Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
I need HELP REALLY BAD!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHICK IS BETTER
  THIEF
  MAGE
  WARRIOR
  BOWMEN
  PIRATE
View Results

Jeremy_Butters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 am
OK I NEED HELP DECIDING ON WICH CHARACTER TO CHOOSE IM NEW TO THIS WHOLE THING AND I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE AND WHICH SERVER IS THE BEST TO AND LAST AND FINALLY WONDERING IF ANY ONE CAN HELP TRAIN MY CHARACTER WITH ME JUST ASKING FOR A LOT OF HELP IF YOU DONT MIND????  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:19 pm
Ok, ok, no need to use caps lock here! Your character should be your choice, but you should probably Google yourself a character build. That will explain how you should allocate your ability points once you level up depending on which class you choose. As for worlds, I'm partial to Broa myself as it's got a decent amount of players on, but you can get away by yourself if you feel the need. I'd also be obliged to help you get started if you choose Broa as your server.

My character is Tropius003 if you should start up.  

Trop003

Artess

General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:02 am
Deciding what character to make has to be your decision. The classes in Maple vary quite a bit, though the game is unbalanced. Magicians level much faster than other characters, and cleric/priest/bishop is considered to be the best of all. Go to www.hidden-street.net and find the characters section. (Do not click on their advertisements, however, those are hacking/meso buying sites, you'll probably get keylogged. hidden-street itself is safe, though.) Look through all the skills, (1st-4th job,) and decide which you like more. Keep in mind that the character you choose will be what you see for as long as 2 years, if you play that long. Choose carefully.

As far as people training your character for you, that's not going to happen. It's like telling someone to get a job and giving you their paycheck. Training a character is something that you gotta do yourself. If you choose to have other people train you, be prepared to pay for it. That is called "buying leech," and it'll cost you a LOT, and people will look down on you for it. While some people will help you here and there, you are delusional if you think you'll get someone to train you for the hundreds of hours it takes to become strong in maple.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:08 am
User Image

Regarding your job. It is really YOUR choice. You don't really wanna start a job that you don't like, But it's never too late to change (:
Which server is that best? Haha, That's quite a question.
I wouldn't think there's a best server. But the worlds are in order, from oldest to newest. It's really your choice.
And as for training. You DON'T need to pay people to train you at the lower levels, People would rather just train together in peace. It's not until you're 70 or 80+, you might want to pay people to train you. because it training does take a lot of time, it's just better to leech.

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

Zhennie Chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 pm
if your in sea i will help you but i am a hermit and loving it ninja SP pawns twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 pm
Boman because you shoot from a range and do a little damage with ur bow  

iiAlan

2,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Alpha Night Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:27 am
i chose pirate cause its a good class for me...and if u play in bera ill help ya out as much as i can  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:33 am
Your character should be based off personal interest... asking for help on choosing isn't a good idea since people are biased towards other classes.

But hey that's an opinion too.

If you need any help ask me though PM.

6 Year MS player here :]  

Demishae

The One To Fear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:00 pm
i love bowmen they have great atk and acc  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:46 pm
Most people make a few characters before sticking to one. As your first character I would probably go with a warrior or bowman, because most of them stick to one basic build. Mages and theifs have several popular builds (normal VS lukless for mages, normal VS dexless VS with str for theives).
Speaking from personal experience, it sucks pretty hardcore to make a normal Assasin, then 90 levels later to realize that dexless sins completely own you.
As far as servers go, I picked Khaini because of the releatively low population, so there is less competition for training areas. Any of the newer servers would also be good for the same reason (the servers are listed by age, so the newest ones are on the right side of the selection bar).
If you ended up in Khaini, I am pretty much ALWAYS making some new character, so I would be happy to advise you or to do party quests with you :p  

We Have A Winnar

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff