Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Weight loss shows

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm
So there's a bunch of them out there. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
The Biggest Loser - I used to watch this a lot, but I don't really like it anymore.
X-Weighted
The Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp
Bulging Brides

Those are the ones I can think of. The three that I watch on a regular basis are pretty much my favourite TV shows ever. I think that in the terms of realistic ... ness, they're good with how they're listed from best to worst. And when I mean realistic I mean taking people with actual weight to lose.

X-Weighted is a bit boring, but again, it's actually realistic, it shows real people with realistic goals, I can't stress reality enough. Because it's kind of rare on weight loss shows, I mean, with the biggest loser, it's a bunch of people in an ideal environment, with the last ten pounds and more so, bulging brides, they're sometimes good and sometimes bad. X-weighted has a lot of positive reinforcement, and unfortunately, it gets a little boring.

The last ten pounds is my personal favourite, even though it has a lot of "oh geeze your eating style will make you FAT and you have FAT on you and omg FAT" however, I'm pretty sure Nadeen Bowman is at the very least a vegetarian (some article I saw once) and though I'm pretty sure she's pushed to include meat into people's meal plans, she ends up cutting a lot of meat out of people's diets. I know that it's the easiest way to get people to lose weight, but it's still nice to see. It shows a lot of exercises that I can do at home, and it's really ... it's nice. I like it, because it helps me motivate for myself.

Bulging Brides has the same trainer and nutritionist, as the last ten pounds (and I love them so that's nice) but it's a lot more of the "omgs, fats like the worst thing evar!" they're more negative about body shapes, but I suppose they have to be, because it's not just ideally losing 10 pounds, it's weddings, and people like to lose even MORE weight, so I understand it. But I still don't like it as much.

So does anyone else share my guilty pleasure?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 am
I really enjoyed the first two seasons of the Biggest Loser but haven't really bothered with it the past few seasons.

I also watched Celebrity Fit Club but was very turned off by it. The show only focused on the drama and I noticed that very few of the contestants would stick with it once they were off the show.

I really do want to pick a weight-loss show back up though, something that keeps me motivated and to look forward to. What channels are X-Weighted and the Last 10 Pounds on?  

Starlurk

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 am
They're on Slice, they might be canadian shows only, I'm not sure, they're set in Vancouver.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:51 am
Oh shoot. Yeah I've never heard of that channel before.

Lately I've seen one advertised, I think it was called FitTV or something like that. Supposedly it's a free channel that shows exercise and diet related stuff all day. I've been meaning to look into it and keep forgetting.  

Starlurk

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 am
There is one about brides losing weight

I don't know the name though...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:07 pm
Is the trainer a former foot ball player? He's black and huge. Also a total sweet heart.  

Lady Schist

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games