep out bad influences.

I think so, as long as it's contained. I could probably use the grill on our back porch, although I don't know if that's appropriate?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm
Gho the Girl
I want the ring to be a ward and an implement. When I put on the ring it'd protect me from bad influences, say I was in a place I didn't feel spiritually secure. Also, when doing rituals, I'd wear it as I summon Drake to keep out bad influences.

I think so, as long as it's contained. I could probably use the grill on our back porch, although I don't know if that's appropriate?
A cheap wok makes for a fair brazier.

How are you at etching metal?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Very true. That would work.
Quote:

Don't know that I've ever done it, I also don't have any tools for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Quote:

Got a picture of the ring?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Quote:

Got a picture of the ring?
Will use webcam hold on.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:53 pm
Pix:
As you can see, there's a detail of removed metal in the shape of a tribal looking flame (the designs a little hard to see on the cam, but that's how I can best describe it.) I saw it at a jewerly store and was just totally drawn to it, and I knew I had to get it for Drake. I'd been thinking of what kind of jewelry he'd like, and when I saw it was like "OMG PERFECT"
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:58 pm
Hmmmm... looks like that patina would be easy to etch into.

Do you have a ritual blade?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces