Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Hard Drugs Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YESS a poll was erected. Can you resist the temptation?
  Yes.
  No, I'm a sleezy poll whore.
View Results

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 pm
Just a question to the general.

Is it possible to be addicted to caffeine?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:17 pm
Yeah, I definitely think it's possible, seeing as I have to have 3-5 cups of coffee a day, at least one can of soda a day, and anything else that's caffinated. xd  

Twisted Maggot

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:31 pm
I guess its like those energy drinks... they taste awful yet i still drink them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:37 pm
Yeah, pretty much. xd But I've been drinking coffee for so long that, it actually tastes good most of the time, when I hated it a few years back... Well, that would explain the headaches when I don't have my morning cup...  

Twisted Maggot

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:42 pm
I don't get the headache thing. I have gone days without coffee and the only time i get headaches is when I'm hung over and i don't have my cup of coffee XD.

Maybe in that case even if I had coffee I'd still have a headache.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:16 pm
Hahaha. Well, I guess my head's just weird then.  

Twisted Maggot

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:32 pm
Not at all, I have heard the same thing of many people when they don't get their coffee.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:09 pm
Unarguably yes. Caffeine is a psychoactive stimulant, just like nicotine (as found in cigarettes), cocaine, and amphetamines. The human body can become physically and psychologically addicted to caffeine, and you will go through caffeine withdrawal if you're a heavy consumer and then cut it from your diet.

Most people who claim they're "addicted to caffeine" are not. If you're drinking 2+ energy drinks, 3+ cups of coffee, or 4+ cans of soda daily, you're probably an addict.  

GilAskan
Crew

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:21 pm
Damn... I'm a filthy caffeine addict.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:37 pm
im addictated to pain .... yay  

Miss Hepburn

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:44 pm
*flicks you on the ear*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 am
Gil got here before I could, he pretty much summed it all up.

---

My father used to work with someone who drank coffee all the time, that was practically the only thing he ever drank...he was always really jittery and jumpy...poor guy.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:43 am
And here I was expecting a discussion on heroin. William S. Burroughs is disappointed.

Anyway, yes. It's even more possible when using caffeine pills.
EDIT: Hell, there's even caffeinated soap.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:49 pm
Oh my God, how does this work?! I had four cups of coffee and three sodas (I think I had 3... I don't remember ^_^) and I'm not hyper or jittery at all... I'm actually tired. And it's only 4:50 PM here right now...  

Twisted Maggot

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm
Isis11213
Oh my God, how does this work?! I had four cups of coffee and three sodas (I think I had 3... I don't remember ^_^) and I'm not hyper or jittery at all... I'm actually tired. And it's only 4:50 PM here right now...

Like most psychoactive drugs, your body builds a tolerance to it. To get the same effect (high energy), you would have to increase your dosage. If you keep drinking the same amount of caffeine, you'll probably stay tired around the same time every day because your body will grow accustom to the amount you take in. Fair warning- if you cut out ALL caffeine from your diet for two days straight, you'd likely be angry, tired, shaky, and unable to concentrate, all due to the withdrawal.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff