Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Nintendo's Critters
The New Crittendo Logo - This is your chance to contribute! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:56 pm
Crittendo Logo Contest

You might have noticed this, you might have not. Either way, Primmy has passed on Captainship to me for a month to see how well I'd do in this position. I'm taking my new responsibilities seriously and want to forge a new, better and more awesome Crittendo together with all of you.

To kick things off: the Super Deluxe New Crittendo Logo Contest! (Patent pending)

This is your chance to prove your artistic vision and help your favorite Guild out at the same time. Nintendo's Critters needs a new logo, and you can help designing it, right now!

What are we asking? Anything, really. If you have a good idea, draw it. If you simply have written suggestions, send them in. Horrible with a pencil and afraid you won't stand out next to the Photoshopping Elite? Worry not, every idea will be discussed and weighed by the Crew, so don't hold back!

Send all ideas and images to me, Nunatak, in PM format. I'll make sure it ends up where it needs to be. Submissions that are not PM'd risk being overlooked!

The Crew will take all your suggestions and try to combine them all into one new Crittendo Logo. The person deemed to have been most influential will receive a nice little prize from my personal treasury.

Sounds good? Then get scribbling!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 am
I can't draw. XD  

Zapatorf
Crew

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 pm
Nevertheless, I think you still have ideas of what you want a Crittendo Logo to be like, right? Any kind of contribution is welcome, Zappy, don't feel impaired. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:37 pm
Is this for the big logo or the small one? =/  

Zapatorf
Crew

Moleje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 pm
Wow I really like the old one but new directions seems to be the cure so I do think that a large scale banner for the guild home page would look really nice.

Still I enjoy the use of multitudes of Nintendo characters and I can't instantly move away from the image in my mind.

Maybe we should discuss which characters should be on there?

Really I love the big logo, you must mean the small logo with Yoshi and Kirby that one could use some work.

Maybe one of those moving logo's where the picture changes. Sorry I'm no artist either.

How about a saying of some kind, like- With every critter there is a world of adventure. *chuckles*

Or

In every world the adventure is you! Nintendo's Critters
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:45 pm
You could perhaps say it's for both of the logos, big and small. At any rate, the small one needs work, yes. If people really like the current big one with the Characters, I'm sure I still have the original PSD file so I could swap the letters out and replace it with a new logo.

Perhaps I should elaborate a little on what I mean by logo. Think of the Nike swirl, the way Coca Cola's written that everyone knows. I think it'd be cool if we could swap out the plain font and have an actual logo of our own, something cool that fits Crittendo, so stylish, but not too corporate. Cool, but still carefree and colorful.

It'd give us the ability to give Crittendo a 'house style,' as it's called. By having a memorable logo that we can integrate in all our banners and arts, you build up a coherent identity.

@ Moleje;

Slogans! You're a genius, good sir. I like the idea of us having one or more of those, we should totally talk about what would be a good one. 3nodding  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 pm
Here's the sort of art I do:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280418
xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:23 pm
Ah a logo I just didn't see, wow this really is an important discussion something recognisable is exactly what the guild could use.

I have another idea my sister implemented an avi that was my old guilds mascot, maybe we can figure out a way to make a Crittendo Mascot artisticly and as an avi.

The Mascot would have a name like, Crittendomon *grins*

Have them be cute and plushie pillow like creatures that wield/wear Nintendo themed weapons, clothes and items like super scopes, and powerups like the Mario Power Star and Link style hoodies.

Or maybe they should look more like rodents so that they are furry?  

Moleje

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^ That's the small banner I once made. I know it's not perfect, but I liked it enough to keep it on my profile. razz

I like the current big banner. But of course, it's time for change. ^^ The new banner could be an 'improved' version of the current one though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:21 pm
I like the idea of a Crittendo logo... and a Crittendo mascot as well. =)  

Zapatorf
Crew

Moleje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 am
Lilmagical_star
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^ That's the small banner I once made. I know it's not perfect, but I liked it enough to keep it on my profile. razz

I like the current big banner. But of course, it's time for change. ^^ The new banner could be an 'improved' version of the current one though. 3nodding

Aww I'm not trying to diss you or be negative there Star! I just mean that I think the little logo needs more work than the large one. =) Which could be made larger!

I was also thinking Nintendo games already have a lot of unsung critters we could dress up more like the main characters for cuteness factor like Bullet Bills with Luigi hats and how about a RPG blob with the Ragnorok Sword in hand!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:54 am
Your ideas are all so good....It scares me. gonk
I like your idea,Moleje,about the dressing up characters thing,and I love your small banner Star,it's just so....I dunno,WOW!or something. 3nodding  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Moleje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:56 am
I also realised that Gaia has plenty of "critters" like the Yeti and Shadow Spirit and so on that could be decked out in Nintendo memorabilia.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:03 pm
Exactly what do you mean by making the large logo larger, Moleje? Just the size of the actual image, or do you mean to say it should it be expanded with even more critters?

But yes, that's what this brainstorm is about, people, a recognizable logo for Crittendo. Put those thinking caps on, the more suggestions, the better!  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Moleje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 am
I mean larger in size at least slightly, the amount of critters to me gets the point across.

Even if I could draw I don't have a scanner so, I may have to use Paint.

I'm not sure how to word my idea, right now.

It is atm so difficult in my mind to combine the idea of critters in multitude into a logo.

Just the letters NC in some shape or form could be a start.

I know there are programs that allow you to show and image have it fade away to another, I'll ask my sis if she can help me with that.

A small box that shows Kirby then Yoshi then Pikachu and then the letters NC in say Nintendo style font but pink or something like that.  
Nintendo's Critters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff