Reply Life Issues & Fashion
I think my computer is dying :_;I

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trampyre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 am
t's not typing correctly anymore, it's really slow, the touch pad/buttons aren't working right....

it can barely handle any processes running... the dvd tray has long been KO...

It's getting suppper hot running all the time... Ithere are cracks in the hinge and 'm afraid the screen is going to break off the main box (it's a laptop) ...

I'm so sad. I can't really afford a new computer right now. This little laptop has my life on it. crying

What to do?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm
ouch....sounds like a very loved computer....

two suggestions spring to mind concerning your woes:

1: save up for an external drive. I think (at last price check) a small 60gb external hard drive was running in the range of 39 to 50 bucks at wal-mart. I grabbed an old 60gb external at a computer store for around 30 dollars when my former laptop gave up the ghost. Just plug one in and download your entire harddrive into it till you can get a new computer, then simply transfer your files into a new comp. almost all externals use USB so it's just a matter of plug-n-play.

or,

2. Try a local rent-a-center. they rent very good computers for about 19 dollars a week. the upshot is...it's rent to own. the downshot is....if you miss a payment, they grab it back quick. Either this, or ask a friend to bring over their computer and burn off a copy of your cherished files to disk as a backup measure before your comp dies...

-------------------------------------------
edit-other ideas.

in retrospect of your post, I thought of other minor fixes that may extend your computing joys...

An external keyboard(USB)
External mouse(USB)
a chill mat for cooling problems
memory upgrade (it's a real simple procedure) 1GB memory cards are around 50 dollars at current market prices.  

Keevan Draco

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 pm
trampyre
t's not typing correctly anymore, it's really slow, the touch pad/buttons aren't working right....

it can barely handle any processes running... the dvd tray has long been KO...

It's getting suppper hot running all the time... Ithere are cracks in the hinge and 'm afraid the screen is going to break off the main box (it's a laptop) ...

I'm so sad. I can't really afford a new computer right now. This little laptop has my life on it. crying

What to do?

Is it a HP Pavillion DV9000?  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces