Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Mesic's FLog! (Food Log, that is...) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mesic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 am
... because we all know sticking to a healthier lifestyle requires us all to kick our own butts a little. x3

PLEASE! Stay open-minded about what you may encounter in this journal. It's MY journal.
Sometimes I want to write about sex, or drugs, or alcohol. I curse. I rant. I'm only human.
If any of these things offend you, you may want to turn back now. sad

... okay?
We're cool? heart

That said, hi!

I love food journals.
I cannot lose weight if I don't log.

My gameplan is 1500 or less calories a day.
If I go really low one day, no worries, I'll probably counter it by having a really high count day soon.
Drink LOTS of water. I usually drink 3 liters a day. For every ounce of non-water I drink, I try to match it in water.

Oh, and I imbibe alcohol. More than occasionally.
Sometimes I counter this by not eating all day.
Any cruel things you want to think pertaining to that, I guarantee, I think them at myself more. :3

I do cardio on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
I strength train on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Saturday and Sunday are currently my "off days", but this will change.

I'm trying to change everything.
Complete life overhaul.
It's scary, and thrilling, and overwhelming sometimes.
Thanks for being there for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:28 am
This is where my weigh-ins and measurements are going.
I weigh in weekly, on Fridays.
I do measurements about once a month.

146.6lbs
Upper arm- 12"
Thigh- 23"
Calf- 14.5"
Ribs- 32.5"
Waist- ~31.5"
Hips- 38.5"
"Lower" hips- 38.5"
Bust- 37"
Size 10 pants

140.0!!!

I put a TON of weight on over my birthday weekend. Like, 6lbs. I hope some of that is water weight, because I can't believe I did so much damage in 3 days.
I basically went back to my old, bad habits. Eating whatever I wanted, to the point of feeling sick because I was so full, and drinking heavily.
Not good. sad

Mesic

Mesic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 am
I may want this later.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 am

Ohmygod, I'm hung over.
Great way to start any journal, I'm sure. rolleyes

That was an important fact, though, because the hangover is pressuring me to keep the tummy happy with food, so I don't get horrendous acid reflux. There is also PMS involved.
Chugging water is helping too. I'm already on my second liter.
Running up a flight of stairs every 15 minutes to go pee counts as exercise, right?

If I do actually exercise today, it's going to be MUCH later, because I feel like poo right now.
... crap, I forgot I owe myself 13 minutes on the elliptical from yesterday's failed morning workout.
*flop*
*rolls on floor*
... *cries*

Diet
Breakfast: Whole-wheat mini bagel- 110, soy "sausage"- 80, 2tsp cream cheese- 40
Coffee- 5
Lunch: Spinach artichoke chicken Lean Pocket- 270
Broccoli and cheesey sauce- 60
Snack: 1oz(?) dry roasted peanuts- 200
Dinner: Salad greens- 10, croutons- 40, 1/2tbsp balsamic vinegar- 10, 3 cherry tomatoes- 15
Pringles- 100
Dessert: Chocolatey Drizzle rice cakes- 90
Peach white tea
2 antacids- 10

I shouldn't...
But I am.
I have a Healthy Choice sesame teriyaki thing sitting in front of me, and I kept looking at the calories, kind of unhappy about adding another 380 to my day.
It's my "dinner", but I really don't want it.
And then it hit me: I could have this, which really doesn't look all that good, or I can have two drinks.
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.
Drinks: 2 gin and Fresca- 400

Vitamins- 10

Calories: 1440

I have to get one of those little food weighing scales, because I am so lazy, I just poured peanuts into a little bowl until I thought, "Yeah, sure, that looks like an ounce of peanuts... not counting the little ones, and the broken ones..."

Exercise
... I couldn't do it.
My tum was too upset and I practically fell off of the elliptical after doing a few turns.

My mother sent me a text message saying that she's making "salmon corn chowder" tonight.
From what I can tell looking comparable recipes online, the chief ingredients are heavy cream and butter.
BLEH! But I just KNOW she's going to try and pressure me into eating some. "Just to taste it!"
Is there really any nice way to say, "No, and please respect my ******** diet" without sounding like a total c**t? sad

Mesic

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:19 am
just tell her you're on your tom and the thought of creamy anything is making you queasy

edit: hi by the way~! Welcome to the guild and good luck.

(p.s. I'm mostly hung over all the time myself)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 am
Soi Tsuba
just tell her you're on your tom and the thought of creamy anything is making you queasy

Hee, that's brilliant! Thanks!

I've just discovered we have no less than three kinds of cake in the house.
NO, FOUR.

WHAT INSANITY IS THIS!?? gonk

Mesic

Mesic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Diet
Breakfast: Mini-bagel- 110, "sausage"- 80, 2tsp cream cheese- 40, egg white- 20
3 cups coffee- 15
Lunch: BLT (2 pieces lite whole grain bread- 90, tomato- 25, lettuce- 5, 2 slices bacon- 35, guacamole- 25) 180
Dinner: Salad- 90, broccoli and cheese- 60
Dessert: 1oz. peanutbutter filled pretzels- 150
Drinks: 2 gin and Fresca- 400

Vitamins: 10
Water: 2 liters

WHOOPS. My sister had some people over, and I wandered upstairs and got caught in the crossfire. So I drank a little more.
1 gin and Fresca- 200
1 glass white wine- 100
I also had a vodka and fruit punch, but I caught myself and said "What am I doing!?" and covertly dumped it in the sink, haha.

Calories: 1440

Exercise
15 minutes elliptical training: -150 calories

I don't know why I feel so tired... and I'm FREEZING.
I think its actually colder in the house than outside.

I was warmer after I worked out for a while, but I'm freezing again.
Boyfriend's sitting around in a thin t-shirt and no socks. Showoff. :XP:

... I think I may be coming down with something.
My throat is sore, and swallowing is a b***h.
Gin helps. Gin numbs. Mmm, gin. :3

I was feeling particularly PMS-y, craving the ice cream cake, so to fight back, I performed CAKE GENOCIDE!!!
I took action and threw out three of the four cakes, and left the rum cake, because it is full of delicious rum.
Cake, let that serve as a lesson to all who come after you, rallying for position on my thighs and backrolls!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 am
I had a great day yesterday. smile

I had a bowl of Brunswick stew for lunch, about 100 calories.
Then, Mike surprised me by telling me a friend of his was having some people over, but he had declined because "he didn't think I'd want to go" and I said "HELL YEAH" and we went over.
I smoked a little pot, drank sugar-free cream soda, couldn't eat anything lest I be consumed by the munchies, then went to another friend's house and smoked a little more there.
I had no alcohol. :3

Mike decided to go out bowling with his friends, so the end of the night was an unexpected personal day for me!
I made a big dinner (Healthy Choice teriyaki chicken steamer thing- 380, lo-so soy sauce- 20, 1/2 cup pea salad- 150), sat on the computer for a while, took my vitamins with some crackers (70) and then turned on the Food Network and nibbled on "extreme" dark chocolate blocks (100) and peanut-butter filled pretzels (350) and then did some cleaning.
I was snuggled down in bed, ready to go to sleep, when Mike came home.

Perfect day.
1170 calories.
I felt so good. :3

I got up so late.
I swear, I woke up at 10:30, looked at the clock, decided it would be decadent to have another 30 minutes of sleep, closed my eyes for a second, and then woke up and it was 1.

Whoops.

Diet
Lunch: Brunswick stew- 100
Flatbread bun- 100, 2oz. chicken- 60, 2tsp honey dijon mustard- 20
Pretzels- 150
Snack: Cheese crackers- 200
Dinner: Ham steak- 70, 1/2 cup asparagus- 20, garlic cauliflower- 50
Drinks: Bottle of Asti- 700
(My calculations say it was only 500 calories for a whole bottle, but I just don't believe that.)

Calories: 1470
Whoo, just squeaked by under 1500...
Mike brought me Asti as a treat for finishing my essay, but he didn't know I got on the scale today and reached a goal, which calls for Asti anyhow.
He's so sweet, wining me up. x3

I'm pretty sorry the Brunswick stew is gone...
Corn, lima beans, chickpeas, celery, pulled chicken, chicken stock, a can of stewed tomatoes and a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles.
Full of veggies, homemade, perfect satisfaction.
I should make more soon...

Tonight, there may be alcohol involved.
I have a rhetorical analysis essay to write, and sometimes I get stuck and like getting a "fresh perspective" on things.
The last essay I wrote tipsy, my teacher actually left a note that said "I cried. This was stunning, good job."
... but it was about eating disorders and body image, and they say write what you know, so... x3

Mesic

Mesic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:57 am

My birthday's only two weeks away!!
Wouldn't it be so ******** wonderful if I could lose another 5lbs by then and rock some size 6 jeans for my birthday? x3
Sounds like means for a shopping spree to me!

I woke up too late to do fasted cardio. sad
I'll have to get to it after I get back from class.

Screw that, dudes! I want those size 6 jeans more!
5 minutes late to class is worth a morning metabolism boost!

Diet
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg white- 20, 2 pieces bacon- 40, lite wheat toast- 45
2 cups coffee- 10
Lunch: Chicken quesadilla Lean Pocket- 260, with hot sauce- 5
Snack: Starbucks espresso shot lite- 70
Lime tortilla chips- 150
Dinner: 3oz. London Broil- 200, Dales marinate- 30
1 cup steamed broccoli and cauliflower- 30
Drinks: 1 bottle pinot grigio: 600

Vitamins: 10

Water: 3 liters

Calories:

Exercise

10 minutes fasted cardio: -100
... the rest is just walking up and down sidewalks and bookstore aisles, going back and forth to the car, and sitting in the car driving. Fidgeting burns calories, right?

Mike and I saw Coraline (in 3D) today... bloody amazing.
I felt really bad for the kid next to us, who kept crying "Mommy, I'm scared!" "Daddy, hold me!" and "What is she doing!??" in an alarmed and frightened voice.
Seriously, if you have 6-year olds or under, don't take them to see Coraline. It freaked 20-somethings out. It's NOT a kid's movie.

... but I do give mad props to the young boy who exited the movie theater as I was walking in, who screamed "CORALINE WAS AWESOME!" and bumped knuckles with me. He was a tough little S.O.B. and I approve of how he apparently left the theater significantly less disturbed than me. smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 am

Diet
Breakfast: Cottage cheese with peach topping- 140
Lite espresso shot- 70
Lunch: 2oz deli chicken- 60, on flatbread bun- 100
Guacamole- 100, tortilla chips- 200
Snack: ... more tortilla chips- 150
Two deviled eggs- 100
Dinner: Salad- 10, croutons- 40, balsamic- 15
1oz. marinated London broil- 75
Dessert: 1/2 cup cherries- 50
2 tbsp Cool whip- 20
Sugar-free cream soda

Vitamins- 10

Total: 1140

I love these frozen cherries!
I warmed them in the microwave, and with the Cool whip, it was like delicious cherry pie. x3

I've been real bad off about eating today.
The tortilla chips have basically gotten me everytime I went upstairs.
At least I'm not drinking tonight. biggrin

... and I haven't been drinking water like I usually do. Hm.
I hope I have time to chug a liter before bed.

Exercise

I feel really tired and blah and PMS and... irrationally frustrated.
I feel so bloated and my face looks sooooo fat.
Also, this is the first day in a while I've had really nothing to keep me occupied.
Mike's had a few days off, I've had classwork to do, or I've gotten out of class right before he's gotten out of work.
... but today, he's at work til 7, and I'm at home, at odds, PMS-y and pissy and not too interested in getting off of my chair, out of my cozy jacket, and onto the exercise ball.

I cleaned house a little, but I didn't really do much in the way of exercise.

Mesic

TammiZombie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 am
Coraline was great, I thought it was kind of scary, but we took my 5 year old niece and the only time she turned her head was when the neighbors with the dog were doing a play, and they were wearing pastys...

Good Luck on your birthday goal!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:55 pm

I really want to get a food scale too, but I don't want to spend money on it. xd Although it would be worth it.

Kasumi Kama

Mesic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 am
Well, but then again, I also turned my head away when the old ladies were flailing around nekkid, and my boyfriend was heard to be chanting "Ohgodohgodohgod". x3
So your niece ROCKS because she still had more testicular fortitude than me!

I've actually been using a little.... uh...
weed scale... to measure out my food. ROFLMAO
We don't use it for its original purpose, but one of my friends heard I was looking for one, and lent me his. Its a tiny digital scale, but that sucker must've cost $200 because its insanely precise.
Of course, now I've gone from going, "Oh, it looks like an ounce of peanuts" to "Add one peanut... add one peanut... NO! OH NO! 1.002 ounces! ... subtract one peanut. Add one half-peanut..."
I'm like a peanut crackhead now. sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:19 am

I had a feeling of mixed emotions last night.
Mike: "I have Friday off... want to go to Red Lobster, then see Friday the 13th?"
Me: "Eeeee... yes!"
Me: (thinks) "Awww... no cheddar biscuits." sad

So now I have to formulate a under-1000 calories dinner plan for THE most butter-using, healthy-food-made-unhealthy chain out there.
But without cheddar biscuits, what's the point? crying

Diet
Breakfast: Banana chips- 130, banana oatmeal- 130
2 cups coffee- 10
Lunch: Tortilla chips- 250, 2tbsp salsa- 20, hot sauce, guacamole- 50
Snack: ... the rest of the tortilla chips- 250
Dinner: Garlic chicken pasta- 300
Snack: Krinkle fry cajun whatsits- 100
(They're super-spicy, kind of taste like hot fries, but baked)
Drinks: 3 gin and Fresca- 600

Water: 3 liters

Total: 1840

Damn, I went kind of overboard with the drinks last night.
In retrospect, that was just plain stupid. I was awful at Rock Band, and I woke up this morning still drunk, and couldn't go to class.
I feel like crap... meh.

Okay, so I convinced Mike that Red Lobster sucks.
After we looked at the menu, and I looked at the nutrition facts (the only thing I actually would consider eating was the salmon BLT- 1300 calories. Mike yelps, "THAT'S AWFUL! LOL) I suggested maybe we try a traditional Mexican restaurant we both have been hearing good things about, but have yet to go to.
So I decided I'll get a vegetarian fajita, no cheese, no sour cream (300 calories) with a side of pico de gallo (50) and a few glasses of sangria (150 per glass). MAYBE some rice (200), if it doesn't look too greasy.
And loads and loads of hot sauce, of course. :3

Its by no means "low calorie", coming in at around 900 calories if I go for the rice, but its a hell of a lot better than Red Lobster.

Mesic

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces