Reply ~ Main Forum ~
The Knife Under Your Pillow Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_underworks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:49 pm
Has anyone ever tried to break into your house?
Be scared...

Its starting to get to me...
I live in this town house, the house beside mine is vacant, the neighborhood I live in consists mainly of old people and my other neighbor is a detective.
Its been 3 days, I have been hearing things in the house coming from the entrance.
The first day I didn't pay attention to it; given that the house is relatively old and makes the odd noise once in a while, at around 11 i saw someone trying to enter the house from the living room window while reading a book. The door was locked and he quickly turned away.I didn't get to see much of them because it was kind of dark.
Yesterday, I woke up and went to work. I made sure all the doors were locked. I came back home a bit late because I went out to eat dinner with coworkers. When I got home, I saw there were some deep scratches on and beside the door lock. I talked to my neighbor (the detective) about the situation and he called up a black undercover cruiser (not the crown victoria type, but a charger) to sit in the driveway in front of my house for a while. The were parked there for about 3 hours (from 9 to midnight roughly) and they saw nothing.
I don't get it. It isn't that hard to break in my house. I work from 6am till 4am every day and the only things of value I own are this dirt bike sitting in the back yard tied down with a chain to a wire mesh fence, my computer and sound system. My second car is always unlocked (due to the fact that the doors don't lock from outside) and has not been rummaged in any way or sort. All has been left intact.
Today, I got back from work early. Made dinner and while cooking, I SAW THE SAME ******** PERSON trying to enter the house by the (back door this time) and quickly turning away.
It is now 9:45 pm, the door is unlocked, it has been 2 days I have not slept, I am sitting in a chair in front of the door with all lights shut with a bat by my side and a loaded .410g in the closet next to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 pm
God help the person that tries to break into my house. My dad has a shot gun filled with birdshot and he's not afraid to shoot though the walls and the perpetrator. I keep a 16 inch dagger(overall, blade is probably about 10-12 inches) between my headboard and the wall. I also have about 30ish swords and other daggers laying around my small room.

I haven't had anyone try and break in, but if they do, my family is prepared. Even though that would cause jail time, in my state, possibly all of the US but I'm not sure, you are supposed to leave your house and call 911 if someone breaks in to rob you.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:05 pm
You don't need a knife or gun.... you need a dog. Fact, people avoid breaking into other people's houses when they own a dog, as long as it is inside. Even a small dog will make alot of noise. Also, when they can't see the dog, they have no idea what they are up against. A dog barking will alert neighbors and anyone inside or around the house. But several people have been killed when they kept the dogs just outside, because when dogs get bored outside, they bark, and are typically ignored. But when it is coming from inside, you can usually be very sure the dog has heard or sensed something bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:20 pm
Angel of the End
You don't need a knife or gun.... you need a dog. Fact, people avoid breaking into other people's houses when they own a dog, as long as it is inside. Even a small dog will make alot of noise. Also, when they can't see the dog, they have no idea what they are up against. A dog barking will alert neighbors and anyone inside or around the house. But several people have been killed when they kept the dogs just outside, because when dogs get bored outside, they bark, and are typically ignored. But when it is coming from inside, you can usually be very sure the dog has heard or sensed something bad.

Attack cats. They'll f*** anyone up. I watched one of my cats claw the hell out of a girl who kicked it. She required 87 stitches. Now imagine what it would have done had I trained it to really harm.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:45 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
Angel of the End

Attack cats. They'll f*** anyone up. I watched one of my cats claw the hell out of a girl who kicked it. She required 87 stitches. Now imagine what it would have done had I trained it to really harm.
I want an attack grizzly, would you break into a house that had a grizzly bear?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:15 pm
Digital Malevolence
Macabre_Cogitation
Angel of the End

Attack Grizzlies would require to much food to keep them alive.
They would be worth it if you had the money, space, and patience to house an Attack Bear.
If you had a mansion, they would be rather reasonable. But, for Underworks, an attack cat just might do.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:17 pm
Digital Malevolence
Macabre_Cogitation
Angel of the End

Screw a grizzly, I'm getting a hippopotamus.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Verrrrrryyy persuassive isn't it....

On a more serious note, the_underworks, I hope all goes well for you and whatever creep is trying to mess around with you/your property stops.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:01 am
You people always ruin my ideas. emo  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

broken_joker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:59 am
Maybe they're just trying to mess with your head?

People do stuff like that all the time around where I live. They'll wait until it's late and start trying to open doors, windows, banging on the outside. Generally trying to scare the hell out of people.

It's why I always have something within easy reach that is fairly heavy...I can always plead self-defence.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:05 pm
Malevolance: I'm not trying to make fun of your idea. I know what it's like to have someone try and break into your home. A dog is a good idea, it sounds like this person would just stop trying if they hear a dog.
Plus, a dog is a rather threating thing to encounter when breaking into a home.
I say attack cat for it would be silent and very deadly.

Wraith: Like I said, a hippo is just too big for a basic home....a mansion yeah.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

the_underworks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:34 pm
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
Macabre_Cogitation
Angel of the End

Screw a grizzly, I'm getting a hippopotamus.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Verrrrrryyy persuassive isn't it....

On a more serious note, the_underworks, I hope all goes well for you and whatever creep is trying to mess around with you/your property stops.
Ooooooooor...

A 15 foot long somehow domesticated attack constrictor snake.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:39 am
Macabre_Cogitation
Malevolance: I'm not trying to make fun of your idea. I know what it's like to have someone try and break into your home. A dog is a good idea, it sounds like this person would just stop trying if they hear a dog.

How about an attack koala? no one would see it coming. ninja  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:08 am
Digital Malevolence
Macabre_Cogitation

I might be fooled by that.

Unless of course I knew I was breaking into the house of someone from this guild, or someone who was in on your devious koala plans.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 pm
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
Macabre_Cogitation

Unless of course I knew I was breaking into the house of someone from this guild, or someone who was in on your devious koala plans.
...Where can I get a koala?  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:26 pm
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
Macabre_Cogitation

...Where can I get a koala?
Apart from stealing it from a zoo, maybe....Australia?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff