Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Two Faced

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 pm
I have a question for you: Did you know bi-polarity is actually a mental illness?
Personally its a realization I made about an hour ago reading this sequel to the movie dr.jones senciblising bipolarity.

Later i had this envy to read more about the illness, and yes, I can now say I am clinically two faced. Personally I used to think I was just naturally an a*****e... maybe i am still an a*****e... just a bipolar a*****e. But at least now I know how and where to get help for this irritating disorder assuming my sources are correct.

"Brilliant, but unevenly gifted personalities . . . they charm us by their intellectual mobility, their versatility, their wealth of ideas, their ready accessibility and their delight in adventure, their artistic capability, their good nature, their cheery, sunny mood. But at the same time they put us in an uncomfortable state . . . by a certain restlessness, talkativeness . . . excessive need for social life, capricious temper . . . lack of reliability, steadiness, and perseverance in work, a tendency to building castles in the air and scheming. . . ."

If this passage suits you, you are probably a victim of bi-polarity razz  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:20 pm
I have yet to see why that passage would make anyone with bipolar disorder seem like a victim. Perhaps that would be more emphasized by feeling like a giant for several days, powerful and with presence before degrading to a dwarf with no significance and a heady sickness of self-inflicted blame.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm
Nah, you're not an a*****e. xd

I have a lot of things wrong with me, but bipolarity isn't one of them... I think... OH, but my friend is bipolar. One minute she's proud of herself and all happy, and the next minute she's insulting herself... and stuff along that line.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:41 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I have yet to see why that passage would make anyone with bipolar disorder seem like a victim. Perhaps that would be more emphasized by feeling like a giant for several days, powerful and with presence before degrading to a dwarf with no significance and a heady sickness of self-inflicted blame.
Just describes common personalities of a certain degree of bipolarity. The one your thinking about is probably the gravest form of the disorder. Bipolarity is like a sine wave, its main variables are amplitude frequency and offset.  

the_underworks

trampyre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm
That could describe someone with several psychiatric disorders, not just bipolar disorder. It's not that cut and dry.

I have bipolar. Sometimes it's great, other times it's not so great. When I was first diagnosed I had to spend a month in the hospital to get properly medicated. Then I was still in shock for about a year afterwards and flip-flipping on and off meds. It's a totally ****ed up illness, and it almost ruined my life. You may feel like you get super powers, but they come at a hefty price.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the subject. If you are concerned you might have it I suggest you get assessed by a professional ASAP because putting off treatment could mean that the illness gets worse. Meds are awful on the system though, and could be expensive if you don't have coverage.

I could go on and on with my rant about bipolar, internet misinformation on it, media, mental health propaganda, social stigma, and how it's not what most people think it is ...... but I won't.... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 pm
the_underworks
-Resurrected Writer-
Just describes common personalities of a certain degree of bipolarity. The one your thinking about is probably the gravest form of the disorder. Bipolarity is like a sine wave, its main variables are amplitude frequency and offset.

Just speaking from experience, is all. Granted, what I described was what happened during severe episodes, not counting thoughts of suicide or making unrealistically high goals.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:03 am
I'm diagnosed borderline bipolar.
Only because I'm so charming no doctor could ever believe I'm so insane when I'm not normal, so they disagree, and finally agree on the borderline.
Manic episodes, is what they were calling them... Sometimes I black out and can't even remember. I used to run away. They put me on Paxil when a doctor saw me during one of my episodes. That was back when I was 12. I was on it for a week, and ran away every day (I always came back, had no where to go). It only made me worse, so my mom took me off it. They tried putting me on antidepressants again about 2 years ago and I threw them on the roof during another episode.
The latest, worst episode... all I remember is scribbling in a notebook in the dark sometime really late, I think in December and my boyfriend trying to get me to go back to bed. I was really really mad at him. Something about why I was mad at him, but I dunno what I was writing, there wasn't any light.
All the minor episodes since then, aren't that bad, I just do wierd things. Sometimes I'm so freaking happy bouncy it's scary. And other times, I've gotten so depressed I've considered killing myself. The depressive episodes last up to a few weeks, the happy ones only last up to a few days. Any other time I'm normal, when I'm not having an episode. Thats what my mom calls them anyways.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games