Welcome to Gaia! ::

Underground Webcomic Organization (U.W.O.)

Back to Guilds

Tired of the same old Manga stories and want to write your own ORIGINAL MANGA/COMICS, then this is the place for you! 

Tags: Arts, manga, comic, drawing, writing 

Reply The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)
My most recent drawing- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:03 pm
Alright, i seriously need to work on my drawing skills but here it goes. (FYI: his waist starts below the belt thing. lol). this is embarressing redface

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 am
it looks good
better than i could draw  

izuna_13_13

Shirtless Codger

20,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:50 pm
izuna_13_13
it looks good
better than i could draw
thnx but it's total fail. i suck  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:22 pm
Your good, but im curious cause the anatomy is off. No ones legs are that big, but is that what you intended?

other than that its really good  

RiceAndPotatoes

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:00 pm
RiceAndPotatoes
Your good, but im curious cause the anatomy is off. No ones legs are that big, but is that what you intended?

other than that its really good
actually, his jumper gives the illusion that his legs start higher than they do, as shown below. my bad.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 pm
just to help you though, the chest is equal in leangth to 2-3 heads, and the leggs are usually a bit longer than the chest. Thats more at what I was trying to say. But the detail is still really good.  

RiceAndPotatoes

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:31 pm
granted. but also depends on the style. i've seen anime wer the legs had to be like 3x longer than the torso which made it look very weird. but again, it's personal style. and you're right about the heads thing. i made a boo-boo. lol

and other than that he looks unnaturally stiff and a bit slanted too. but that's mostly from me redrawing his stance. i didn't feel like completely redrawing him so i left it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 am
Hustmay
granted. but also depends on the style. i've seen anime wer the legs had to be like 3x longer than the torso which made it look very weird. but again, it's personal style. and you're right about the heads thing. i made a boo-boo. lol

and other than that he looks unnaturally stiff and a bit slanted too. but that's mostly from me redrawing his stance. i didn't feel like completely redrawing him so i left it.

Exactly it all depends on personal style, but Ill say it again, I love the details. Keep up the good work!  

RiceAndPotatoes

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:06 am
Even the official character art for FF7 is quite leggy. I'd say stretch his torso and arms more or shorten the legs. He's also very scrawny, and wouldn't be able to wield that sword unless it was made of cardboard or fiberglass. Even his build in AC requires suspension of belief. Hm.

Broaden his shoulders, and bulk up his arms. Move his feet further apart, to balance out the weight of the sword. He kinda looks like a gangly teen, as opposed to a man. And thicken up the straps holding the sword. They look like they're about to snap. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:32 am
DarKlawStudios
Even the official character art for FF7 is quite leggy. I'd say stretch his torso and arms more or shorten the legs. He's also very scrawny, and wouldn't be able to wield that sword unless it was made of cardboard or fiberglass. Even his build in AC requires suspension of belief. Hm.

Broaden his shoulders, and bulk up his arms. Move his feet further apart, to balance out the weight of the sword. He kinda looks like a gangly teen, as opposed to a man. And thicken up the straps holding the sword. They look like they're about to snap. xp

yer right about the gangly part. but obviously no one could actually weild the sword. your taking it a little too literally xp most, if not all anime/manga require suspension of belief. it's what makes it interesting.

@riceandpotatoes: thnk u.  

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

RiceAndPotatoes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:43 am
Hustmay
DarKlawStudios

yer right about the gangly part. but obviously no one could actually weild the sword. your taking it a little too literally xp most, if not all anime/manga require suspension of belief. it's what makes it interesting.

what you talking about. I kick ninja butts in my neighborhood with a sword like that everyday!!! cool ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:46 am
RiceAndPotatoes
Hustmay
DarKlawStudios

what you talking about. I kick ninja butts in my neighborhood with a sword like that everyday!!! cool ninja
oh, yeah, except for you. lol. sephiroth aint got nothin on you.  

Gangster in a blanky

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:42 pm
lol What I mean is, in your drawing, his arms look like there is barely any muscle at all.

Eh... I suppose I handled the suspension of belief better when I was younger. Now a lot of it is just jarring. sweatdrop Depends on what you like, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 pm
DarKlawStudios
lol What I mean is, in your drawing, his arms look like there is barely any muscle at all.

Eh... I suppose I handled the suspension of belief better when I was younger. Now a lot of it is just jarring. sweatdrop Depends on what you like, though.

What if you have a character who can lift a 1000 pounds like nothing. Would I need him to have superbullging arms confused . My character wouldn't look as cool if his arms were as big as a trunk rofl.  

RiceAndPotatoes

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:37 pm
So you'd rather him have scrawny little bishounen arms, then? rofl

*shrug* It's your hypothetical character, do as you will. Find a middle ground or something. Doesn't have to be an extreme.  
The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff