Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Guild Home Page... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll for your pleasure...
  ...yum...thanks....
View Results

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:51 pm
has it had a revamp? xd

also.. your not going to find may Irish people that like us Brits.... there is a culture of hate down there... O.o

so. discuss people who dont like us British and their madness... eek xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:01 pm
Which homepage is it?

And madness is good. Well, to some. XD  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:04 pm
You mean they don't like the British because they seized their homeland and refuse to give them their independance? I'm in shock, really. rolleyes

I'm going to probably get flamed for this too. Flame away.

Oh, and read the book Trinity by Leon Uris, that was really good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:20 am
Timeless Visage
You mean they don't like the British because they seized their homeland and refuse to give them their independance? I'm in shock, really. rolleyes

That isn't a fair reason to dislike the British. Am I responsible for what happened in Ireland? Is it fair to hate me for it then?

The Irish don't all hate the British, either...  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:40 am
ice_illusion
Which homepage is it?

I think he means the "Guild home", the portal one you get when you click the GBG from your Guild list.

The image is the same but I updated the text a bit, yup. And my introduction on the Intro thread..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:05 am
Invictus_88
ice_illusion
Which homepage is it?

I think he means the "Guild home", the portal one you get when you click the GBG from your Guild list.

The image is the same but I updated the text a bit, yup. And my introduction on the Intro thread..
indeed indeed the guild page. xd i like it. 3nodding  

Mr. Bono Vox

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 am
Foetus In Fetu
Timeless Visage

That isn't a fair reason to dislike the British. Am I responsible for what happened in Ireland? Is it fair to hate me for it then?

aye not all hate the British.. but you wont find many on Gaia... all i have found are Americans who think they are Irish who hate the British and some Irish that dont like us. meh.. there is probibly someone out there. xd i mean there is two million accounts. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 am
Timeless Visage

I'm going to probably get flamed for this too. Flame away.

Oh, and read the book Trinity by Leon Uris, that was really good.
stare typical... rolleyes  

Mr. Bono Vox

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:29 am
Foetus In Fetu
Timeless Visage

Ah, yes sure it isn't fair to blame you specifically, but you as a people still refuse to give up their lands and give them their independance. I'm not saying I dislike the British people, in fact it's quite the opposite, but I am not surprised that they dislilke you. Not in the least bit. Just as you might possibly have a disliking for the Germans had they succeeded in taking over Britain and all of Europe in world war two, and to this day weren't giving you your independance.

Wouldn't you be upset, and angry if all you wanted was freedom and it wasn't granted??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:31 am
Timeless Visage

Ah, yes sure it isn't fair to blame you specifically, but you as a people still refuse to give up their lands and give them their independance. I'm not saying I dislike the British people, in fact it's quite the opposite, but I am not surprised that they dislilke you. Not in the least bit. Just as you might possibly have a disliking for the Germans had they succeeded in taking over Britain and all of Europe in world war two, and to this day weren't giving you your independance.

Wouldn't you be upset, and angry if all you wanted was freedom and it wasn't granted??

Ireland has a lot of land and absolute independence. They should probably just get over themselves and get used to being a proper nation.

I simply do not believe that they should be allowed to have Ulster. It is British, not a part of Eire.

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 am
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

Ireland has a lot of land and absolute independence. They should probably just get over themselves and get used to being a proper nation.

I simply do not believe that they should be allowed to have Ulster. It is British, not a part of Eire.
i dont think he knows what hes talking about.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:14 pm
It isn't a valid reason to dislike the British people, either. I could dislike Americans because I disagree with some of their policies, historically, but there's nothing inherent about what your ancestors did that is a part of who you are or who Americans are as a people. It doesn't mean they'd do it again or that they condone what happened; it isn't justified hate. It's understandable, but not justified.

Like I said, anyway, it's just as unfair to assume that the Irish in general do hate the British in general.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:27 am
Um, am I the only person who doesn't understand this thread?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:51 am
whapcapn
Um, am I the only person who doesn't understand this thread?

Hahaha, probably not since not many people commented on it. Let me provide a translation for his garbled text. Then I shall be off to bed as I have lots to prepare for.

Has it had a revamp? xd

Also.. You're not going to find many Irish people that like us Brits.... There is a culture of hate down there... O.o

So, discuss people who don't like us British and their madness... eek xp

And we were dicussing the reason why the Irish hated the Brits.

For more information on the topic, read the book Trinity by Leon Uris. ~Nod~ That's just one of the sources off the top of my head.

Anyway, a quick update about me an the military. I decided to join the Navy instead since they have some AWESOME jobs in photography and arts. The boot camp is easy, and I don't have to score a million percent on the ASVAB out of a possible one hundred percent.

In other words, you have to be a super genius to get in the Air Force, or at the very least have a decent education. Unfortunately, neither applies to me.

Ah, well. Good night/morning

EDIT - And I almost forgot to tell you I'll be 18 on Sunday. razz

Second edit - And happy birthday, Foetus In Fetu!

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:54 am
Well, Sean has read a book that made him think that the N Irish wanted to be free of Britian.
Which for the majority of them is pretty untrue. At least the people I visited last time I went seemed happy to be in the UK. It was just after the Orange marches so they would be feeling a little more patriotic than usual.
I have to admit I'm not really an expert, it did take me a little while to realise quite why everyone kept talking about their orange lillys being stolen/pointing out that the flowers on the table looked like orange lilly(but were fake because fake are cheaper)/talking about how the frost killed the orange lillys. Being fair to myself I do tend to zone out once people start talking about flowers.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff