Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Mars=Garden of Eden? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 pm
i just watched the special edition of Brink about halfway through it my brother said "you know i never thought of it but Mars could be the Garden of Eden" so it seems that life may siersly be possible on mars in fact the tools that are destroying Earth could make Mars suitible for life and they think life could have been there once so my qeustion is was the Garden of Eden once here, is it even possible, and if not then were do YOU think it is?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:46 pm
Well the bible specifically places the garden somewhere in the middle east. There where 4 rivers, and it gave the name of them. The ones I remember are the Tigeres and Euphrates.
Though I do know it is ENTIRELY possible. We have a infinite God.

Though I think God took the garden up to Heaven with him.  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 pm
Could be fun if it were. I very much doubt that it's so. If there is or was life on Mars, they probably have their own story. My personal opinion is that Eden was in the middle of aforementioned four rivers... in Pangea. You know, that blob that was once one huge land mass then broke apart? When the contents started to form into... well, continents, the Garden was broken as well. Otherwise, I image we'd still see an angel with a flaming sword hanging around, and it'd be rather easy to pinpoint. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:24 am
ryuu_chan
Could be fun if it were. I very much doubt that it's so. If there is or was life on Mars, they probably have their own story. My personal opinion is that Eden was in the middle of aforementioned four rivers... in Pangea. You know, that blob that was once one huge land mass then broke apart? When the contents started to form into... well, continents, the Garden was broken as well. Otherwise, I image we'd still see an angel with a flaming sword hanging around, and it'd be rather easy to pinpoint. mrgreen

Haha, assuming the angel isn't in the spirit form and rather invisible to the everyday observer. Then again, that would suggest that the tree of life is still out there somewhere, along with the tree of knowledge of good and evil.  

Priestley

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:27 am
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
i just watched the special edition of Brink about halfway through it my brother said "you know i never thought of it but Mars could be the Garden of Eden" so it seems that life may siersly be possible on mars in fact the tools that are destroying Earth could make Mars suitible for life and they think life could have been there once so my qeustion is was the Garden of Eden once here, is it even possible, and if not then were do YOU think it is?

Hm, then we'd be descendents of Martians? Neat. eek

I really like the idea, but I am delving into the realm of sci-fi with it. Watching Stargate SG-1 has really thrown off my perception of ancient historical and archaelogical discovery.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:03 am
That's ridiculous. Eden is metaphorical. While Adam and Eve were unaware of the choice between good and evil, they were innocent, and their world was a paradise. But bliss is not worth it if the price is ignorance, and upon the Fall of Man - or perhaps the Rise, as I see it - their eyes were opened to evil, and they were taken to an imperfect world of hardship and tribulation.  

Galad Aglaron

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:57 am
Priestley
ryuu_chan

Haha, assuming the angel isn't in the spirit form and rather invisible to the everyday observer. Then again, that would suggest that the tree of life is still out there somewhere, along with the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Doesn't it mention in the bible that those tree's are up by the throne of God? Or am I just confused. xP  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 am
I was watching a special on the History Channel about the Garden of Eden (I seriously love the History Channel), and one scholar suggested that it might actually be at the north of the Mediterranean Sea, underwater. There are two fossil rivers that branch out to the east and west of it, and he says that during the first global warming/huge climate change, when the sea level rose, it flooded the valley where the Garden was located, and over time, the other two rivers mentioned (which don't exist today) dried up.

There is also the theory that the story in Genesis about Eden and the Fall of Man has more to do with the rise of agriculture and the leaving behind of a gathering and hunting lifestyle.

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

fromthatshow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:41 pm
I think the Garden of Eden is symbolic for a time when we were not separate from God, and then we fell into separateness and individuality. We fell into fear and guilt.
Weather it's an actual place I don't know, very well could be Mars, or could be in the Middle East.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I was watching a special on the History Channel about the Garden of Eden (I seriously love the History Channel), and one scholar suggested that it might actually be at the north of the Mediterranean Sea, underwater. There are two fossil rivers that branch out to the east and west of it, and he says that during the first global warming/huge climate change, when the sea level rose, it flooded the valley where the Garden was located, and over time, the other two rivers mentioned (which don't exist today) dried up.

Point 1: heart heart heart on the History Channel. xd

Real point 1: I do think that wherever the Garden may have maifested, it's most definitely been either drowned or chopped down. The northern Mediterranean is actually a pretty plausible place for it.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:01 pm
fromthatshow
I think the Garden of Eden is symbolic for a time when we were not separate from God, and then we fell into separateness and individuality. We fell into fear and guilt.
Weather it's an actual place I don't know, very well could be Mars, or could be in the Middle East.

It's said to be in the east, yes. Guarded by a cherub (or in some versions, a seraph) with a flaming sword.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm
Hmm...interesting i never thought that The Garden could be under water.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Romjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:56 pm
ryuu_chan

If I may interject with some of my fundamentalist thoughts.

I believe that the continents are still connected below the oceans. There's dirt under there, so I'd be more likely to suggest that it was the flood of Noah (I take the flood story literally) that destroyed the Garden of Eden (or flooded it and it remains underwater) and gave us our oceans and left the continents similar to where they are now.

I doubt the current river Euphrates is the same one mentioned in the early chapters of Genesis because after the flood, the people left over to repopulate the world could've easily renamed things that look similar to places they've been before; like the English and French did when they came to the Americas, with places like New York and my home province, Nova Scotia (New Scotland in Latin) which reminded the colonials of York and Scotland.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:10 pm
Spike Zantren
ryuu_chan

If I may interject with some of my fundamentalist thoughts.

I believe that the continents are still connected below the oceans. There's dirt under there, so I'd be more likely to suggest that it was the flood of Noah (I take the flood story literally) that destroyed the Garden of Eden (or flooded it and it remains underwater) and gave us our oceans and left the continents similar to where they are now.

If you were not anti-science, you would know, rather than believe, the continents are connected through solid earth.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 am
Spike Zantren
ryuu_chan

...the people left over to repopulate the world could've easily renamed things that look similar to places they've been before; like the English and French did when they came to the Americas, with places like New York and my home province, Nova Scotia (New Scotland in Latin) which reminded the colonials of York and Scotland.

THREAD STOP

Just a quick correction: before becoming New York, the settlement was established as New Amsterdam, was then captured by the English temporarily and then recaptured by the Dutch to be called New Orange. It was eventually ceded to the British permanently by treaty and called New York.

THREAD GO

Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces