Reply Life Issues & Fashion
@ people who dye their hair.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:09 pm
I suppose this is both a rant and advice. I'm sick of seeing people with poorly done, faded hair that could have looked amazing. All un-natural color hair dyes only bind with your hair rather then chemically modify it so they don’t tend to have the same damaging effects as other hair dyes (although most people must bleach their hair before dying it an un-natural color). For this reason this dye can be left in your hair for longer then is recommended on the bottle, much longer. This creates a much more vibrant color that will last longer then if you had followed the instructions on the bottle. You’ll look better and get more value out of the dye as you won’t have to re-apply as frequently.
The only brands I have used are special effects and manic panic, I recommend the former as it seems of higher quality and the bottle is easier to deal with when applying. Hair dyes of this variety usually advise that you leave the product in your hair for all of 15 minutes. I usually sleep with mine in, so I get about 8 hours for the dye to adhere to my hair. Please don’t do this with any other hair dye, your hair well become over processed and probably either fall out or feel like dry nasty straw.
Try and find a way to keep your hair moist, don’t put water on it or anything but get a shower cap or wrap plastic on your head. Also if you sleep with it in put a not so nice towel on your pillow so you don’t get dye all over your bed.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:32 am
User Image
oh so Extravagant...

Thanks for that.
I use either Herbal Essence or Revlon and both seem to work perfectly fine, my hair isn't that damaged at all.
Obviously I don't use the brands for dying my hair funky colours. -shrug-

I'm not sure if that was even relevant :/

User Image

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

Obeydontstray

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 pm
I've used Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink. I've got extremely dark hair so we bleached the sections I wanted done for at least 2 hours then dyed the pink in and left it for half an hour or so. It wasn't pink cause of mhy natural hair dye but it was a wonderful reddish color. I washed mine and it didn't fade a whole lot at a time.

I'm gonna dye again and I'm thinking purple this time.

Anyway my tips are to when you do wash your hair, wash it with cold water. Well as cold as you can stand it anyway. And if you dye your whole head of hair the one color you can mix a lil of the dye into your conditioner so it helps reinforce the color. Also I hear rinsing with white vinegar right after you dye ups the PH balance of your hair, thus helping the color stay longer.

Oh and I used pin straight Herbal Essences shampoo and the color protection version for my conditioner.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games