Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
*overdramatic hopeless self-rant*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AoiMakura

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm
uggh. i can't stand it anymore. i hate being fat. i want to lose weight so bad but anything i do i never stick to. im so tired of telling myself "this is it. its gonna work this time" and then two days later im back to what i was. i started a journal online and on paper and i never write in them . i want to but i alway forget. i tell myslef im going to work out and then i don't. i make myself to watch what i eat but that just makes me want to gulp down a whole pizza. my friends are so unsupportive. they always tell me i dont need to lose wieght which i know they are so lying and they need to just tell the truth and accept it. i can never do any diet because i never have what we need in the house and my mom cooks most of the time. if we dont eat what she cooks we dont eat at all. i hate looking at pictures of myself, or looking at my reflection. i feel so helpless and lost. i want to lose wieght i really do, but nothing motivates me long enough to keep trying! i see all the success stories in this guild and it makes me cry. its not fair. i try so hard and then i just let myself slack off again. i want to be thin i want to be pretty i want to be happy about my body but nothing ever sticks whats worse i that my goal date is looming closer everyday and ive made absolutley no progress! please someone help me! gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:08 pm
Find a kind of exercise that you enjoy doing. That way it's fun to lose weight. biggrin Yeah, I never had much luck with the diet part of losing weight. I've completely cut out fast food and soda (and mostly chips), which I highly reccomend doing, but I still eat portions that are way too big. The answer? Exercise! Getting at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise every single day works wonders. 3nodding Good luck, you can do it!  

__penguin__
Captain

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 pm
I went vegan originally for weight loss, and then found out about all the other things involved. (Now I'm vegan for many reasons) I don't like to suggest going vegan for weight loss reasons usually because people don't pay attention to their nutrition properly and end up doing themselves a disservice by forging off into uncharted territory without a map and blaming the vegan diet when they get sick or tired, or end up with a nutritional problem. This is just my tale... you can do things to help yourself curb what you're eating without being vegan or even vegetarian.

Ie: I have spaghetti sauce on salad and hardy greens, like Kale and swiss chard, instead of noodles. It's a great way to get the veggies in without really having a problem with them. Sometimes I just don't like cold salad. And that way you can have a large portion of spaghetti without

Find a good, local pizza place, and ask them if you can order your pizza without cheese, just with more vegetables instead.

And this mire you're in right now, I know it feels bad, but often times resistance comes in the form of an overwhelming depression.

I suggest a book called the war of art. It's about art but I found that it really motivated me in terms of losing weight, and it's definitely transferable from art to other areas of life. Book

There's also a podcast that I want you to listen to. I want *everyone* to listen to it, but that's because it's just fantastic. You don't have to have an Ipod you can just listen to it on your computer. Yell at your Fat This is everyone's homework. Wendy is a great person and it really feels like she's right there behind you saying positive things and keeping you motivated.

And as an added benefit, if you want to hear me yelling at my fat, It's in the eighth episode. I'm the nice lady from canada. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:15 pm
get motivated. collect motivational pics
and food charts or whatever and put them on your walls.

also you can eat what your mom makes, but eat smaller
portions and add veggies on your plate :3  

delete_my_existence

Volta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 am
Quote:
uggh. i can't stand it anymore. i hate being fat. i want to lose weight so bad but anything i do i never stick to. im so tired of telling myself "this is it. its gonna work this time" and then two days later im back to what i was. i started a journal online and on paper and i never write in them. i want to but i alway forget.

Hey no biggie. I didn't write in my journal for the longest time, I barely just started a few days ago. With time it'll become routine. I know how you feel. For the longest time I kept telling myself "this time for sure" or "It's okay I can do it tomorrow" but I would never do it. It takes a hell of a lot of willpower to stick to it. So dont beat yourself up. It's not easy to lose weight. Kudos for at least trying.

Quote:
i tell myslef im going to work out and then i don't. i make myself to watch what i eat but that just makes me want to gulp down a whole pizza. my friends are so unsupportive. they always tell me i dont need to lose wieght which i know they are so lying and they need to just tell the truth and accept it.i can never do any diet because i never have what we need in the house and my mom cooks most of the time. if we dont eat what she cooks we dont eat at all.

As stated above it takes a lot of willpower to keep going. It takes even more to watch what you eat. It's hard. I'm not going to lie. It's very hard. What you CAN do though, since you have no choice but to eat what your mom makes, is eat smaller portions and drink a lot of water. Water will make you full faster. Also, it's a good idea to eat something every 3 hours. Nothing too big, just a snack. Carrot sticks or some fruit would be good. Drink lots of water. Yogurt makes for a good snack. If you eat every 3 hours you wont feel so hungry and slowly the urge to want junk food will go away. Maybe you should shop with your mom and try getting some healthy snacks. Prunes can help make you poop and clean your system. And who's to say you can't have a slice of pizza once in a while? You can have a cheat date where you can eat whatever you want once a month or something. It makes things easier =]

As for your friends, I know what that's like too. It bugs and it feels like they're against you. The thing is that they like you for who you are. Not what you look like. So your weight doesn't matter to them. Though I wonder if they know how upset you are about it. If you can try making them understand how much losing weight means to you and that you need support then maybe they'll start showing it =/.

Quote:
i hate looking at pictures of myself, or looking at my reflection. i feel so helpless and lost. i want to lose wieght i really do, but nothing motivates me long enough to keep trying! i see all the success stories in this guild and it makes me cry. its not fair.i try so hard and then i just let myself slack off again. i want to be thin i want to be pretty i want to be happy about my body but nothing ever sticks whats worse i that my goal date is looming closer everyday and ive made absolutley no progress! please someone help me! gonk

Once again, I've been in these shoes. Everyone's been through this. You feel like it's a lost cause and like there's no point in trying. What helps is if you get a workout buddy. It's easier to workout with someone else and you're more likely to stick with it. It makes it easier when you know you have someone "suffering" next to you lol. Luckily for me I have two, my sister n law and my friend. My friend and I take weights at school and I come home and workout at night with my sister n law. If I try flaking out I get scolded and reminded why I'm doing it and I get back on my feet and do it. Today I didn't feel like working out but I did it anyway. I made a promise to get into shape by the time anime expo comes and damn it I will. You will too if you keep trying. Like they say, if at first you dont succeed, blame it on your pare--er...try and try again XD. Just keep trying.

If I can do it,then I dont see why you can't. You CAN do it. If you feel like you want to give up, DONT! Once you start you have to keep going. You owe yourself that much. I know you'll be sore and tired but think of it as good pain. Good pain because you know it's working and that should motivate you to keep going. When you read the stories in here dont get down. Think of them as a motivation tool. You're not alone. We're all going through the same struggle and if you need support then we can give it to you. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 am
Hah, awesome, I love The War of Art and I didn't think much people knew about it.

Also Yell at Your Fat is pretty cool but be prepared to listen to it with headphones if you have people around.  

Starlurk

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games