Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Seph's weight loss wedding plans. 19lbs gone 25 to go! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:33 am
At the start of last year I put on quite a bit of weight thanks to a sudden change in eating habits because I moved in with my partner. In about two months I put on 12kg thanks to white bread, pasta and cheese. Because of my IBS it's difficult to even attempt to diet as I can't eat most fruit or veg. Until I can find a cheap enough gym it's home excersising and no snacking during meals!
My fiance is absolutely wonderful and always says he loves me as I am, but I have so many great clothes that I want to wear again and would love to look great in time for our wedding.

I want to either go back to my original weight (73kg) or lower before October (we're getting married on the 17th) as along with the wedding I've also got some special cosplays planned for the week after.

I'm currently 187lbs/85kg and want to get down to ideally 65kg.

I personally don't go by BMI as it doesn't take into account body frame, and having a large frame I don't want to be too thin that it doesn't look good on me.
According to BMI even my target weight is just borderline healthy but I think under 65kg (BMI ideal weight 50-65kg) just isn't going to look good on me given my shape and frame. Taking into account body frame however my suggested ideal weight is between 63-70kg so that's what I'm aiming for.
Bust - 46
Waist - 36
Hips - 45

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

19th April:
Bust - 44
Waist - 34
Hips - 44
Weight - 78kg/172lbs

27th April:
Bust - 43
Waist - 32.5
Hips - 43
Weight 76kg/167lbs  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:09 pm
wow my start weight was 85kg too! Good luck!  

Iconised Ghost

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:18 pm
Thanks! (You're only 2cm taller than me too!)
Looking great in your photos btw, only a little more to go!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm
Welcome!

Try university gyms, or gyms at the pool if there's no university around. Most university gyms are sub par at worst, or really good at best. A gym at the pool will be decent and usually will cost you the same as a pool visit.

Congratulations on your marriage! I gained weight for the same reasons but I'm not getting married for another year or two. ._.  

Lady Schist

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:50 am
Thanks! I managed to completely forget about the gym at uni! >< I don't think it's too expensive either. I'd love to go swimming again but there's none near us. We used to have a pool across the road from our apartment but it closed right before we moved there. T.T (Plus swimming would kill my hair in about a week now)

Congratulations to you too!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 am
It's not even just swimming, most pools also have a gym, and it's usually the best quality for your money gym around. Ie: University gyms can sometimes be very bad, but often they're free, or like, five bucks a visit. Pool gyms are usually decent, and often cost 3.50 - 4.50 per visit. (Whatever the pool charge is)  

Lady Schist

Mesic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:32 am
Can I just say, you look supercute in your Seras outfit? :3
... lucky girl, being able to make your own dream wedding dress. D:

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 pm
Ah I wish it was that cheap here, just the pools are around £4. Couldn't even find one with a gym that you didn't need a membership for. O.o Luckily I've mananged to find out about a gym through a friend for just £15 a month about 5 mins walk from where I live! Our uni gym is £4.30 a pop so I'm going to try the other one (though uni does have a climbing wall).

Thanks so much Mesic! I'm not too sure if I'm going my make my own yet I don't think I'd have the patience to work with the chiffon (plus I'm making the Angel of Death from Hellboy II during the summer so that's going to be pretty time consuming). I have tried this one on though:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A558
It's £740 so not too bad considering some of the other dresses and my commissions will be able to pay for it. X3

Food:
Done pretty well today, easier than I thought to cut out snacks. I had a flare up at 4am this morning which was fun so I had to skip breakfast at home so I could actually go to uni.
Had a chicken sandwich on brown bread when I got in at 11.
Was planning on having ham/cucumber sandwich with salmon tonight but Tesco failed me and didn't have the right salmon, so I just went for the sandwich with a little cheese and some orange juice (which probably wasn't a good idea).

Chicken sandwich - 240
Ham/cucumber/cheese - 500
Orange juice - 250
Total = 990  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Mesic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 pm
Oooooh, that's just too gorgeous.
It's like, the Perfect Wedding dress!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 am
Thanks ^^

Been doing fairly well the last couple of days.
Friday
Had breakfast in uni, a few waffles, a strip of bacon and a sausage. - 350
Lunch was a chicken sandwich - 240
Egg rice for tea - 450

Saturday - We decided to go to the zoo!
Skipping breakfast because I was cooking.
Lunch was a tub full of cucumber cubes in vinegar and pepper (yes it's weird but tastes awesome!) with a little egg rice. Around 400 cals
Dinner was chicken stir fry which tasted awesome! - 550

Sunday was a day of too much orange juice! I rarely have it but I had major cravings for it.
Breakfast was cereal - 200
Skipped lunch, wasn't hungry
Dinner was pizza with half the toppings removed (fussy about my pizza toppings) - 600

Monday
Had some corn flakes this morning before uni - 150
Ham panini for lunch - 400
Chicken stir fry again because it's awesome - 550.

Ibs has been less than great thanks to the orange juice and rushing to get an assignment done, though I'm not feeling so bloated which is always good.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 pm
What a beautiful wedding dress! Wow. <3

I know you're going to look absolutely gorgeous for your wedding!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:38 am
Thanks so much! ^^ I'm hoping to order it next week though I'm a little worried about the fitting now. XP Not sure which size to order anymore as I really don't want to spend lots on alterations.

I'm rubbish at updating! DX
Been doing really well with food recently though no change in weight. (At least I know that maintaining a weight isn't going to be an issue!) I've started a diet recommended for IBS sufferers today. Today has been a small meal for breakfast and lunch then I'll have soup in the evening with lots of water during the day which is great now it's started to get hotter.
I'm now dreading the thought of having to take in all my costumes though I am looking forward to making the new ones I've planned.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 pm
Really getting into this diet. Had a chocolate shake for breakfast, soup for dinner and another shake tonight. Got really hungry this afternoon but I'd not been drinking much and it was before my meal anyway.

Going to be weighing myself weekly so I'm looking forward to next Tuesday. I'm heading down to Argos too to get myself a stepper so I can get a good amount of exercise from now on.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:40 pm
hiiii!
just stopped in to say welcome and good luck!!
oh by the way that dress is absolutley gorgeous!  

AoiMakura

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:04 am
Thanks so much! Good luck to you too!

Just had my second meal of the day and I'm getting a little bored of the soup. It's not overly great tasting so I'm tempted to switch to something else. Bought my stepper today and it's awesome, I'm going to be doing 30 mins a day on it and we already walk everywhere. Weighed myself this morning and I was down to 81.5kg! I can't wait to see what it's like after a week.
Living on the same road as Subway is not helping though! I have to walk past it whenever I go out and god it smells good. T.T  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff