Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Tonight.co.za Interview with RyRo.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:53 pm
Tonight.co.za
My telephonic interview with Panic at the Disco turned out to be a royal disaster, wrought in much, errr … panic.

A last-minute miscommunication with the band's agent had me in a frenetic state the night before, after I was told that I needed to phone California for the interview at 6am.

The panic even involved a midnight argument with a stubborn Vodacom call centre agent, who gave me the old, "No we can't, ma'm, its procedure" crap about making the international call.

Grumpily, I went to bed.

After three hours of sleep, blurry-eyed and sleep-deprived, I phone guitarist Ryan Ross via my flatmate's Skype.

Five minutes into the interview we are cut off. Panicking some more, thinking it's my fault, I call back, but Ross tells me he is stuck in the mountains somewhere in California, so the line is bad. We get cut off about five more times and he apologises profusely each time.

I was more than happy to keep it short and go back to sleep and to my delight he was a man of a few words.

The band, which is originally from Las Vegas, has just relocated to California. Why? "Well, there's nothing really in Vegas. We moved because there's more culture here and the bands we like are here."

About South Africa he says: "We've never been there or heard anything about it, but we're excited to check it out."

The band doesn't have any gigs planned until they come here as they are working on recording a new album, about which he discloses absolutley nothing.

Panic at the Disco is known to have a strong theatrical element to their live shows, with can-can dancers and vaudeville, but for their show in South Africa, Ross says: "We are not allowed to do any of those crazy things unless we are headlining, which we're not, sadly."

Their live shows are also known for including covers, such as Radiohead's Karma Police and Nelly Furtado's Maneater, but for their gig here Ross hints at perhaps throwing in an Isley Brothers cover.

Speaking about the festivals headline act, British rockers Oasis, Ross says: "We have never played with Oasis or seen them live before, but it should be cool."

Short and sweet.

I try to play on his paranoia and freak him out a bit about Johannesburg being voted one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

"Uhhh, I don't mind playing there, as long as I come back with at least some of my limbs," he jokes nervously and with that the conversation ends, thankfully.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:56 pm
Not any help on the who "his side of the story" thing so sorta dissapointed but actually, not much information at all came from that interview.  

music is living

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:44 pm
I wish they would talk more about the new album. surprised

And, the "We are not allowed to do any of those crazy things unless we are headlining, which we're not, sadly," comment gives me hope that they will be doing crazy things in their near-future headliner. <3

I think it's funny that the journalist called him a "man of few words" because sometimes Ryan is really quiet, but other times he won't shut up. xD (not that I mind!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm
music is living
Not any help on the who "his side of the story" thing so sorta dissapointed but actually, not much information at all came from that interview.

I think the journalist's intention was to get information on what Panic thinks about playing South Africa. He probably doesn't even know about the Ryan-Keltie thing. And, for all we know, this interview could have taken place before the break up even occurred.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

music is living

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 pm
PrimeOdd
music is living

I think the journalist's intention was to get information on what Panic thinks about playing South Africa. He probably doesn't even know about the Ryan-Keltie thing. And, for all we know, this interview could have taken place before the break up even occurred.

very true, I guess we'll just have to wait some more. lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:32 pm
This isn't my favourtie interview but they did keep getting cut off so...yeah.
I want new on the new album.

Fragile Panic

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 pm
I wish the writer had more quotes.
And what does it mean that the conversation ends, "thankfully"?! surprised

But I'm thankful that Ryan is somewhere up in the mountains...again. whee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 pm
Hmm.
Okay, I dont think any of the Panic members will get too messed up because, well, they have Zack.
And, he wouldnt let anything bad happen to them.
:]  

VickyT_089

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:31 am
VickyT_089
Hmm.
Okay, I dont think any of the Panic members will get too messed up because, well, they have Zack.
And, he wouldnt let anything bad happen to them.
:]

My friend's favorite Panic member is Zack.
Just tthough I'd let you know.
xD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Zack is the most awesomest bodyguard sine french fries.
LOL.

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

aevita

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 am
takashi_sahoko

Zack is the most awesomest bodyguard sine french fries.
LOL.

Agreed (;  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces