Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
YOU ARE ALL SHEEPLE, GO BACK TO YOUR NEW AGE PEN. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anarchy4Freedom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 am
User ImageUser Image

"Wake up neo..."

Since this post is still here despite my request to have it removed (which says a lot about your 'respectful' guild) I have the right to defend the crap you are all throwing my way.

Gho the Girl you are wrong on so many counts.

The 'rite' as you label is has no copyright and has a standard method of practice ritual, how is that copying when I am referring to the historical nature of a centuries old rite? You are picking at finite detail as a way to simply have a go at me for the sake of it, because you simply don't like the service I provide, get over it.

There were posts on this first page that attacked me (before I'd even uttered a reply, they were hateful, and anything, but 'respectful') and my service from the offset, I was defensive, which is a normal human response when one is under attack, and you call yourselves a respectful community, you are not, unless that is we are all falling in line like good little sheeple.

You don't have real debates here, though you are deluded into believing you do, this is why I named you sheeple, (point in case) because as soon as I disagreed with you, you were all anything, but respectful, I wasn't allowed to have any kind of response to all your hate, lest it be less then the maturity of your guild (which is highly debatable given the original hate I received from you all before I'd even uttered a response)

None of you are honest about what happened here, instead you are all pointing the fingers so you don't have to face up to how you actually all behaved (wrongly, in case you needed it pointing out) and were never respectful to me (hence my response to you all) because you find it easier to point blame and hate my way then wake up and open your eyes to a possible different reality to the one you are all clearly conditioned to.

You give pagans a bad name.

I have the right to freedom of expression  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:41 am
Seraphimia
Merry meet and merry ye part
Why? You're not actually meeting me.
Quote:

I don't know if this allowed here, but I wanted to let you all know that my staff and I have started a new Handfasting Blessing Ceremony service.
By what authority are you actually handfasting people? What credentials do you have? How many have you done? What kinds of handfastings do you do? Do you know any of the history behind them?

Does anyone else find it ironic that the minishop is set up in direct opposition to the nature of Marriage by Consent?

Quote:
Blessed be!
What blessing and by whose authority!?

What the hell is this?  

TeaDidikai

`Blaise

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:25 am
TeaDidikai
What the hell is this?

my thoughts exactly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 am
`Blaise
TeaDidikai
What the hell is this?

my thoughts exactly.
You should read their response to me in their thread. It was "cute".

Even BETTER! She Iggied me because I warned her.

Actually, I kind of wish someone would point out the violation of UN policy with her culture rape in the forum.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:08 pm
It's not really handfasting, I have no idea what it's doing here.
It's gaia weddings. Meant to be taken about as seriously as Monty Python.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:48 pm
TeaDidikai
`Blaise
TeaDidikai
What the hell is this?

my thoughts exactly.
You should read their response to me in their thread. It was "cute".

blargh. the idea is cute, but getting married/united/whatever on gaia is kind of creepy. and sad.  

`Blaise

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:59 pm
I found the whole thing stupid and a waste of space. Interesting that she got so offended when Tea was warning her about plagerism.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:20 pm
I walked into this thread before you posted, took one look at the actual shop thread and said to myself, "******** this, someone else can deal with this one, I have end of the quarter work to do"

So thank you Tea for taking the bullet for me. ^.^

EDIT

Oh look I can edit posts. Don't you just love how this girl ignore lists half the guild and then keeps coming back for more? How many of us who have been ignore listed even bother reading this thread anymore?  

Recursive Paradox

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:13 pm
Eh, I was sort of indifferent to the idea. My SO isn't on Gaia enough for a pixel handfasting to mean anything xd

And yea...the whole "I'm Gaia-married/handfasted" thing is just...odd.

Is handfasting really a Celt ceremony?

I wonder how long she's been in this guild, actually. I don't think very long if she's bitching and moaning about being called out on plagiarism rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:22 pm
I feel so knowledgeless. Would one of the more knowledgeable and non-busy members fill us relatively new and ignorant pagans (namely me) in on what hand-fastings actually are? I've heard of them only in the most loose and probably inaccurate settings.  

Gho the Girl

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 am
Seraphimia

You call your selves pagan I don't think you know what that is in the real world, because you are not what I have encountered as pagan IRL, quite the opposite.

You play at been pagan and don't live it from what I can see.

Just a heads up- pagan is a very broad term. It counts amongst it's definitions, 'anyone who is not of an abrahamic faith' 'polytheistic faiths' 'nature centred faiths' and many more. So your predefined view of what a 'pagan' should really be probrably falls short when it comes to the wealth of stuff out there.
Not all pagans are the same.

And thats the thing, you can't see how we live day to day. You can't see my morning and evening prayers, my weekly devotions and monthly observances. You can't see how I apply my religions ethics and values to my daily life. You can't see if I'm 'living pagan' at all, whatever that is.
--

Moving on, I had no idea handfasting was celtic in origin. The modern neopagan version is completely different I assume.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 am
Seraphimia
Really nice people here... NOT!

WHAT? YOU DON'T THINK I'M NICE???
OH DEAR HOWEVER SHALL I GO ON LIVING???
rolleyes
Quote:
I started the handfasting up as a way to INCLUDE after the whole homophobic wedding service fiasco during the valentines event and as for pointing out plagiarism to me, why on earth did he not just PM me.

Because a PM can feel more like an attack then a post in a thread?
We're not saying your service is any more silly than the Gaia Wedding service; they're both equally kind of silly 3nodding
Quote:

Stating on someone's thread like that is pointing the finger and not very nice
in my book. A 'considerate' and friendly nudge would've been to pm me, but no!

I honestly don't give two flying ******** what is "nice" in your book.
Would you rather have people be nice than correct you?
And as I said above, sometimes PMs can come across to be of an attack than if they are posted in a thread.
And now, because of Tea's post other people who happen to stumble on it are aware of plagiarism rules in the ToS if they weren't aware of it earlier.

Quote:
You call your selves pagan I don't think you know what that is in the real world,

I don't think you know what it is in the real world either if you're throwing a hissy fit over a service on a pixel website that has no real-life, legal meaning to it being called into question either.
I'm Pagan because I worship gods that don't include the God of Abraham. If you want to add some silly fluff-and-hugs meaning to it that's your own business and I am under no obligation to add that to the definition I already follow.
Quote:
because you are not what I have encountered as pagan IRL, quite the opposite.

And funnily enough, you are EXACTLY like the Pagans I have encountered in real life; You cry on and on like you're wounded at the simplest questioning or correction.

Quote:
You play at been pagan and don't live it from what I can see.

As stated above, I worship non-Abrahamic gods. What other extra "really live it" definitions are you tacking on?
Why does being Pagan suddenly mean I have to blow sunshine up your a**?
Since you are the one whining about being corrected when there is already so much misinformation floating around, I'd say you were the one who plays at Pagan neutral

Quote:
Handfasting was the original marriage of the Celts and was a legalised wedding until the Romans came along. Up until about the 50's it was still legally recognised in Scotland.

PROOF.
YOU NEED IT.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:57 am
She left