Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuttleTheFish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:13 pm
I just got back from my Wednesday night youth group and today our discusion was parents. weather we like it or not, us girls are probably going to be a lot like our mothers one day. It is important to build a relationship with our parents. it hepls us understand God a little more. last week i tried to build a stronger relationship with my parents and it worked!!! i really feel closer to God.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:50 pm
Girls don't always take after their moms. I'm more like my dad, really. Though, I did get some things from my mother.

It's kinda funny, though. I always fought with her when I was a teenager. But after high school, when I became a functional adult, we started to get along a lot better. Also helped when I got out of that emo phase. She worried about me a lot.

I still have problems seeing eye-to-eye with my dad. I don't think I'm what he expected me to be. He's kind of traditional in the way he sees girls. But I turned out to be tough, agressive, bold, strong and just a real go-getter. In fact, I have shown a lot more boldness lately, than my dad ever has. He fears traveling. Even just taking short weekend trips by car. In the last few years, I've been to Ireland and to California a few times and ended up moving to the San Fransisco Bay area.

But while we don't always see eye-to-eye, the love is still there. He'll probably never get me but, whatever.
sweatdrop  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 am
As soon as I'm on my own I'm never going to speak to my mother again. Truth is, sometimes parents do not love their children. At that point, I feel there is no need to force a relationship with them. I have two step parents who mean more to me than she does.

It's an outdated notion that girls will end up like their mothers. In the past, they were groomed that way. It's actually very unlikely, though.... We are going to take after who ever we look up to as a parent and as a mentor-figure. I take after my father, but only a little bit. My dad, after all, is a laid back guy, and I'm impulsive and arrogant.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm
I'm a lot more like my Dad, but I'm a lot more peaceful and calm than he is (he's got some anger issues). I wasn't at all close with my parents from ages 10-17, but as I came to Christ I have gotten a lot closer to them, a lot more mature, a lot more balanced, and a lot more understanding of what they expect from me. I really love my parents. I look up to both for different aspects, and I'm doing my best to become more like them. To be as persevering, honest, well intentioned, selfless, and caring as them would be a blessing.  

Jessy_4 26 2008

Lindsey B3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 am
I'm not really like either of my parents personality wise. But physically people are always saying that I look exactly like my Mom.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:05 am
People tell me that I look a lot like my dad. I don't really think I look like anyone in my family. As for girls turning into their mothers, I assume one would be shaped by whoever they spent the most time around growing up, and who they liked the most. For example, if you spent a lot of time around you dad, but you hated him, you might sway towards not being like him. I dunno, if I'm like anyone in my family, I'm probably most like my grandpa. He pretty much is my dad, lol. Sometimes he gets on my nerves...ok, he gets on my nerves a LOT, but he's always meant best, and he's never steered me wrong. Wait, what were we talking about? xd

Kazydi

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff