Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Incompetience at it's finest.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:07 pm
okay... I know this will sound incredably noobish... but I've got a hammerhead tank, a squad of half painted tau (mom's work) and a base coated squad of kroot. (olive green.) ...and well the only thing I've painted are marines and skeletons. ((very simple colour scheme. )) I've also done some good work on sigular model's but with these tau I've hit a wall...

I'm planning to make them T'au with the tan/gold armor... and I have all the colours needed but I'm not sure of the order the paints go in... ^_^;

Also I'm wondering what would a good colour be for a powersword? I've seen some green, and purple, simple metal one's any recomendations?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 pm
When Im paint powerswords I either go with a blue look, or I go for a metal one giving it a soft wash of Asurmen blue.  

Shinobi_8745

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:51 pm
The Power Sword for my Inquisitor I made it an emerald sword. surprised

But yea, if you wanna go with the classic or typical Powersword look, a light blue or metal like Shinobi said, though I say enchanted blue or Ice Blue dusting looks better.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 pm
for my powerswords, theyre all different colors, the basic outline for all of them though, is id do a base coat (for this example im going to "do" a red sword" of a 50/50 black/red coat. then do a fairly heavily drybrushed coat of red. i would then drybrush orange or yellow from the center out, leaving a fairly thick red line around the edge of the sword. afterwards, i would water down yellow paint, and get a light coat of paint on, in a lightning effect. then go over those lines with a watered down white...
i dont know if that all made sense but im sure you'll get ideas from whatever sense you can make of it.
smile good luck  

RevlinHeartsblood

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces