Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
this really got to me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stargirl8480

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 am
A lot of times I (and I'm sure a bunch of others) feel like they're struggling with their faith, or that we need to put more trust into God, or we worry..etc..
And when i was in youth group last night we were reading out of Revelation and this really stuck out to me,
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am
and it just sort of shot out at me... Jesus is standing there at our hearts knocking, waiting to be let in. Are we going to let him in? Have we let him in? When we're preoccupied with something else, he is waiting for us.
Just some thoughts I wanted to share :]  

Stargirl8480

Zuleus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:38 am
I know the feeling. I sometimes think that I will do something to upset God being a sinner, and sin soo bad that I will lose contact with him forever. But I still feel God is important to my life and sometimes feel that others should have a strong passion for him. Though everyone is different inside, and I try not to look down on others but pray for them if I see them struggling. And God always shows me that he is with me through the good times and the bad.

Often times people think God will disappear from them when their prayers aren't answered. Sometimes God just wishes to test our faith as a way to help us understand how much we love him, but more importantly as to how much he loves us more. It can really push a person to the edge but it helps to understand him so much more when we let him down. Romans 8:31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:46 am
I find this to be helpful for me to understand God's love.

Romans 8:35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (36) As the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day, we are being slaughtered like sheep," (37) No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

It always helps me to remember that even though we have people that don't like other people, God created and loved each and everyone of us before anyone ever realized it. People would love other people if they didn't hold sin (or wrongs) against each other and loved God in the way we do. God gave us human choice so it is our choices in the end that choose whether we live a life with God or not.  

Zuleus

Stargirl8480

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:13 am
Yes, that is true. There are times when I feel really distant from God and then I get into this this place where I just pray and spend time with God... and these phases of distance always go away.

Yesterday especially, God's presence was just so strong. I'm in a Gospel Choir and a lot of the students are just there to have fun, they don't actually realize that they're singing for the Lord... and that was a big struggle with us. But yesterday at practice we really felt the music and we closed our eyes and worshiped and felt that it was just us and God in the room.. people were crying, some were praying, it was just an amazing feeling. Hopefully the choir realizes that they are singing for the most high king, and they shouldn't joke around with that.

And I'm also really goin through a difficult time right now trying to get scholarships and fighting with my job, and then social drama, school work on top of balancing everything else... and I've just been praying for this all to end soon and I will get through this obstacle in my life, and God gave me a lot of comfort yesterday. I thought I wasn't going to be able to go to the college I wanted because I didn't have money and apparently I have more than I thought. Long story... but yeah, I'm so thankful right now and I have so much to be thankful for.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 am
I know the feeling. I finally got done with my Associates of Arts degree and even if it isn't the most important degree, it made me feel good that God, my family, and my friends helped me through it. And God helped me realize that I have a lot more potential in myself than I realized.

But OOHHH the drama with some of my friends. I love em but they give me headaches sometimes. They worry about some of the dumbest things and act so hopeless as if they do not have any solutions to their problems. I guess I just wish my friends would listen to me a little more cause they usually trust me for my advice.

May God be with you going through college. It puts people through a lot of challenges but the rewards can be worth it. Remember that you can ask God for anything if it is his will, and if you have faith, you will surely accomplish your goals.  

Zuleus

Stargirl8480

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:36 pm
Thank youuu :]
I'm so exciteddd!!!! heart
And scared... I can't believe I'm leaving in a couple months.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games