Welcome to Gaia! ::

The camp fire (need more story tellers)

Back to Guilds

Reply The tent(main stories)
What happened? (Half an update, want the rest give me names) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:16 am
Well, here it is, I finally had an insomnia night (or rather am having at the time of writing) and I finally came up with a story, it's all done, there won't be any more parts okay i cam up with a possibility to continue, but i need some stuff before I can continue, what I need is in the story help thread. It's a bit long... which I'm surprised at, when I came up with it it didn't seem to take that long, oh well. Oh and remember, this was written during an insomnia night, so it may not make much sense. Okay, NOW I'm done with the introduction.
(extra info second page)

I was stuck in the dark. I was confused, why couldn't I see anything... no, why couldn't I feel anything? I started panicking, what was wrong?! I had always had excellent senses, much stronger than others, sometimes I just wished a sense would go away, but not like this, no I didn't think it would feel like this! This couldn't be real, that's right! It must be a dream! Anytime now I'll wake up! Ha! Yes! There it was! My side hurt, it felt like it was bruised, but it was feeling, I'll be waking up anytime now!

I sprang up in bed and opened my eyes. "Augh!" I cried. My side really did hurt, well then, I must be awake now I thought as I looked around. I was in some sort of bed, it seemed like it was in a medical room of some sort, that made sense, my side was hurting so much something must have happened but what... I noticed that I was feeling lightheaded... from the pain? Probably, but it felt like something more, oh well. As I laid back down I noticed someone sitting in a chair, he was back behind me a bit, so I hadn't noticed him during my previous analysis. He was stting there, why wasn't he doing anything? As I noticed that he cleared his throat and said "Ah, are you finally awake?" I responded yes, but who was he and where was I?
"Oh I'm a doctor here my name is ___" I didn't catch his name but I was too curious at the moment. "You're in a clinic, some of my friends brought you in, they said they found you in... hmmm no, before I tell you that, do you remember what happened?"
I stopped to think, I was having trouble remembering, was that why I was lightheaded? I thought harder, I don't know for how long, but as my head started hurting I starting remembering something. I began to say what I was seeing aloud. I was sleeping in my room, my sister was in the bed next to me. Someone came running in... mom, she looked frantic, and came in so suddenly both my sister and I woke up. Mom didn't say anything as she grabbed both of us and dragged us to her room, her bed was pushed aside. She reached down to the floor and pulled up a trapdoor... had that always been there? She dragged us down and finally spoke.
"The two of you, hurry, follow this tunnel and when you get out, just run, just keep running as far as you can."
Immediately after saying that she pushed us in and shut the trapdoor, I could here something scratching over, she was moving the bed back over probably. After I noticed that I heard a scream, no several screams! Something was happening! I grabbed my sister and started running down the tunnel, my thoughts racing. Why wasn't my sister panicking though, she was so young, but she was still old enough to realize that something was happening, right above our heads! After what seemed like an eternity, but still felt not nearly long enough I saw some light. There! There light shining through the ground, I reached up and pushed, just as I thought, it was another trapdoor. I pushed it open a slit and listened, I didn't hear anything so I pushed it open completely and jumped out. I reached back in and lifted my sister out, was she always that light?
We turned the way the tunnel had been leading and started running again, there was a forest in the distance! Whatever was happening behind us... surely we would be safe from that in the forest. We began to run faster, it was amazing how she kept up with me. We finally reached the forest, not once had I looked back. We ran deeper in, and finally I was exhausted, how long had I been running? I collapsed to the ground and my sister sat next to me, how was it that she didn't look the slightest bit tired? I must have fallen asleep, because when I opened my eyes it seemed darker than it was before. What was that? There was a rustling from ahead of me, no behind me... no! All around! My sister leaned in towards me, obviously afraid. Suddenly several men came into where I could see them. Some of them grabbed my sister, she didn't even fight back, but when they grabbed me from behind I started flailing, I was sure I hit a couple of them good, but then they hit me, in my side, that must be how I got hurt. After that I blacked out and then I woke up here.
I looked at the doctor, I was suddenly nervous, how did I end up here then? He just sat there calmly and began to speak again. "I guess that makes sense, some friends of mine brought you here, they said they found you just laying in the woods, you already beat up though and none of them came back injured so I doubt they were the men you saw."
"But what about my sister!" I continued on, "They found me! What about her, they had to have found something!"
He frowned. "No they didn't, they only found you, you were in a clearing, they did mention that the ground was a bit scuffed though. Now then, you never said... where did you live? What was your sisters name? What's YOUR name?"
Then I heard this noise. I blacked out.

When I woke up this time I was in my room, but I had fallen off my bed, the pillows I never used were under me, but my side must have hit the bed when I fell. I got up and turned off my alarm clock. It was all a dream, I didn't have a sister, we had no trapdoors, nothing like that would happen. Oh well I thought, perhaps that'll help keep my imagination in check for a while, but as soon as I thought that I laughed out loud, no it'd be back full strength in a couple hours.

End of Part One: What Happened

"Gah!" I grudgingly reached and turned off my alarm. I hated having to be up at a set time. I got up, turned on my computer and then started typing.

That first dream had been a week ago and now it happened every night. It was always the same, when I was in the dream my "waking world" did not exist, the only thing that seemed different was now I was noticing more details in my dream. Hmmm... no, I'll go into that in more detail later, as of right now it wouldn't make as much sense. One thing was for certain, this dream was odd, perhaps it's the start of an adventure. Hah, there went my imagination again. I guess I better start organizing this more properly. Now, where to start... probably wouldn't matter too much, whoever'll end up reading this will think I'm crazy. Very well, I guess I'll just explain as things come to mind.

I already stated that the dream was the same every night. Well that includes everything, the nothingness for what I consider the "intro," the pain when I woke up, both the dream waking and the real waking. I had tried to cover up anything I could hurt myself on after the third day, but when I woke up that time the pain was more centered, turns out I somehow managed to get my elbow to bang against my ribs where I had fallen before, I gave up after trying that for a second night.

I guess it may useful to point this out at this point as well. It wasn't unusual for me to have a repeat dream, but usually it only happened for two days in a row or an amount of time would pass before it happened again, three in a row was odd, let alone a whole a week. Another odd thing is that the repeat dreams were never exactly the same, there would always be differences, quite a few would be obvious as well.

I probably shouldn't say that this dream was exactly the same each time, there was one difference each time. The sister. Each time I'd try to remember what she looked like when I woke up, but I would be unable too, but I'm somehow able to realize that she was never the same, everything about her would be different. Her hair color, eye color, her stature, hair length, nothing was the same.

Now then, I also mentioned that I noticed more details each time I dreamed. What I mean by that is about my "dream self." These are some of the things I've noticed so far. In the dream my nails are short, while awake they're long. My dream hair fell about mid-back to the waist and was a deep black, while my real hair is shoulder length red with a sort of brown undertone.

I guess this is all for now, I shall add more if anything comes to mind.
Signed
Zoray

I hit the save button and my entry was saved on the internet. It wasn't exactly private space, actually it was public. I was fairly certain that this was just a dream and nothing would happen, but if something did someone might think to check my online activity and then they'd see what had happened. This was my imagination safeguarding myself. The other advantage is that to anyone who didn't know, this was just a story, not real at all. This was the part of me stuck in reality realizing that this could be profitable if it got interesting.
After saving I decided to browse the internet. Not randomly, no instead I decided I should look for names. I was hoping that if I found names to fill in the blanks of the doctor's questions that just maybe the dream would continue.

End of Part 2.0: Insurance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:36 pm
Yes! A Zoray-story! (Sorry 'bout the insomnia, though.)
Gotta love your writing style, very much emotional depth, and you used the first-person view very well. For a story that is meant to be conclusive at the end, it seemed like it wanted to go on longer and was cut short quickly before it had the chance!

...And is the main character based on miss Zoray and her own vivid dreams? xD  

SnowDrifted

Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:21 pm
SnowDrifted
Gotta love your writing style, very much emotional depth, and you used the first-person view very well. For a story that is meant to be conclusive at the end, it seemed like it wanted to go on longer and was cut short quickly before it had the chance!

Well maybe I will end up cutting out that last bit, but that's only if I ever end up with a continuation, and I knew it would end up with that end, since that's what happens to my dreams, right at the best part snap! wakeywakey time! -.-
yes, yes it is, I really feel pain, sometimes I have ended off the bed (or slammed in the wall) so its a good thing I don't use my pillows XP  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 pm
Zoray
SnowDrifted

Well maybe I will end up cutting out that last bit, but that's only if I ever end up with a continuation, and I knew it would end up with that end, since that's what happens to my dreams, right at the best part snap! wakeywakey time! -.-
yes, yes it is, I really feel pain, sometimes I have ended off the bed (or slammed in the wall) so its a good thing I don't use my pillows XP

Good! It would be a good story to continue if you chose to. 3nodding
For some reason when I dream that's only happened to me a few times. (But I don't dream often, unfortunately.)
Well you should put your pillows on your floor! (Or have a bed with bars on the edge.) xD  

SnowDrifted

Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:47 pm
SnowDrifted
Zoray
SnowDrifted

Good! It would be a good story to continue if you chose to. 3nodding
For some reason when I dream that's only happened to me a few times. (But I don't dream often, unfortunately.)
Well you should put your pillows on your floor! (Or have a bed with bars on the edge.) xD

XP only if I came up with something.
I dream every night, and they are all very vivid >.<
The pillows are on my floor, along with extra blankets XD and as for a bed with bars... yeahhhh I used to have a bunk bed with that... apparently I tried to climb over once sweatdrop and there was no cushions under it  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:31 pm
you should try to continue it razz I liked it >_<  

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:42 pm
Graphic Geek
you should try to continue it razz I liked it >_<

I guess I'll have to try to come up with something then xp no guarantees though!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 pm
Zoray- It shall come with time, yes? Ya don't have to come up with nothin' big. :3
Really? Wow. You would definitely make an awesome writer then, that's for sure.
Geez, would tying you down with steel cords work then? XD  

SnowDrifted

Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:59 pm
SnowDrifted
Zoray- It shall come with time, yes? Ya don't have to come up with nothin' big. :3
Really? Wow. You would definitely make an awesome writer then, that's for sure.
Geez, would tying you down with steel cords work then? XD

yeah yeah yeah, >.<
Sure I would... if I actually felt more interest in it >.< and was a bit more confident
nooo probably not.... im very squirmy, id end up out of them easily...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:52 am
Confinence, shmonfidence. Writing is fun to do anyways. xp
(Pffft smonfidence. xD )
Hmmm...Ok, here's the plan. Snowy creeps into your house and watches you while ya sleep. You'll be so creeped out you'll have no choice but to sleep peacefully!  

SnowDrifted

Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:41 am
SnowDrifted
Confinence, shmonfidence. Writing is fun to do anyways. xp
(Pffft smonfidence. xD )
Hmmm...Ok, here's the plan. Snowy creeps into your house and watches you while ya sleep. You'll be so creeped out you'll have no choice but to sleep peacefully!

eek i always expected you stalker you too say something like that... but even so, that is just so creepy, and no way it would work  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:44 am
Heheh, what if me AND Cloud watch you? You'll be twice as creeped out that you'll be unconscious. XD  

SnowDrifted

Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 am
SnowDrifted
Heheh, what if me AND Cloud watch you? You'll be twice as creeped out that you'll be unconscious. XD

no, then id be going higurashi eek the first ark... yeahhh...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 pm
Zoray
SnowDrifted

lol  

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zoray
Vice Captain

Vicious Hoarder

14,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:52 pm
Graphic Geek
Zoray
SnowDrifted

lol

xp have you seen that?  
The tent(main stories)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas