Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Questing HQ
Dragain's Quests | Dundundun~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite quest?
  Vitiosus Ardin'solaris | For every light will cast a shadow!
  Nastiras | For the glory for the sin'dorei!
  Solrock | Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon!
  Akiyo | Its really none of my business...
  Poll whore option!
View Results

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 am
Welcome

Not only is this a quest thread, but it doubles as the place to store all my ideas and forms for quests. Having a quest thread will also force me to actually save up for a Soq, as opposed to spending all the gold away. xD Also, to keep track of my own progress (or lack thereof) with time.

Funds

Vitiosus Ardin'solaris: 450k / 450k
Nastiras: - / 1.7mil
Solrock: - / 550k
Akiyo: Paid for by Niss <3

Content

01 | Welcome / Funds
02 | Main Quest Intro - Every light casts a shadow
03 | Main Quest Form - Vitiosus Ardin'solaris
04 | Side Quest 1 - Nastiras
05 | Side Quest 2 - Solrock
06 | Side Quest 3 - Akiyo
07 | Donations <3
08 | Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:41 am
Story behind the weapon

Ardin'solaris

Ardin'solaris literally means 'fiery sun' in Latin. As its name suggests, it is a fiery weapon... A claymore that glows yellow and orange, even in broad daylight. Its light is obvious even under the glare of the sun; and it is the sun at night. It is a blade that only holy knights, the Paladins, can hope to wield.

In its world, like any other, dark and light are always at war with one another. Although the light pushes to keep the dark at bay, the dark always manages to strike back... Ardin'solaris know that they are fighting a losing battle. It knows, because it has a mind of its own, and it had been observing this war for more than a century. It knew that every light will cast a shadow. The two will always coexist, and one cannot survive without the other.

Like they said, a sword chooses its bearer, not the other way round. The sword has no heir; once a Paladin falls with the blade in hand, the sword will somehow find its way to the next Paladin... Of course, Paladins are living things too... They have their own desires to fulfill. No matter how holy their teachings may be, no matter how righteous they think they are... Their emotions and greatest desires will overpower their discipline.

For every light will always cast a shadow...

A war cry shook the earth, and the group of men charged forward. At the front, a male riding on his trusted white steed led the way. Strapped to his back was the legendary blade itself... Behind, hundreds of men followed on foot, their armor glistering in the sunlight and the light from Ardin'solaris. Their moral was high, and into the ruined town they marched, slicing down all the demons in their way.

"There are survivors in there!"

"Yes, we must make haste... Come, man! To victory!"

Soaked in blood from their foes, the Paladins fought. Some stood at the sidelines and healed their fellow soldiers, making sure nobody would fall to the dark. Then, as they reached the end of the enemy lines, everyone halted to a stop. Shocked silence filled the men as they took in the sight that met them.

Hundreds of heads, faces twisted with agony and pain, were piled on the red earth. Some bodies had been impaled into wooden stakes, and from the body postures, they had been staked alive. Some were still twitching slightly, dying a slow and painful death.

The Paladins were crushed; they had arrived too late. Which demon could have done such a thing? As more demons launched a sudden attack, they fell, one by one, their spirits falling. When only three of them stood, they backed away and were cornered.

The leader turned to his lieutenant, and placed a huge hand on his shoulder. Then, he turned to his only family, the other surviving Paladin. Fighting back strong emotions, he turned his attention back to his lieutenant.

"Please, Uniusal, take good care of my younger brother."

"Captain! No!" The lieutenant yelled as his beloved captain charged into the group of demons that were advancing on them, trying to weaken down their forces enough for the two to escape.

"This ends... Now." Julios whispered as he downed the demons as they came, screaming for his blood. The sword did not fail him, and fought by his side. However, by the end of the battle, he was tired. He stuck the mighty blade into the blood soaked ground, and panted heavily. A thick blanket of dust swirled around him, the remains of his fierce battle in this battlefield, and even Ardin'solaris' light could hardly penetrate through it.

"Uniusal, it is safe now!" He cried out, his voice no longer as loud as before. "Uniusal? Uniusal! Are you safe?"

"Oh, don't worry... I provided him with a quick death. Of course, I can't say the same for these poor townsfolk. I could still hear their screams for help as they died..."

"Karios? Is that-"

The great man never did finish his sentence, as his own sword was pierced though his stomach. The bearer was his brother, the one he had fought so hard just to protect and keep from harm... The brother he grew up with, and shared so many lovely memories with... The brother he loved and cared for deeply.

"Brother, why... Why..."

As his vision faded, and his voice became weak, Ardin'solaris glowed in a deep red. Absorbing the Paladin's blood, it changed in color and purpose. Now, it had been corrupted. Its bearer, Karious, killed his own brother due to jealousy. The blood had been spilled, and there was no turning back for both it and its current wielder.

Every light, will cast a shadow.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:57 am
.:Regular Soquili:.

User Image

Colorist wanted:
Imp!
Name of horse:
Vitiosus Ardin'solaris
Owner:
Dragain
Temper (one word for horse's personality):
Corrupted
Breed:
Reincarnated Sword
Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
He is going to be based of an imaginary sword! If you want the references to make sense more, please read the short story here.

Build: If possible, use the "bulkier" lines with the hoof down? It suits him more, being based off a claymore.
Facial expression: This is optional, but a blank expression is good.
Eyes: Glowing emerald green (there is an emerald drilled into the hilt of the sword on both sides)
Hair: Long and messy black hair, tinged with red to represent blood (the huge, long blade of the sword, forever tainted with Julios' blood).
Tail: Long and messy silver tail, tinged with red to represent blood (representing the uncorrupted side of the blade and demon's blood).
Hoofs: Black / Dark grey
Body: Mainly bronze-ish/brown-ish colored (hilt of the sword as its where all the decorations on a real sword go), with scar-like markings running across his whole body - legs, belly, back, neck, face. The scars are actually scratches from battle, but since he is a sword, he doesn't technically 'bleed', so the "scars" are a shade lighter than his main fur color like scratched metal.
Glowing orange runes cover his two front legs while similar glowing red runes cover his two hind legs (the front and back of the hilt has different colored runes). Rune designs up to you.
If possible, I would like to have his body glow a faint deep red.
Accessories / other edits: A necklace made of skulls with a "sun" pendent; if possible, have it wound around his neck two or three times? I want it to appear long, but I don't want it to drag on the ground / be too loose. Its up to you how you wish to interpret it.
Also, a red tattered scarf/cloth wrapped around part of his neck, legs (near the hoofs) and maybe "woven" into his tail. Its up to you as this is optional and is here if you want to play with the idea of a claymore bound with cloth.

Reference Image(s):
Soquili Character Sheet - Base (c) Mindsend
As a Kitsusagi - With necklace and red "scarf"
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult):
Adult
Default accessory color(s)?:
-
Tag Frame color:
Black
Tag Feather color:
'Bloodied'? But color of your choosing.
Background picture:
A burnt piece of land, ravaged by war? Wasteland?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 am
.Side quest 1.
.:Uni Soquili:.

User Image

Colorist wanted: ....
Name of horse: Nastiras
Owner: Dragain
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Proud
Breed: Unicorn (?)
Description (horn/tail colors/eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
Before I start, I'll like to say that the "clothing/armor" design was loosely based off the t5 armor for Priests in WoW, and I guess you can look at it for references as well? If you feel inspired to modify the Nas!Soq because of the t5 armor, feel free to do so. The only thing that absolutely has to be there is the scarf.

Although the reference images should be clear enough, I will now briefly describe her body colors and hair. If something doesn't make sense, please look at the references!
xoBody: Her base pelt is an off-white, with different shades of red spiraling up her legs/thighs and part of her body (this can be up to your interpretation rather than going "by the reference images") and gold "dusting" the top of her body (forehead all the way down to her tail). On her forehead (where the horn is) there is a symbol of the Horde.
xoHair: Long, flowy and has an "elegant" feel to it. It is not entirely straight, curling/spiraling near the tips. A headband is placed, causing the back of her hair to be a little "puffy". The headband has two "tassels" on each side - the fluff on the tassel is white, with the metal part holding on to the tassel being silver.
xoTail: Long, flowy and rather puffy. The end of her tail is tied up in a rather neat and tight 'bun' that almost kisses the floor.
xoHoofs/Horn: Both are blue with a gold lining (like the t5 armor). The horn has a tinge of silver though, going 'around' it.
xoEyes: Slightly silted (think cats/Asians) glowing green eyes.
xoExpression: A light smirk/half-smile.
Reference Image(s):
Horde Symbol
Reference Image for Base Pelt Color + Hair Style and Color!
For the clothing/armor edits, I have two versions. The only difference between the two is the fact that one has a 'halo' and the other has the 'halo' implemented on the headband design. There are two reasons for this, one being I realize some colorists might not be comfy with making a halo (since its a floating piece of clothing), and two being the halo is white/silver and might not be seen against a white background (on the cert, etc). There is also a "blue" variation of the clothing, the colors taken from the t5 armor set that it was inspired by, instead of "blood elf colors".
Halo version
Halo-on-hairband version
Blue clothing version (Halo shown)
The reason why I showed all these different versions? Well, I can't make up my mind on which version to use; the blue version contrasts with the body colors well, but the red/original version brings out the "blood elf" feel. So, I'll like you to help me make the decision, based on what you think looks best.

The "chains" and the cloth over her back ("saddle"/tabard) are not attached together! The chains just go under the cloth so it looks that way. xD
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: N/A
Tag frame color: Up to yours discretion.
Tag feather color: Red and gold? Or Red tipped with gold.
Hair/clothing edits (if any):
Refer to references!
Extra: At the bottom of the cert, please put "WoW Blood Elf OC". Also, may I have her "unclothed" picture please, if she is chosen?

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 am
.:Edited Regular Soquili:.

User Image

Colorist wanted: ...
Name of horse: Solrock
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Quiet
Breed: Pokemon
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Please refer to references!
Reference image(s):
These are very important, but please read under "edits" to know the details. <3
Main reference - Lines (c) Mindsend
Body markings & colors - Lines (c) Mindsend
My initial Solrock inspiration - The hair band idea is from that artist
Default accessory color(s)?: N/A
Tag frame color: CC
Tag feather color: CC
Hair/clothing edits:
Please read the stuff here! Its quite important.
His mane/hair style is actually up to your interpretation as long as its sleek and not too long... No kiss-the-floor hair styles!
His tail, however, is really long - it is as sleek as his mane is, but its long enough to pool a little on the ground behind him.
If you want to balance out the brighter shades of orange used in the edits, feel free to add accessories to his legs - I think some bracelets or maybe legs guards might do the trick?
Extra:
At the bottom of the cert, "Pokemon cosplay - Solrock".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 am
.:Regular Soquili:.
PS. I have Niss' permission to use Hisoka as a reference. <3
Name of horse: Akiyo
Temper: Aloof
Breed: Spirited
Description:
Eye Color - Golden yellow
Base body color - Black
Facial Markings - Red markings like this but with the lower stripes filled in like this.
Body Markings - Similar to Hisoka’s but can be rearranged and redesigned however you like.
Reference image(s):
Hisoka/Pelt/Lanterns
Wolf mask 1
Wolf mask 2
Marking examples - 1 2 3(bottom picture) 4
Mock-up
Which stage you want them to start as?: Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: NA
Tag frame color: CC
Tag feather color: CC
Hair/clothing edits:
Hair - Relatively messy and long, tied up in a loose ponytail to stop it from flying about. So length-wise, it will be like the default wild hair style. You can use this as a guide sort of. The ties in his hair should be red. His hair itself should be black.
Accessory - He should be wearing a rope with lanterns hanging down from it like Hisoka. The rope should be white, the lanterns should be reddish orange like Hisoka’s.
Pelt on back - He should be wearing a wolf pelt (without limbs) draped over his shoulders, like Hisoka's. It should be black/dark grey in color and look rough rather than fluffy. A large wolf fang secures the pelt at the front.
Leg fluff - It should be rough and longer than the average soquili’s. A bit like a cross between Angeni and Cerynei leg fluff in the length and texture.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:29 am
Donations
If you wish to donate, I'll really appreciate it! <3

mew-neko
mindsend
Rabid-White-Mongoose

Thank you, guys! <3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:23 am
Low piority:
These Soqs are not really on my 'must have' list, because they do not have plots. xD;

.:Edited Regular Soquili:.

Colorist wanted: King
Name of horse: "Empress" Boa Hancock
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Complex
Breed: Cosplay (?)
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
Colors:
Hair/Mane - Ebony black
Eyes - Ebony black
Main body color - Either skin color (color in references) or a pale pink, as long as its lighter than the pink on her 'clothing'.
Hoofs - Black
For other stuff, please refer to references! Also, everything is listed at the bottom under 'edits'. Cosplay of Boa Hancock from One Piece, if it helps.
Reference image(s): Full picture with snake (Accurate colors)
Full picture with snake (Black and white)
Close up on face, and thus, her snake earrings
Cloak design
If you think it'll help, here is a wiki page on her.
Default accessory color(s)?: None
Tag frame color: Any shade of complimentary pink.
Tag feather color: Any shade of complimentary pink.
Hair/clothing edits: Refer to references again, but I'll briefly go through how to make her clothing fit on a horse; you may alter my design as you see fit. (:

1. On her back is a tattoo that she is ashamed of and will never show, so in the horse adaption of her clothing, change it into a cloak like the one in the references; up to you if you wish to keep the hood on the cloak. The important thing is to retain the pattern as shown in the colored reference (the pattern found on her clothes). Drape the cloak over her body (covering up to three quarters of it is fine), so that it covers up her back, but most of the cloak should be behind her. If you wish to do something else you think can represent her better, go ahead!
2. Hair is nothing really fancy. Go according to her human hair, make it ebony, straight and long enough to touch the ground; make it elegant-looking. For her tail, do the same.
3. For her snake earrings, feel free to incorporate them into her hair (like a clip/hair accessory) since its kinda hard to fit such huge earrings on the mare's ears. If you can do the earrings, it'll be awesome!
4. Now comes the one of the most important part of her character design - the pink pet boa wearing a skull that appears everywhere with her. I mean, even her name has the word "Boa" in it! Hopefully this can be done, but I have an alternative installed... Give her a fuzzy boa colored like her pet snake. Either way, have it curl/wrap around her body or leg(s) in some way, as you see fit.
If planning to do the snake, it doesn't have to be giantic, but large enough to show that its one bigger-than-average boa.

Willing to pay the full clothing price for the snake.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:33 am
Hehe... Nas is popular. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:04 pm
Psst. Good luck with your quest!  

Kaiyumi

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 pm
Thank you. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 am
Tried for Ardin in Ende's slots, and failed. xD Might make him edited.  

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:22 am
BELF SOQ~! heart
I want one of my warlock so bad, but it's gonna have to wait until I've gotten her to at least 60.

... Right now she's at 10.

Good luck with all of your quests, though!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:57 am
Yes! Blood elf! xD <33 I'm still working out her outfit and everything though.
And Warlocks are so sexy; I would play one if my boyfriend isn't one already.

Thank you, and good luck with the leveling!  

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 am
Rabid donated a huge part of the funds for Nastiras, so I'm almost able to try for her! <3  
Questing HQ

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff