Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Sharp North :: A private Academic Insitution [Full] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:47 pm
S h a r px N o r t h

A school for the elite, the privileged, the rich

xxx

Before our players are introduced and the story begins, let me tell you about the school itself. Who am I? Well, I'm the headmistress of this great academy, Tatiana Fleece.

Let us start at the very beginning. This school was established first in the Victorian era as an all-girls' school. Rich families sent their girls here to be disciplined into fine, proper ladies, and let me tell you that we did the damn best we could. Back then, the school was more a manor then anything else, though I'll have time to fully explain it's grandeur later on. It remained a girls' school until the mid 1900's, then it was completely renovated and expanded, and we began taking boys on as well. Even before that time, the school had already been improved on to accommodate growing numbers and prestige. Anyway enough of the past, more about the semi-present.

We give our students' access to the best services we can offer. At their beck and call we hire top-notch tutors, we serve gourmet foods, we have the most esteemed teachers in the country. We even provide dorms with the quality of 5-star hotel rooms if their home is not readily available to them. Of course, all these luxuries come with a price. Only the richest can afford to send their kids here, and almost half of our student body is made up of foreign transfer students. Failure is not tolerated within these halls, all students that have a grade lover then C- [or 65%] are offered a tutor, if they refuse, they are expelled from the school.

Most teachers live in the school also, though some are married and do live outside. Their "dorms" are more like apartments, and they live in a building separate from the rest of the school and the students' dormitories.

Anyway, I said we would get to the appearance later right? Well, now is later. Let us start with the outside, because I am a woman not in great like of describing things, I will provide you with a picture. All along the outside of the school is a very grand iron-wrought fence that stands about 7 feet high and has spiked edges. The gates are locked during classtime, so don't attempt to skip class, it will result in detention. Anyway, the hallways, as you can see, are beautiful. There are several chandeliers in every single one of them. The classrooms are quite a sight as well, each room sports a large window looking out into the courtyard. On the subject of dorms, all I can say is that they could rival many a house themselves. I think I've about covered the grandeur of the academy, so I shall be off for now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:56 pm
The School Rules

-School officially begins at 8 o' clock sharp, lateness results in an automatic detention

-School ends at 3, detentions typically last an hour, and any students exiting before that time without an excuse are given a detention

-Fighting is intolerable and will result in either suspension or expulsion

-If a dorm student, curfew is 9 and nobody else is allowed in the room after 7. If a teacher on hourly watch catches you after this time, detentions or suspension will follow

-Disrespecting a teacher or tutor gets you a suspension or detention depending on severity

-Failing grades are inexcusable

-You must wear the uniform at all times when at school

The Schedule

Breakfast for dorm students and teachers at 7

Beginning of school
First Period - English
Second Period- Math
Third Period- History
Lunch
Fourth Period- Gym
Fifth Period- Electives [Writing with Rem, Home Economics with Lining or Choir with Livery]
End of School

Dinner at 7 for dorm students and teachers

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:05 pm
The Skeleton

[align=center]
[size=10][b]Puppeteer ::[/b] [Username]

[b]My name is ::[/b] [Character Name]
[b]I am a :: [/b] [Student or tutor XD]
- If I am a student I live in a [b][dorm or house][/b] and I take [b][elective][/b] for fifth period
[b]I am aged ::[/b] [Character Age]
[b]I look like this :: [/b] [Link to picture, anime I guess?]
[b]I act like this ::[/b] [Personality]
[b]My history ::[/b] [Why they are here, just a brief overview over their earlier life. More will be uncovered in time]
[b]I am skilled at ::[/b] [A few talents]
[b]I like ::[/b] [What they enjoy]
[b]I dislike ::[/b] [What they don't like]
[b]My theme song ::[/b] [Name plus a youtube link][/size][/align]

The Players

Blue Winged

Puppeteer :: Blue Winged

My name is :: Kira Rem
I am a :: Teacher of English and tutor
I am aged :: 22
I look like this :: Kira
I act like this :: Even though he's a teacher and also a tutor to the odd student here and there, Kira is very lazy. He's often late to classes because of the fact he sleeps right through his alarm clock because he was doing god-knows-what at 2 am. He has a good sense of humor and a pretty nice personality, he's a good teacher too. He likes to boast that no student of his has ever failed out of the academy. He likes to tease and can be pretty damn cynical at times, which leads to some thinking he's harsh. He's not, really. It's all in good fun. Of course, there are facets of him yet to be uncovered.
My history :: Kira is younger then all the other teachers, obviously. Most don't really know it, but he's something of a prodigy. He's got an array of degrees that all relate to teaching and writing, along with an odd one about psychology. Anyway, he keeps tight-lipped about his past, so most assume it's kind of bad. He's a former student of Sharp North.
I am skilled at :: He plays piano and is quite good at painting.
I like :: Joking, coffee, staying up late, a variety of other little things
I dislike :: Obnoxious children, students later then he is, ignorant students and ones that wink at him in the hallway.
My theme song :: Moonlight Sonata

Zara_the_Teenage_Witch

Puppeteer :: Zara_the_Teenage_Witch

My name is :: Cathrine Holland
I am a :: Student
- If I am a student I live in a dorm and I take choir for fifth period
I am aged :: 17
I look like this :: Cathrine
I act like this :: Cathrine is one of the girls that does what she can to annoy her teachers and father. She alters the uniform, and often flirts with boys more than she pays attention in class. She's a bit snarky and sarcastic with teachers, and doesn't like authority figures. She treats Mr. Rem with more attitude than most, and she's trying to fail his class (and her others) purposefully just to get out of the school.
My history :: Cathrine grew up with just her father. Her father wanted her to be a proper young woman, while she wanted to play with barbie dolls instead of playing piano. She did many things to annoy him, and he shipped her off to Sharp North to get her properly trained and away from him.
I am skilled at :: Singing, guitar, and sewing.
I like :: people, French, English, most of her classes, intelligent conversations, etc.
I dislike :: People pointing out her likes contradicting what she wants, rude people, authority figures, people asking about her mum.
My theme song :: Ross' Concert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:16 pm
The Others

[align=center][size=9][b]My name is ::[/b] [Insert name]
[b]I am a ::[/b] [Teacher or student]
- If I am a student I live in a [b]house/dorm[/b] and I take [b]Writing, choir or Home Ec[/b] for fifth period
[b]I am aged :: [/b][Insert age]
[b]I look like this ::[/b] [Insert link]
[b]I act like ::[/b] [Just two or three sentences]
[b]I like ::[/b] [What they enjoy doing, can also be a person]
[b]I dislike ::[/b] [What they don't like, could be a person]
[b]My relation to the players ::[/b] [Are you a friend, a colleague, a family member?]
[b]My theme song ::[/b] [link][/size][/align]

Quote:

My name is :: Edward DeMoss
- If I am a student I live in a house and I take Home Economics for fifth period
I look like this :: Edward
I act like this :: Ed is a sweet kid. He never gets the girl he's aiming for, and is always only a 'friend'. He believes in true love, and is very naive. He's also very clumsy, despite years of dance training.
My history :: Ed has had an easy life. His parents are together, he's been doing ballet for twelve years- although it doesn't help him in his normal walk for some reason- and he's enjoying his time at Sharp North. He recently became friends with Cathrine, and has fallen a little bit for her.
I am skilled at :: Making friends, dancing, walking into walls
I like :: Friends, English, Cathrine
I dislike :: Amy, people who don't put work into their education, being brushed off, rude people.
My theme song :: Daniel

Quote:
My name is :: Amy Florence
- If I am a student I live in a dorm and I take Choir for fifth period
I look like this :: Amy
I act like :: Amy is rude, she's mean, she's miserable. Despite her many obvious flaws, she's also very popular, believe it or not. You do not want to tread on Amy's toes. She'll bite your head off.
I like :: It's a secret. Being with friends and picking on people who aren't friends
I dislike :: Cathrine, mostly
My relation to the players :: She's the Queen bee and she wants something
My theme song :: The Best Damn Thing

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:31 pm
RESERVED 8D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:56 pm
He had such a nice dream. In his dream, he was playing on a grand piano, complete with ebony keys. All around him were hundreds- no, thousands of fans and music appreciators. He was playing symphony no. 9, except better. A lot better. Sadly, just as he was getting up and people were showering him with red roses, the alarm clock rang. Dear god that thing was annoying. Beep beep beep all morning, it pissed him off to no end. He groaned and covered his head with the pillow, hoping to drown out the noise. It didn't work very well. Instead he smacked the snooze button on the alarm clock and rolled out of bed. Literally. Once on the floor, he reached an arm up and grabbed his glasses before crawling to the unsurprisingly devoid wardrobe. Kira wasn't much of a shopper. White button up, black tie, black slacks. The "uniform" for all the teachers here at this delightfully snotty school. Nothing had changed since ten years ago. Today at least, he wasn't going to be late. A cold shower woke him up sufficiently, then he changed, brushed his teeth and grabbed his files. Normal morning stuff. He glanced at his watch. Five more minutes to get to class. The dorm students and his colleagues would be finishing up breakfast by now. Then, as he was about to leave, the beeping started again. He swore and ran back inside to turn it off. He lived in what you could call an "apartment". Except it was on school grounds, nicely segregated from the school itself and the students. Most of the teachers resided in the same building.

He walked rather quickly through the halls of the school and got to his classroom without too much trouble. Only about a third of the students were waiting for him and they laughed as he came in.

"Not late today Mr. Kira?" One of the girls asked. He liked his students to call him Kira, it made him feel less old.

"Nope. I was only up until 1 last night." He replied, setting his laptop, and paperwork down on a desk in the corner of the room. He observed who was missing, Cathrine Holland, his mouthiest student and the one closest too a failing grade. If he wanted to keep boasting about a student of his has never dropped out, he'd have to work on her. She didn't seem like she wanted to be here. You know, at all. He sighed, tough cookie. He heard the other teachers talking about her in the lounge all the time. Seemed that she liked to disrupt every class. Still, he felt like he was being picked on.

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Zara_the_Teenage_Witch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:13 pm
Cathrine was rather liking her dreamless sleep. The alarm clock had been turned off a while ago, and Cat enjoyed sleeping it. She woke up naturally a few minutes before first period, glancing at the clock. Satisfied, she stretched and slowly got out of bed before getting dressed.
She pulled the uniform on, then stepped out the door. She casually strolled towards the class.
As she walked in late, she smirked, "Mr. Ren," she noted, settling down into a seat and making herself comfortable.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:49 pm
He felt like banging his head on the desk. Why did they insist on being later then the late one? This was the first time he hadn't been late in two weeks for god's sake. "Ms. Holland." He said as straight faced as he could. "I see you'll be joining me for detention already." He said before resuming his lecture on character archetypes. While that happened, his mind strayed from the words coming out of his mouth. He really would have to do something about Cathrine, she was getting more feisty already. Besides, everybody else had said they'd change her. They hadn't, probably hadn't even tried. How distasteful he found his colleagues. No, not distasteful, he just didn't like them. At all. So he guessed it was understandable why she wouldn't, but he was perfectly likable. Well, in his opinion.  

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Zara_the_Teenage_Witch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm
Cathrine noted that, but went to playing with her cell phone as soon as she sat down. She didn't even try to hide it as she half listened to the lecture. She needed to make sure that she put the wrong answers on any tests that may come up.
She took the occasional note, although kept it discreet. Didn't want anyone thinking she was paying attention, did she? No, she didn't. As much as she loved English... well, it didn't matter!
Dang, this lesson was kind of interesting too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 pm
He kept taking a glance at her to see what would have to be adjusted in her behavior. The phone for one thing would have to be "lost" conveniently one day. But once, he saw her jotting something down. What? No, it couldn't have been Cathrine, he must have been imagining things. She couldn't care less about grades. Once he was done, and the lecture only took ten minutes, he gave out instructions. "Now that I've told you that, I want you to create a brief opening chapter to a story with a main character with this archetype." In his few years here, having the students progressively create a short novel in "Chapters" as he introduced new concepts was one of his favourite things to do. It was an organic project, it didn't get boring and they were still learning what they were supposed too. "Three page minimum with double spacing. And yes, you can type it out." He said to the students to brought laptops to their classes or did assignments at home.  

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Zara_the_Teenage_Witch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:50 pm
The man's assignment seemed interesting. She frowned, gently taking note of it at the bottom before closing the notebook and eying the teacher. The rest of the period she feigned disinterest. As the bell rung, she got up, packing her things. She felt like complimenting the man, but held her tongue as she left the classroom for her second period.
She was forming a story in her head all through math, doodling the main character and her love interest in the margins of her notebook. The main character's love interest greatly resembled Mr. Ren, but she didn't notice that until a boy glanced over her shoulder and asked why she was drawing the English teacher.
She firmly denied it, scribbling over the drawing and moving onto drawing the heroine instead.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:42 pm
Edward laughed at her reaction, she was so easy to poke fun at. Still, he did look like their English teacher, which was kind of freaky. But anyway, that wasn't for him to dwell on. He liked Mr. Ren, he was a fun teacher, and it seemed that maybe Cathrine liked him too, however she acted in class. "Calm down Cat, we know you don't go that way." He said, laughing a little. He was referring to girls who liked teachers, he thought those girls were just kind of... stupid? Yes, that was the word. You could never land somebody so much older then you. Besides, wasn't stuff like that against the law? He didn't dwell on it and instead changed the subject. "Anyway, what's your story about?"  

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Zara_the_Teenage_Witch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:47 pm
Balancing a pencil on her upper lip, "Who says I'm writing a story?" she asked, looking at him. She was trying to fail the class, which wasn't going to happen if she did the assignments. Even if it was interesting.
However, she knew that Ed was going to push her on this, so she caved.
"Well, it's not really formed yet... I'm just making the character's first," she replied. "What's yours?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 pm
He smiled and laughed again. He always managed to get to her. "Mine's about a couple that falls in love." There was a little glimmer in his eyes. "But there's a twist. The girl doesn't love the boy at first and then they're engaged to be married!" He wondered if Cathrine would ever suspect that the girl in his story would be her with a different face. Probably not. Well, maybe. He didn't know. He never had the guts to tell her about it outright, but he made little hints that he wasn't even sure of himself. He was, however, sure of his story. Maybe it would help him talk to Cathrine about the "thing", finally. He wanted to try at least before the end of the year. At hopefully not get rejected outright. That would suck, their friendship would be wrecked.  

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers