Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Akito's Art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akito Uchiha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 pm
Hey everyone! I joined a while ago, but I hadn't posted yet due to three fundamental factors: college, DA, and I'm lazy.

Well, yeah, like many (probably... I hope) others, I am an aspiring artist, and I recently got a tablet, so I'm trying to get used to that. Please criticize.

User Image
This is my OC/Gaia avatar with Monster Hunter armor.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:40 pm
Awesome, and u said first time for a tablet. It looks cool. I definitely like the colors and the light on the background. cool  

saralee 20

LadyMausCogworth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 pm
Nice pose and good details. the only thing that bugs me is the lines. keep up the good work and practice with the tablet more. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 pm
@Sarelee: I said recently, but not that this was my first. And thanks!

@Steampunkmaus: Yeah, my lineart is horrible. I try! Thank you.  

Akito Uchiha

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 am
How is he standing? Keep in mind that if you have to balance your head over your feet. Generally, it's over your feet. He looks like he's going to tip over because he's got no base.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 pm
Nice work! I like the contrast between the blurry background and the foreground. Colours are nice too.

And why is there that kind of "halo" around the lines? Check your brush settings? Did you sharpen it too much?

And drop the text. Or if you have to have some absolutely, go for something more subtle.  

Mogtoats

Akito Uchiha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:57 pm
Errol McGillivray
How is he standing? Keep in mind that if you have to balance your head over your feet. Generally, it's over your feet. He looks like he's going to tip over because he's got no base.

Actually, there is no base; he's running towards the screen.

Thanks, though.

@The Martian: the reason the text is there is because this was meant to be my Deviant ID. I'll post an unaltered version next time.

As for that halo effect, it must have been the sharpening. I'll try to be more careful from now on.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:35 am
Akito Uchiha

@The Martian: the reason the text is there is because this was meant to be my Deviant ID. I'll post an unaltered version next time.

As for that halo effect, it must have been the sharpening. I'll try to be more careful from now on.

Mhm, next time re-trace your lines on your computer. Then there will be no such problems. And sharpen only once O_o

Text: If you want to put text, it should at least match the picture's colours. And be properly integrated.  

Mogtoats

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:13 am
There is always a base as long as gravity is affecting the object. The fact that it was mistaken for standing says a lot. I would either reference someone running or have a friend run at you from a distance and take some photos.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games