Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I can do this, right? ):

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:30 pm
User Image

I hit my plateau when I got to 148 pounds ... then had a few days of bad eating, went back up, and I am not back at 148.

My best friend says if I keep working, doing what I am doing [800 calories burned on DDR in a day, level Heavy, split into two sessions of 400] and eating what I am [grains, milk, lots of tea, fruit, veggies] than at some point I will just continue my weight loss.

I dunno. ):
I feel scared, as if I won't make it- while another part of me knows I will get to 130 pounds at some point. I just want it to be mid-May.

I don't feel like the pounds are "melting" off and I'm definitely not so naive as to expect instant gratification with weight loss. Argh. I'm sorry for this. I'm pretty stressed out with my life, I feel like a nobody who isn't going anywhere.

I am skinnier, though. :3

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 pm
Maybe switch it up? Your exercise, I mean.

DDR is all cardio. And while it is nice, cardio alone tends to equal plateaus. What you could do is alternate DDR and strength training to "tighten up" and tone, build a bit more muscle which will raise your BMR (base metabolic rate; how many calories your body burns at rest) and that should bump up your weight loss!

I know this is going to be really hard, but if you can stick to it just Tuesdays and Thursdays! (or any other 2 days per week)
Youtube search: "8 Minute Arms" "8 Minute Abs" "8 Minute Buns"
It's less than a half hour, it'll KILLLL you at first, and the guy is all 80's and cheesy. But let me tell you, it'll whip you into shape!

Maybe you just need a slight change to knock away your plateau. :]

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:20 pm
User Image

Thank you. =)

I have actually watched the Eight Minute Abs vid, I shall try that.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games