Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beatles

Back to Guilds

Tags: Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr 

Reply The Beatles
Paul and Ringo are going to perform together!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:28 pm
"Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr Set to Perform in New York

Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are set to perform together at a benefit concert at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. The charity event, to take place April 4, benefits the David Lynch Foundation, which, as stated in a press release, “raises funds to teach one million at-risk children to meditate — giving them life-long tools to overcome stress and violence and promote peace and success in their lives.”

Also performing at the event will be Eddie Vedder, Sheryl Crow, Ben Harper, Moby, My Morning Jacket’s Jim James, Paul Horn and Donovan, with Russell Simmons and actress Laura Dern making appearances as well. Both McCartney and Starr issued accompanying statements extolling the virtues of transcendental meditation.

“In moments of madness,” McCartney said, “it has helped me find moments of serenity. I would like to think that it would help provide them a quiet haven in a not-so-quiet world.”

“It gives me great pleasure to be part of this evening,” Ringo added. “I feel the aims of this charity are wonderful!”

McCartney and Starr, along with Donovan and Horn, helped popularize transcendental meditation in 1968, when the four musicians traveled to India to study with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

“How great to be playing with Paul, Ringo and Paul Horn again – as we did in India in 1968,” Donovan said in a statement. “And now we see the amazing results of our work from 40 years ago to bring meditation to the whole world. It's the same message today, which is, ‘Change begins within.’”

McCartney and Starr last performed together at a tribute show for George Harrison in 2002 in London."

Full article located here.

Oh my gosh! Why aren't I RICH?! I can't believe they're going to perform together! I feel my fangirl inside of me starting to claw her way out. OH NOES.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Awwww that's great, it's so exciting! Paul and Ringo performing together after, what...seven years?! Aaaahh! I wish I could see that but I like just knowing it's going to happen, and for a good cause and everything too.

And Donovan as well? Awesome stuff.  

practicallyzen

The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces