Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
IRC channel? (EVERYBODY click~!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:32 am
Okay, so Star and I were talking the other day about like, how awesome it would be to have an IRC channel for this guild.

What's an IRC channel, you ask?

Well... it's pretty much like a regular chatroom. But the idea is, like, you're on it whenever you're on the internet. So you hang out there with other people.

And we thought it would be awesome to have one for this guild 'cause like, first of all, I don't know about you guys, but I like a lot of the people here and I like the little community that's come about from this guild and it would be awesome to get to know each other better by actually talking directly to each other instead of just in posts. Second, we could be in the channel and be like, OMG guys, I REALLY want some chocolate cake right now! And there's some in the fridge! AHHH! And everyone else would be like, NO! BE STRONG, RESIST THE CAKE! YOU CAN DO IT!

...Yeah.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to embed the chatroom as a java applet in a site. So you'd have to have or download an IRC client... trust me, I've been using mIRC for like, almost 10 years, it's really cool. Click here to download mIRC: [link]. Supposedly it costs money to use, but there's a 30 day free trial, and I'm pretty sure that you can still just keep using the program without paying for it after that... it just pops up a reminder every time you use it... and don't worry, the program doesn't take up much space on your hard drive.

To connect...

1. An options window should pop up. If it doesn't, click on the little icon at the top of a folder and hammer. Fill in the boxes for Full Name, Email Address, and Nickname. Don't put your real full name or email, though; you can put absolutely anything there that you want. Nicknames can't have spaces in them, but they can have most other characters. Click OK.

2. Type this in the server window (the big white box that takes up most of the screen): /server glass.ca.us.webchat.org

3. A bunch of text should pop up. This is normal; you can ignore it. In the same box, type /join #GL

And you should be there! biggrin I know all this sounds complicated, but trust me, it's really not complicated at all, and it would be reeeeally cool to have an IRC channel for this guild. X)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 am
If you guys have any problems connecting or figuring anything out feel free to post any questions or message us about them biggrin I've been using this program for 8 years and I've never paid for it >_>

Anyway, Pen and I are both around the computer a lot either because of school or whatever so most likely there will probably be at least one of us in the chat room at a time.

If any of you guys have time to check it out you really should! I know the whole idea of downloading a program you've never used before is a little scary and it took me a long time to do but I really think it'll help some of us out!

So just try it out real quick, it won't take long to do biggrin It doesn't take long to download or install (or uninstall if need be ;P)  

Starlurk

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:26 pm
sounds interesting smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:33 pm
joined but now it says I have to be invited  

Madame de Sousa

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Oh shoot! I think that's because we set it to Secret. I'll tell Pen about it as soon as she comes on and she'll fix it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 pm
mac haters... let me put together my pc.. gr..  

Soi Tsuba

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm
i put my pc together, and i manage to log on and no one is ther crying  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:40 am
Sorry! I'm on now. 3nodding I didn't know IRC didn't work well on a Mac, no wonder there are no Mac defenders on there. whee  

Starlurk

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:03 am
Starlurk
Sorry! I'm on now. 3nodding I didn't know IRC didn't work well on a Mac, no wonder there are no Mac defenders on there. whee

rofl

I think there's an IRC client for macs, I'll go find it.

*searches*

Okay, back. I don't know much about this client so I can't help you much with it, but I think all IRC clients are similar, so the instructions I put up above should work... http://www.ircle.com/  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:03 pm
Thank you, it works~! Actually talking to startluck right now! haha  

Soi Tsuba

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 pm
Awr. No one here.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:11 pm
lies, i'm on it right now  

Soi Tsuba

Starlurk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 am
Everyone had funny timing tonight. Schist came on as soon as Soi left and Pen came on as soon as Schist left.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:26 am
I just downloaded this! I think everyone should get an account with it! We can have lots of fun and chat. 3nodding  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:28 pm
Yes! The more people that come and the more often they come, the better the chat is. biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games