Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Instead of Burt's Bees...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ink Stitchling

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:18 pm
I'm vegetarian, not a vegan (yet), but I am cutting out small things here and there as I able. What lip balm can you use? I was looking through the "natural" section of a nearby drugstore, and every stick of lip balm I found had beeswax. Also, what's a good inexpensive facial moisturizer that doesn't have a scary list of unpronounceable ingredients?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 pm
There is one brand that I buy in Nature's pantry. I forgot the name, but I think its called "Tea break" or "Coffee break"  

English is illegal on her

QueenMaeve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 pm
I have some called "Perk" (crazyrumors.com). I absolutely love the French Vanilla! I actually bought some on clearance in a Claires or Icing accessory store. They're cruelty free and vegan and make your lips feel silky smooth.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 am
Plus lush sells a few vegan lipsticks.  

English is illegal on her

einparket

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 am
i use carmex for lips.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:51 pm
Kiss My Face and Jason Naturals have good lip balm and i LOVE their moisturizer (I use the Kiss My Face Patchouli, but the olive and aloe one is really good for the face)  

jaffa kreee

Lacto Ovo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:27 pm

I use Pepsi.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:12 pm
QueenMaeve
I have some called "Perk" (crazyrumors.com). I absolutely love the French Vanilla! I actually bought some on clearance in a Claires or Icing accessory store. They're cruelty free and vegan and make your lips feel silky smooth.

YAY! I also use beauty without cruelty's lipstick,  

Lady Schist

Catherine teh Vegan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:46 pm
As several others have said,Crazy rumours is awesome. And they're 100% vegan.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:54 am
Ink Stitchling
I'm vegetarian, not a vegan (yet), but I am cutting out small things here and there as I able. What lip balm can you use? I was looking through the "natural" section of a nearby drugstore, and every stick of lip balm I found had beeswax. Also, what's a good inexpensive facial moisturizer that doesn't have a scary list of unpronounceable ingredients?

I have trouble with that, but what I have found is that you can use other things. Most conditioners have good moisturizers in them and are not greasy, they are even good for your face. I used to have bad acne, but when I switched from a moisturizing cleanser (it's a weird story, I ran out of it one day and read my conditioner, found it had basically the same ingredients as my cleanser and I think you know the rest) to the conditioner, it actually cleared away much more and my face didn't get as greasy. Message me if you want to know the ingredients to look for and what you don't want, I have experience in things like that.  

Mei Megami

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff