Reply Music - Related Topics
I don't like X, but...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I hate X, but I like Y example of X.
  That's hypocritical.
  There's always an exception to the rule.
  Variety is the spice of life.
View Results

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 am
A post in another thread just inspired me. Is there a genre or style or theme or trend or instrument you hate, but for some reason, there's one (or a small few) artist who you like despite it? For example-

I find the saxophone to be a shrill and annoying instrument, but I love the Bauhaus songs that use it.

I hate the entire crunk trend, but ironically, I generally like Lil Jon's music. Ironic, of course, because he was the one who started the trend in the first place and even gave the trend it's name.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 pm
I love the sound of the violin but I really dislike it in The Cruxshadows songs. Oh wait, thats the opposite of what this thread is about. confused  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:33 pm
Digital Malevolence
I love the sound of the violin but I really dislike it in The Cruxshadows songs. Oh wait, thats the opposite of what this thread is about. confused

This technically fits the idea of the thread, so use it as you wish.

I love women with deeper, fuller voices, but I hate Emilie Autumn's voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:39 pm
Funny thing is I can't really imagine The Cruxshadows without the violin.

I honestly can't stand the post-hardcore sound, yet for some reason I like Funeral for a Friend.  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:30 pm
I don't enjoy a strong number of electronic bands, unless the genre is (Throbbing Gristle/SPK era) industrial or noise.

However, I admit to liking Nine Inch Nails (Downward Spiral album, anyway) and Skinny Puppy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm
Most of the time, i really loath the succesfull rappers on MTV, like snoop dog, 50 cent, p-diddy and so on.... but for some reason im crazy about EMINEM, i cant get enough of him.

And black metal. Most (or allmost) of the time, all the bands sounds and looks the same. It really tells me nothing. But Satyricon have made some really good tracks, i must confess. And falkenbach's more black mteal inspiret numbers are also good, but hey, that man is a genious when it comes to folk and black metal ^^

Digital Malevolence

Funny, thats what i think is the most awsome thing about them, the songs with violins in them. But fair enough, everyone have's different taste.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 am
I don't usually like country music, but I like Josh Turner's songs, I don't know why.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm
I generally hate metal, but for some odd reason I can't get enough Kamelot.  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces