Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Who was Jesus actually?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:50 am
Was he merely a good man or a prophet? Was he God? Did he even exist or is he just a personification of an ideology?

This is the opportunity to discuss the identity of Jesus. What do you think about him? What scriptural evidence can you find for who he was? Who is he to you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:44 am
Well from what I know & from what I learned.. Jesus is God's son. He is part of the Saint Trinity. He is also a messenger and a savior. He was a good man too actually.. the one closest to God.

I think that he does exist.. not because there's apparently "proof" that he existed but just because of what God said himself when Jesus was baptized...

Matthew 3:16-17
And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him,and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."

And for me well.. he's a friend, he's God, he's a savior. For most people he's also a brother.. all depends how you see him.  

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:51 am
That's a really important point to make. Thank you. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 pm
Jesus is both God's son, and apart of God himself. God couldn't down to earth , so he made a body for himself. Atleast this is how i see it. Jesus was more than a good man, and a simple prophet.  

Faintattack

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 pm
Myself, I see Jesus as a brilliant teacher and an amazing man. But mortal. Inspired and wonderful, but a man.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:06 am
From scripture I know Him to be the very bright and morning star, the Word made flesh, the savior and being that there is only one savior which is God, I know Him to be God. I know from I think its Josephus if not another early historian of the time that He existed and made exceptional tools that were in use a century after He acended to heaven. I know to call Him a good and moral teacher would be ignore His claims of deity which Jewish historians record what they consider His blashamey. That to accept that vein of thought you need to either say He was a liar trying to motivate people to good or a lunatic.  

ClaranceSH

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:36 am
Uh, no. Jesus wasn't the Morningstar, that was, uh, someone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Galad Damodred
Uh, no. Jesus wasn't the Morningstar, that was, uh, someone else.

Revelation 22:16
I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:12 pm
I was referring to Isaiah 14:...12, I think it was. Helel translates as "morning star".  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:17 pm
Ah. I guess morning star is just used as a reference like "Your Majesty."  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

LightToTheNations

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:19 pm
To me, He was Fully God and Fully Human, He was and is the son of God. He is my father, my best friend, my husband, he's everything to me.  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games