Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Herbal Essences Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irishcocoa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:27 pm
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area (I always get that messed up).

Herbal Essences and P&G (Proctor and Gamble) companies are using animal testing for a chemical known to be harmful to animals, but not humans. Nevertheless, the testing continues, even on pregnant animals.

Many of you I think probably saw this earlier on a livejournal community, but for those who haven't seen this yet, I'm posting it for you.

There is a petition here and more information http://www.hurtfulessences.org/  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:19 pm
Oh my god, that's horrible.
I try not to buy anything from them, but omg the P&G is CRAZY they own like...EVERYTHING!!! stressed
I successfully avoided using/buying anything from them though ^^ idk how haha but I did!  

iMakeMisanthropyClassy

socko42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 pm
oh nooooooooo!!!!! i didn't knoww... sweatdrop i buy herbal essences. i'll stop now though. just gotta finish up the bottle i have right now, can't put it to waste. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:30 pm
Oh my... I didn't know how many products they owned.
I use all natural shampoo and conditioner that isn't tested on animals, so I have no worries about Herbal Essences. I did sign the petition, though.
I'm glad Charger doesn't eat Iams or Eukenuba(SP?).
But why the Febreeze and Pringles? WHY D:
I will stop using them. But I am a little disappointed. Now to tell my mother. She probably won't believe me... She never believes me when it comes to this kind of problem.

The Herbivore

Constanze Mozart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:34 pm

That makes me sick!
I signed the petition.
I've never purchased Herbal Essences. And I sure am glad about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:14 pm
is there a list somewhere of all the companies/products that are owned by P&G? i'm sorry if there is one & i cant find it. sweatdrop  

pinkcatminht

jaffa kreee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:11 pm
i signed the petition and took the quiz. i'd be a rabbit who would get their eyes dissolved... hmmm lucky me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 am
I can't stand cosmetic animal testing, its just wasteful and cruel.  

English is illegal on her

irishcocoa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:03 am
Someone asked if there is a list of what P&G owns and I heard a rumor (I think) that the company has its hands in food companies as well. Does anyone have the list of what P&G produces?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:10 pm
I'm tempted to boycott those companies anyway because I don't believe in that many companies being owned by one larger company. ._.  

Lady Schist

irishcocoa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 am
Lady Schist
I'm tempted to boycott those companies anyway because I don't believe in that many companies being owned by one larger company. ._.

Agreed. I prefer shopping at a local co-op or farm/farmer's market.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 am
It's actually lucky because I don't use most of those products anyway but I'll be more careful now.  

Lady Schist

Arashi Inu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:16 am
Will you find me a blue rose?

If you click on the link that shows you safe products to use, you can also find the list of things not to use. I think the only thing on the list I use are the pads and tampons. I'm pretty sure there's no where near me that sells "safe" feminine products.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm
damnit and i use that too >:[
i will have to switch now v_v;  

R i o n l e s s

Farrah Fawcett

Man-Hungry Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:46 pm
I use Paul Mitchell. cool All my cosmetic products are cruelty-free(...or atleast the ones I use regularly).  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff